ExVTEC

First Name
Elliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
Ugh, just drove her car and it feels faster than my CTR, wtf. Low end torque is definitely superior to the R ā˜¹
My 1.8 jetta with a JB1 felt better than my R from a start. No balls up top like the R though.

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ugh, just drove her car and it feels faster than my CTR, wtf. Low end torque is definitely superior to the R ā˜¹
My 1.8 jetta with a JB1 felt better than my R from a start. No balls up top like the R though.
The first gear is bad in the CTR. If you floor it you get wheelspin (and if you donā€™t you feel turbo lag) and when you shift to second unless you shift with reckless abandon you have to wait a sec for the revs to drop. After that though once you hit 4K in 2nd gear the CTR unleashes its fury. Unfortunately that may mean flirting with the upper edges of the speed limit depending on the road. :confused:

OP
OP
ExVTEC

ExVTEC

First Name
Elliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
Yea. The thing is I only drove her car for about 1 minute at 25 mph. I went down the street to shake the water off the wheels after a wash. The throttle response seemed very quick. I'd say quicker than my +R mode. I'm still scratching my head.

The first gear is bad in the CTR. If you floor it you get wheelspin (and if you donā€™t you feel turbo lag) and when you shift to second unless you shift with reckless abandon you have to wait a sec for the revs to drop. After that though once you hit 4K in 2nd gear the CTR unleashes its fury. Unfortunately that may mean flirting with the upper edges of the speed limit depending on the road. :confused:

krees

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R & 2020 Ridgeline BE
Country flag
Yea. The thing is I only drove her car for about 1 minute at 25 mph. I went down the street to shake the water off the wheels after a wash. The throttle response seemed very quick. I'd say quicker than my +R mode. I'm still scratching my head.
If it's a factory flash, it peaks quick with loads of torque in the middle but is flat up higher. The factory throttle mapping is not linear so it feels like it's got lots of power throughout until you hit the flat spot at 5k+ to redline and it kinda let's you down. My 17 WRX is tuned with MA performance stage 1 and it's so much better than stock. It pulls all the way to redline and it is evenly matched with my r. I have a ktuner for the r, just lazy with the whole ecu sending thing.

OP
OP
ExVTEC

ExVTEC

First Name
Elliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
Her car is stock if that's what you mean by factory flash. So basically it starts good down low then runs out of steam and the type r being the opposite?

If it's a factory flash, it peaks quick with loads of torque in the middle but is flat up higher. The factory throttle mapping is not linear so it feels like it's got lots of power throughout until you hit the flat spot at 5k+ to redline and it kinda let's you down. My 17 WRX is tuned with MA performance stage 1 and it's so much better than stock. It pulls all the way to redline and it is evenly matched with my r. I have a ktuner for the r, just lazy with the whole ecu sending thing.

krees

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R & 2020 Ridgeline BE
Country flag
Her car is stock if that's what you mean by factory flash. So basically it starts good down low then runs out of steam and the type r being the opposite?
Essentially. I think you'd start pulling on it up top pretty well if it's stock.

OP
OP
ExVTEC

ExVTEC

First Name
Elliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
I gotta say I wish my CTR felt that good in the lower revs. I hate saying it but the WRX is more fun IMO. Thanks for all the info.

Essentially. I think you'd start pulling on it up top pretty well if it's stock.

REBELXSi

SeƱor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
Having never driven either, I'm going with the R... Kinda unfair on a Honda Civic forum.
Sponsored