Solution and steps to fix No Temperature Display!!

wolf13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic
Honda Civic 10th gen Solution and steps to fix No Temperature Display!! ima
Definitely. Here you go.

I hope this works as easily for you guys. The whole process was really quick. Like under 10 mins including reading everything to myself a bunch of times -- maybe, bring a friend who can read to you while you're going through all the steps. And it didn't wipe out any customizations except my wallpaper.

Full disclosure -- the only problem that I had was the absence of temp display and I have the Touring. Everything else works fine.

The instructions came with a long safety disclaimer. Intended for use by skilled technicians ... Should not be attempted by "do-it-yourselfers"

This is exactly how the directions read:
Perform inline diag. Enter the diag screen by pressing and holding Day/Night, PWR, and Menu. Once the screen comes up, press and hold the Home button. When the inline diag screen comes up, press incomplete. The system will reboot and come back up to inline diag. Press start diag, the press (pick up, hang up, talk) on the steering wheel and snap your fingers at the mic when pressing talk. Once it completes, press exit diag.​

These are the finicky things I noticed. And these are my own notes so feel free to ignore if they're confusing and just follow the directions above:
  1. The car actually needs be running and do not turn it off until you see the temp display.
  2. You have to press all three buttons together at the same time and the PWR is the audio power -- sounds obvious.
  3. That inline diag screen - you actually have to press the first selection that says "completion" in order to get to the incomplete button.
  4. EDIT: I posted a picture of the screen after the reboot and before I pressed start diag. I scratched out my code with red ...
  5. When you press start diag nothing seems to happen - I don't even remember it beeping at me.
  6. As soon as you press it -- press the steering wheel buttons in order (not all at once) ... Pick up then hang up then talk - they will light up green on screen.
  7. Snap right up at the mic while you're holding the talk button and keep snapping until you see all the squares light up. (I feel like there might have been something else that lit up green but don't remember exactly so probably ignore me here)
  8. Once that process looks complete then press exit. The system powers up again and the red and blue bars in the two corners show up before the temp reading actually appears.
So I'd been using voice recognition to set the temp and the car has always been warm regardless of what I set it to. That's because it was only setting the driver's side! The passenger's side was set to 81F for 2 weeks!! You have no idea how relieved I am. Now I feel like I can enjoy my new toy and play with all the tech. I was so hesitant to try out any of the sensing stuff when something as basic as temp didn't display.
Sponsored

nestor2909

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Touring
Country flag
image.jpeg
Definitely. Here you go.

I hope this works as easily for you guys. The whole process was really quick. Like under 10 mins including reading everything to myself a bunch of times -- maybe, bring a friend who can read to you while you're going through all the steps. And it didn't wipe out any customizations except my wallpaper.

Full disclosure -- the only problem that I had was the absence of temp display and I have the Touring. Everything else works fine.

The instructions came with a long safety disclaimer. Intended for use by skilled technicians ... Should not be attempted by "do-it-yourselfers"

This is exactly how the directions read:
Perform inline diag. Enter the diag screen by pressing and holding Day/Night, PWR, and Menu. Once the screen comes up, press and hold the Home button. When the inline diag screen comes up, press incomplete. The system will reboot and come back up to inline diag. Press start diag, the press (pick up, hang up, talk) on the steering wheel and snap your fingers at the mic when pressing talk. Once it completes, press exit diag.​

These are the finicky things I noticed. And these are my own notes so feel free to ignore if they're confusing and just follow the directions above:
  1. The car actually needs be running and do not turn it off until you see the temp display.
  2. You have to press all three buttons together at the same time and the PWR is the audio power -- sounds obvious.
  3. That inline diag screen - you actually have to press the first selection that says "completion" in order to get to the incomplete button.
  4. EDIT: I posted a picture of the screen after the reboot and before I pressed start diag. I scratched out my code with red ...
  5. When you press start diag nothing seems to happen - I don't even remember it beeping at me.
  6. As soon as you press it -- press the steering wheel buttons in order (not all at once) ... Pick up then hang up then talk - they will light up green on screen.
  7. Snap right up at the mic while you're holding the talk button and keep snapping until you see all the squares light up. (I feel like there might have been something else that lit up green but don't remember exactly so probably ignore me here)
  8. Once that process looks complete then press exit. The system powers up again and the red and blue bars in the two corners show up before the temp reading actually appears.
So I'd been using voice recognition to set the temp and the car has always been warm regardless of what I set it to. That's because it was only setting the driver's side! The passenger's side was set to 81F for 2 weeks!! You have no idea how relieved I am. Now I feel like I can enjoy my new toy and play with all the tech. I was so hesitant to try out any of the sensing stuff when something as basic as temp didn't display.
Sponsored