OP
Bodhizefa

Bodhizefa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW CTR and CBP CR-V
Country flag
I think OP knew what he was doing writing this. Referencing a 911 and M5 when I'm going to assume he's not driven either based on the comparisons made.
I have driven a 911. Never been in an M5 (but have driven an M2 and M3 on occasion). Honestly, the only reason I referenced those cars is due to data sheets I've read. The 2019 R has a braking distance of around 99 feet, which was similar to a Porsche 911 (can't remember what year). And the M5 and the Tesla have very similar 0-60's. The comps were data driven, not because any of those vehicles are similar in "feel" which is what I think you thought I meant.
Sponsored

Jwolf

I Think I'm Fast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 86, '19 CTR, Some other stuff
Country flag
I never claimed I needed two hands off the wheel. You guys are putting words in my mouth and that's your prerogative. I enjoy the hell out of the Model 3 for a variety of reasons and it also helps me with my son. Anything you think you know beyond that is purely speculation.
You're right you did not say two hands, I just speculated as much with my own experiences. I apologize.

I do still believe pulling over is your best bet, regardless of car being driven.

OP
OP
Bodhizefa

Bodhizefa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW CTR and CBP CR-V
Country flag
Thought it was gonna be a Hellcat... nope. Muscle cars are made for straight line speed and usually can't corner for shit.

OP, enjoy the Model 3. I personally can not stand the [lack of an] interior of those things, but Model S's are pretty cool in my eyes.
I thought I was going to have an issue with the lack of interior and everything being centered around the touchscreen. What I found was that I didn't miss any of it and actually felt free to drive and watch the road. To each his own, for sure, but I enjoy it.

How's the Mazda3 treating you? Still enjoying it? Out of curiosity, if the next gen R had a paddle shifter/automatic option, would you be interested?

OP
OP
Bodhizefa

Bodhizefa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW CTR and CBP CR-V
Country flag
You're right you did not say two hands, I just speculated as much with my own experiences. I apologize.

I do still believe pulling over is your best bet, regardless of car being driven.
I completely agree that pulling over is always the best option. Sometimes that's unfortunately not an option in the city and I have to do some quick back and forth with my son. I'm happy to DM you the details, I just don't want to publicly out my kid for his disability. Hope you can understand.

Jwolf

I Think I'm Fast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I have driven a 911. Never been in an M5 (but have driven an M2 and M3 on occasion). Honestly, the only reason I referenced those cars is due to data sheets I've read. The 2019 R has a braking distance of around 99 feet, which was similar to a Porsche 911 (can't remember what year). And the M5 and the Tesla have very similar 0-60's. The comps were data driven, not because any of those vehicles are similar in "feel" which is what I think you thought I meant.
Numbers may be similar, method is completely different.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
They're both fun cars. That's the common link. Just sayin'.
yeah thats where we can disagree i guess.
i at one pointed wanted a model 3 performance dual motor (not to replace the CTR but as a "fun" daily to replace my ilx). Only thing i found fun about that is the surge of power from a stop. everything else about it was soul less and boring so i didnt pull the trigger. Your experience may differ but we clearly have different meanings of what fun is.

Jwolf

I Think I'm Fast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I completely agree that pulling over is always the best option. Sometimes that's unfortunately not an option in the city and I have to do some quick back and forth with my son. I'm happy to DM you the details, I just don't want to publicly out my kid for his disability. Hope you can understand.
No need, I think we've resolved this and respect the need for confidentiality between the internet and your family as I would do the same.

Tabaresu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 PMM Civic Type R
Country flag
How is this thread 8 pages long? Lol
Congrats to the OP on your car. Who cares his reasons he is happy with his purchase, but yeah the title is a bit of a stretch lol

chattanoogaR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Stinger
Country flag
I've spoken with at least 3 people in the past week who have done just that. Seems a little myopic to think otherwise.
I know a few people that looked at a mini van before buying a type R, does that make it common place? Seems a little like an over generalization to me.

I honestly have no idea why some of the conversations on here take place.

Jwolf

I Think I'm Fast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I know a few people that looked at a mini van before buying a type R, does that make it common place? Seems a little like an over generalization to me.

Whalecum 2 teh interwebs.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag

how else am i suppose to kill some time at work ?‍♂

OP
OP
Bodhizefa

Bodhizefa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW CTR and CBP CR-V
Country flag
yeah thats where we can disagree i guess.
i at one pointed wanted a model 3 performance dual motor (not to replace the CTR but as a "fun" daily to replace my ilx). Only thing i found fun about that is the surge of power from a stop. everything else about it was soul less and boring so i didnt pull the trigger. Your experience may differ but we clearly have different meanings of what fun is.
And that's okay. I'm not trying to tell you how to have fun or compare our definitions. People are different and that's part of the beauty of it all. Now, if I was out there and loving the driving experience of a Honda Odyssey, then I think it's fair to berate me to the extreme.

I considered waiting for the Type S TLX, by the way. Really wanted to see how it drove, but I found a used Tesla that I enjoyed a lot at a decent price and decided to pounce.