[Solved]I don't see more extreme variations on tire and wheel size in most of the related threads. Why?

OP
OP
MLawrence

MLawrence

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si
Country flag
The reason I say it didn't exist , and I clearly explained incorrectly on this point , was it is a tire that is no longer produced , I should have said it no longer exist , because the 235/30 did at one time , however it was not a popular tire .

Toyo is the last manufacturer that did make it . There are probably a few sets left on eBay .
Upon looking it up, it seems that the 235/35 profile also leaves some rim exposed. Less than the 30, but exposed nonetheless.
I don’t really care about rims getting scratched, but I don’t want to spend a ton on lightweight rims, just for them to be destroyed so easily because of the tires profile. Whatever’s on the road that can scratch and chip a rim, can just as easily crack and destroy one. Better to err on the side of caution.
Sponsored

OP
OP
MLawrence

MLawrence

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si
Country flag
Ok I’m marking this thread is answered.
Thanks for your help guys.

So in conclusion, there is no actual technical hurdle. It’s just a matter of ride comfort preference, and product availability.