Someone decided to break my fog lights

Mae22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatch Sport Touring Aegean Blue Metallic
Country flag
Mine were both broken within weeks of each other, less than 6 months after buying the car brand new. I hadn't even noticed until I did a walk-around with the dealership when I went in to get my windshield replaced (also caused by a rock) and he pointed it out. I searched here and found that it's quite common - the fog light lenses are easily broken by rocks, road debris, etc. I would bet nobody deliberately broke them - you just prob hadn't noticed it until now.
Sponsored

Archangel

Archangel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R CW #00006
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Lol, why are you so negative?

Don't blame people because you had a few rocks fly up and break your lights
Rocks or not People do suck...
Its not being negative. Its a valid and truthful, observation that has been observed numerous times.
Other people the ones who suck, are why WE the people who don't suck cant have nice things.

Joe1986

Banned
First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Came out of the grocery store and noticed this. Probably happened in the past few days. People suck. How do I go about replacing these?

IMG_2189.JPG

IMG_2190.JPG
First of all no one broke your fog light...its glass from honda and rock probably break it , mine break two months after owning...so no people dont suck

JayDiem

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 FK8, 2007 Ram 1500, 2000 CRV
Country flag
The foglights on my Dodge broke from normal use about 6 years/90,000 miles apart. Due to the fact yours both broke at/around the same time, I'd say the odds weigh more heavily on a single act of vandalism vs two separate rocks in such a short time span. Assuming Joe1986 means Hamilton Ontario, I find it Pretty funny both people who allege people don't suck and blame rocks are from Canada.

Tev42

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
I went through several of these on my last Si. Probably just bad luck

Osobigg

Grand Sky Marshal of the North
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sport Hatchback 6MT Polished Metal
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Drove through the mountains for the first time.....in February.
needed a new windshield and 2 foglights before i got home.

wish i had known the LEDs were plastic as an option.....

OP
OP
jopale

jopale

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SI
Country flag
I've had zero break in 4 years. And he had both break around the same time, by some seeing eye rocks? Seems unlikely to me.

How many have you had break?
I've had the car for 1.5 years and this is the first and only time they've ever broken. Also, for what it's worth, I live in Colorado now; for those not initiated, there is a certain disregard or dislike of out-of-staters here, especially those from California (I still have my CA plates). Who knows.

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
I've had the car for 1.5 years and this is the first and only time they've ever broken. Also, for what it's worth, I live in Colorado now; for those not initiated, there is a certain disregard or dislike of out-of-staters here, especially those from California (I still have my CA plates). Who knows.
All it takes is shear bad luck really, broke both of them when I only owned the car for 8 months

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Lol, why are you so negative?

Don't blame people because you had a few rocks fly up and break your lights
Hes stating that because some people do suck, like when they do this to your car and don't stick around, or when they slam into the the back of you totalling your car and don't stop.

Honda Civic 10th gen Someone decided to break my fog lights IMG_20200503_174545679_HDR

oberstja

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've been considering upgrading to the morimoto LED fogs after seeing several of these stories regarding broken fog lights. I have yellow lamin-x on my fogs at the moment, but with the amount of driving I do it wouldn't surprise me if one of one of them breaks because of a rock or something. My front end has plenty of paint chips from getting hit by stuff.

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hes stating that because some people do suck, like when they do this to your car and don't stick around
I know who did this. I didn't see her, and there wasn't camera footage, but I saw her smirk at me the next day in the work parking lot. Karma will get her miserable ass and her 1998 Malibu

Honda Civic 10th gen Someone decided to break my fog lights IMG_20180622_081126

As for fogs, Lamin-x saved mine from debris and rocks a plenty.

First Name
adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda civic x 2018
Country flag
Any recommendations? I'm upset that they're broken, but I'm seeing this an opportunity to upgrade :-D
the only thing about the oem led ones are that the led bulbs come as part of the module, so youre not free to swap the bulb for different temperature bulbs

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag
My civic is the first car I ever owned with fog lights. I fully expect them to break one day on a long trip.

I had fog lights broken on rental cars at least three times and I never knew when it happened, so I assumed it was already broken before I rented it. It was on SUVs, so they were located higher than on the civic, but they looked about the same. I never had to pay for them. Now when I walk around a rental car, I check the fog lights.

You can't just say that "people suck" because absolute statements without a reference have no logical basis. People suck more than who? Of the several classes of beings that I have dealt with (People, Animals, Aliens, Robots, Gods, Elves, and Succubi) the People are definitely not the ones that suck the most (that would be the Succubi). And I also know for a fact that Animals are jerks.
Sponsored