First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PMM 2018 EX Hatchback, NHBP 2007 Accord Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I recently switched from Hondata to KTuner. I've successfully registered, and locked my V1.2 to my ECU. I've successfully flashed "Factory Software" twice now, but when I try to flash an actual tune it gives me a pop up that says "The currently open tune is not the correct programming for this ECU. ECU: 37085-5AN-9520 Tune: 37085-5AN-B52"

So apparently the tune doesn't fit my ECU, I get that, but when I hit the "+" sign to select my model year and ECU, all that comes up is: "L15B7-T 2016+ Civic---> Factory 5AN-B5X CVT" There's no other option for "5AN-9520" or whatever else it would be in the drop down. Only "5AN-B5X" tunes.

It also does this when I try to save to the device instead of flashing directly to ECU.Should also add that this is on a 2018 Civic Hatch (EX), and that the "Factory 5AN-B5X CVT" tune description says "Factory 5AN Hatch Base Calibration"

Can someone help me out?

See Final Comment For Solution
Sponsored

Last edited:

Linszter

TunerView Developer
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Accord K24, 2005 Civic K20 VSA
Country flag
I recently switched from Hondata to KTuner. I've successfully registered, and locked my V1.2 to my ECU. I've successfully flashed "Factory Software" twice now, but when I try to flash an actual tune it gives me a pop up that says "The currently open tune is not the correct programming for this ECU. ECU: 37085-5AN-9520 Tune: 37085-5AN-B52"

So apparently the tune doesn't fit my ECU, I get that, but when I hit the "+" sign to select my model year and ECU, all that comes up is: "L15B7-T 2016+ Civic---> Factory 5AN-B5X CVT" There's no other option for "5AN-9520" or whatever else it would be in the drop down. Only "5AN-B5X" tunes.

It also does this when I try to save to the device instead of flashing directly to ECU.Should also add that this is on a 2018 Civic Hatch (EX), and that the "Factory 5AN-B5X CVT" tune description says "Factory 5AN Hatch Base Calibration"

Can someone help me out?
37085 is not an ECU. ECU starts with 37820

OP
OP
FK7 Mvnny

FK7 Mvnny

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
Unfortunately a different product you used must have flashed you to a software that doesn't match your ECU. You can verify this by going to Tools>KTuner Unit Info. You'll likely find that your ECU hardware number is in fact 37820-5AN-B5 series, but you've been flashed back to an incorrect and mismatched software version. This has happened to several people who have switched from other products to KTuner and had you just been patient, since it is a weekend, you'll already find instructions via email on how to get back to the correct software version with the help of the KTuner software.

OP
OP
FK7 Mvnny

FK7 Mvnny

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Unfortunately a different product you used must have flashed you to a software that doesn't match your ECU. You can verify this by going to Tools>KTuner Unit Info. You'll likely find that your ECU hardware number is in fact 37820-5AN-B5 series, but you've been flashed back to an incorrect and mismatched software version. This has happened to several people who have switched from other products to KTuner and had you just been patient, since it is a weekend, you'll already find instructions via email on how to get back to the correct software version with the help of the KTuner software.
Appreciate your email reply on a Sunday morning! Didn't see anything on this forum or KTuner forums about this happening to people who switched over, so it was more about public documentation of a solution for anyone else having a similar problem than impatience. Again, I appreciate your help outside of business hours; means a lot!

andyboyd102

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
Appreciate your email reply on a Sunday morning! Didn't see anything on this forum or KTuner forums about this happening to people who switched over, so it was more about public documentation of a solution for anyone else having a similar problem than impatience. Again, I appreciate your help outside of business hours; means a lot!
hondata has done this to several users and they don't even realize that they are being given incorrect software when reflashing back to stock. This is why I will never buy a hondata product again because they don't care enough about their customers to even give them the proper ECU software. This is happened to more people than I can count and hondata needs to get their act together and stop doing this to customers. This is piss poor customer service at its finest given to you by hondata

OP
OP
FK7 Mvnny

FK7 Mvnny

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ktuner provided me with a solution to the problem that worked. I'll do a clear outline below in as much detail as possible:
  • Put your vehicle in "on" mode. (Engine not running)
  • Connect KTuner device to OBDII, and to your laptop through USB
  • Go to "Tuning">"Return to Factory"
  • When the flash begins and all your warning lights turn on, disconnect youre device from the OBDII and your laptop.
  • Key off your vehicle, wait a few seconds, then key back on.
  • Reconnect device to OBDII and to your laptop
  • KTuner will open up a prompt saying that it has detected that the ECU is in recovery mode. Hit "Yes"
  • Follow on-screen steps to complete the flash.
  • You should know be able to flash any tune
This sends the ECU into recovery mode, and once complete, reveals your correct software so it can match up to your corresponding tunes.
Thank you,
@KTuner !

andyboyd102

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
Ktuner provided me with a solution to the problem that worked. I'll do a clear outline below in as much detail as possible:
  • Put your vehicle in "on" mode. (Engine not running)
  • Connect KTuner device to OBDII, and to your laptop through USB
  • Go to "Tuning">"Return to Factory"
  • When the flash begins and all your warning lights turn on, disconnect youre device from the OBDII and your laptop.
  • Key off your vehicle, wait a few seconds, then key back on.
  • Reconnect device to OBDII and to your laptop
  • KTuner will open up a prompt saying that it has detected that the ECU is in recovery mode. Hit "Yes"
  • Follow on-screen steps to complete the flash.
  • You should know be able to flash any tune
This sends the ECU into recovery mode, and once complete, reveals your correct software so it can match up to your corresponding tunes.
Thank you,
@KTuner !
You're right about "Thank you @KTuner" they have came to the rescue more than once. I am grateful we have a ECU tuning software company that actually cares about their customers

OP
OP
FK7 Mvnny

FK7 Mvnny

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
hondata has done this to several users and they don't even realize that they are being given incorrect software when reflashing back to stock. This is why I will never buy a hondata product again because they don't care enough about their customers to even give them the proper ECU software. This is happened to more people than I can count and hondata needs to get their act together and stop doing this to customers. This is piss poor customer service at its finest given to you by hondata
Yeah, this is unreal. I was clueless. I think it's just because the "factory tune" is supposed to be a stock equivalent , not necessarily the exact tune from factory. Them forcing us to flash back to stock before unlocking is more of a move for them (So customers don't stay with a tune and just resell), than for the customer who may just want to go stock and stay stock. They don't really account for a switching customer, so I guess they don't bother?

andyboyd102

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
Yeah, this is unreal. I was clueless. I think it's just because the "factory tune" is supposed to be a stock equivalent , not necessarily the exact tune from factory. Them forcing us to flash back to stock before unlocking is more of a move for them (So customers don't stay with a tune and just resell), than for the customer who may just want to go stock and stay stock. They don't really account for a switching customer, so I guess they don't bother?
There are well over a hundred different ecu's for the Honda Civic. When you decide to return to stock you should have the exact same ECU software that came off your car. That is just common sense. They are giving customers incorrect software and just saying to themselves so it'll be okay. Not cool at all!!! They really need to get their act together and start providing the service you pay for instead of ignoring and overlooking the facts

Last edited:

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
Glad you got it all worked out with those directions. No idea what the reasoning is for doing this, but I'm sure it will get someone in warranty trouble when a tech at Honda sees that your software and hardware numbers don't match.
Sponsored