Country flag

hoodlum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saturn Astra
Country flag
Curious...

What's the likelihood the Hatch SPORT, in a manual, will come with features (below) that I desire?
  1. Sunroof/Moonroof -- what's the difference?
  2. Alloy Wheels
  3. Touch screen display with at least a 5 inch screen
  4. Bluetooth
  5. Back-up camera
  6. Lane Watch
Only Canada will get all of this (and much more) with the Hatch Sport. Canada is not getting the EX so most of the EX features were add to the Sport.

lzaffuto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback LX and 2001 Jeep Cherokee Classic
Country flag
This has to be the EX then? It doesn't list the trim on the car, though from Honda's shots the Sport and Sport Touring editions will have the trim level displayed on the car.
My guess is that yes that is either an EX or more likely an EX-L (it has leather and sunroof but no sport badging and no center exhaust).

Braxford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Honda Civic EX Sedan
Only Canada will get all of this (and much more) with the Hatch Sport. Canada is not getting the EX so most of the EX features were add to the Sport.
As an American who's eyeing the Standard Sport trim level...

Honda Civic 10th gen Some closeups of 2017 Civic Hatchback in white HQvRL

That sucks. However, I bet you the Sport will fit somewhere between the LX-P trim level of the Coupe, and the EX-T, like so:

Honda Civic 10th gen Some closeups of 2017 Civic Hatchback in white OMFVgJW

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
This is why the Hatch Si isn't happening. This touring Sport model has basically ALL the visual appointments the Si will get. Red gauges, carbon fiber look on the dash, the same 18" wheels, the same front bumper we've seen on the Si spy shots, center mounted exhaust, etc. The sport models are as close to an Si hatch as you'll get (for the time being). Expect all these same visual appointments to be on the sedan/coupe Si models however as well.

I also feel that the fact the sport hatch models come in automatics (or manual if you get the base) even with the boosted hp and torque lends some tangibility that we might end up seeing an automatic option on the future Si models as well. (possibly not on the 2017s but in the next year or two as an addition to the lineup).
In a larger sense you are probably right. But the Si has historically been more comparable to the EX trim. Which is why with the addition of the Touring, I suspect we'll see TWO versions of the Si - a base and a GT (aka Touring). I am thinking Honda has held off on the Si Hatch to see how hatch sales in general do. If demand is unusually strong, particularly for the 6MT Sport, I expect we'll see an Si variant by 2019. Otherwise I think they'll keep it reserved for the sedan and coupe.

I'm doubtful on the automatic unless sales begin to slump on the Si, or they bump the Si to mass production. Which is entirely possible now thanks to the efficiency of turbocharging.

Last edited:

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
Also, I thought it might be helpful to rank the Civic's expected USDM trims (regardless of model):

LX
LX-T
LX-P
Sport
EX
EX-T
EX-L
Si (no leather)
Touring
Sport Touring
Si GT (?)
Type R
Type R GT (?)

Last edited:

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Curious...

What's the likelihood the Hatch SPORT, in a manual, will come with features (below) that I desire?
  2. Alloy Wheels
  4. Bluetooth
  5. Back-up camera
  6. Lane Watch
Why don't you just read the bloody press release that came out like 3 weeks ago? Jesus...

Deleted member 2567

Curious...

2. Alloy Wheels
  4. Bluetooth
  5. Back-up camera
  6. Lane Watch
1. No
2. Yes. 18s
3. Yes
4. Yes
5. Yes
6. No

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
I don't think they are. Everything I have looked at says the sport and sport touring will have 18s.
Coming from an OG like me-that's crazy(cool). I remember the first guy I knew to fit 18's on his integra and we were like yo wtf is this guy doing?!!! Back then the EX had 14" steel wheels while the Si got 15" alloys!
Progress is great