Sold the R and bought an American muscle car

Jwolf

I Think I'm Fast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 86, '19 CTR, Some other stuff
Country flag
Last year a friend of mine was debating getting the new Supra or a boat....so yours doesn't seem that weird to me lol
I gotchu, CTR and Jayco Melbourne cross shop.

Jwolf

I Think I'm Fast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
No, you can't. A Jayco Melbourne only has 3 doors.
But it has 4(6?) wheels, surely that is enough of a comparison?

I will be able to make a coffee while driving, it is a win win.

Ouhei

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CW CTR
Country flag
This thread is really dumb.

Also there is ZERO reason a manual transmission should make driving your kid around any harder. You should NEVER EVER be reaching back to assist your child at a time that you would need to be doing anything with the shifter...or driving for that matter. That is incredibly unsafe whether it's 1 arm or 2. I say this with a 2 year old that I have driven around for his entire life in my CTR.

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
this is the first time i heard someone refer a tesla as a muscle car.

a clicked on thinking it was some american v8 but nope ...
Thought it was gonna be a Hellcat... nope. Muscle cars are made for straight line speed and usually can't corner for shit.

OP, enjoy the Model 3. I personally can not stand the [lack of an] interior of those things, but Model S's are pretty cool in my eyes.

Jwolf

I Think I'm Fast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
This thread is really dumb.

Also there is ZERO reason a manual transmission should make driving your kid around any harder. You should NEVER EVER be reaching back to assist your child at a time that you would need to be doing anything with the shifter...or driving for that matter. That is incredibly unsafe whether it's 1 arm or 2. I say this with a 2 year old that I have driven around for his entire life in my CTR.
Eh, commenting on it further is a waste of effort. He believes the right thing to do was to buy a model 3 so he wasn't selfish to his child, but putting his child's safety at risk because he needs two hands off the wheel to deal with his child WHILE driving is selfish in and of itself.

He claims those with special needs children should know what he means, but I have a very large experience (living with) with special needs children and what he is saying sounds like it will only make problems worse.

Everyone's situation is different, but I fail to understand his justification as anything other than unsafe and misguided.

That's the last I will say on that topic.

Byron Sexton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazdaspeed6, 2020 Civic Type R SGP #36784
Country flag
Walk a mile in someone's shoes before you judge. He knows what he has to do for his child....Lay off of it

OP
OP
Bodhizefa

Bodhizefa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW CTR and CBP CR-V
Country flag
With that title? That's bait.
Disagree wholeheartedly.
The lack of responses to questions about why the OP 'needed' a car that allowed him to use both hands whenever a random incident happened while driving to care for his kid is still super concerning. Tells me that this guy bought the car for the autopilot as in his own words -

I mentioned this in a different thread, but the primary reason I can't drive a manual any more is because my son is disabled and I need to be able to reach back and assist him in his car seat at any time no matter what. When I bought the R, I didn't have any children and it was a great fit. But rowing gears while I am needed as a parent is a pretty selfish thing to attempt and it's not something I can handle.

This guy 100% intends to use the Tesla autopilot whenever necessary to work with his kid while the car is fully driving.

That's just scary, narcissistic, and a really super concerning approach to life - as someone else said - that's a great way to get someone else's kid on the dead / disabled list.

There are enough idiots on the road as it is - but to like plan out how to increase that number and execute on it is really scary imo.
You have no idea what you're talking about. I live in the city and need a single hand to reach back and help care for my son in fairly dense traffic on occasion. It's one of a myriad of reasons I sold the R. But you're an expert on everything pertaining to me because you read a couple posts by me and wanted to extrapolate how I would be driving a car? And then you want to announce that I am somehow scary and idiotic? That's silly.

OP
OP
Bodhizefa

Bodhizefa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW CTR and CBP CR-V
Country flag
Eh, commenting on it further is a waste of effort. He believes the right thing to do was to buy a model 3 so he wasn't selfish to his child, but putting his child's safety at risk because he needs two hands off the wheel to deal with his child WHILE driving is selfish in and of itself.

He claims those with special needs children should know what he means, but I have a very large experience (living with) with special needs children and what he is saying sounds like it will only make problems worse.

Everyone's situation is different, but I fail to understand his justification as anything other than unsafe and misguided.

That's the last I will say on that topic.
I never claimed I needed two hands off the wheel. You guys are putting words in my mouth and that's your prerogative. I enjoy the hell out of the Model 3 for a variety of reasons and it also helps me with my son. Anything you think you know beyond that is purely speculation.

OP
OP
Bodhizefa

Bodhizefa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW CTR and CBP CR-V
Country flag
a turbocharged manual transmission petrol hot hatch vs an awd electric sedan?

i dont see why tesla owners would consider a ctr and vice versa as they really provide different purposes. Now it is understandable if you had to change from one to another due to things that happens in life but to cross shop? idk.

The comparison is similar to someone cross shopping a CTR and a Camry. is there someone out there that might have done it? Sure. Majority however won't though. Most potential tesla buyers will be comparing the vehicle to other sedans and not a performance hot hatch. Makes more sense for people to compare/cross shop to a sports car than an electric sedan.
They're both fun cars. That's the common link. Just sayin'.
Sponsored