• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE JANUARY 16, 2023 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER January 16, 2023, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.

SOLD: OEM Type R Wheels + Tires (1,500 mi)

Cdz3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
SOLD.

Selling a set of OEM Type R wheels and tires. Taken off the car at 1,500 mi. Daily driven - never tracked or abused. No curb rash whatsoever.

Not looking to ship at this time.

Honda Civic 10th gen SOLD: OEM Type R Wheels + Tires (1,500 mi) OEM Type R 1
Honda Civic 10th gen SOLD: OEM Type R Wheels + Tires (1,500 mi) OEM Type R 2
Honda Civic 10th gen SOLD: OEM Type R Wheels + Tires (1,500 mi) OEM Type R 3
Honda Civic 10th gen SOLD: OEM Type R Wheels + Tires (1,500 mi) OEM Type R 4
Honda Civic 10th gen SOLD: OEM Type R Wheels + Tires (1,500 mi) OEM Type R 5
Honda Civic 10th gen SOLD: OEM Type R Wheels + Tires (1,500 mi) OEM Type R 6

Last edited:

GeezR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Type R, Caterham, VW Touareg, Chevy Volt
Country flag
Is the price per wheel/tire combo, or for the whole set ($4,400 or $1,100)?

OP
OP
Cdz3

Cdz3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
All PM’s have been answered. Looking for a local buyer if possible.

18CarEnthusiast18

First Name
N/A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Country flag
Wish you were closer. People around here want like $1500+ for a set... Hell 1K for curb rash set... I have family in Dallas, but not sure I can convince them to go to Austin to pick them up. haha Good luck with sale, but if I were local these would be sold!

OP
OP
Cdz3

Cdz3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
All PM’s have been answered. Looking for a local buyer if possible.
Wish you were closer. People around here want like $1500+ for a set... Hell 1K for curb rash set... I have family in Dallas, but not sure I can convince them to go to Austin to pick them up. haha Good luck with sale, but if I were local these would be sold!
That's pretty steep! Shame you/they aren't closer. If they decide to come on down for a short weekend trip let me know haha.

CWNole95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 CW FL5 #775, '23 SGP FL5 #10771, 2005 NFR S2K
Country flag
That's pretty steep! Shame you/they aren't closer. If they decide to come on down for a short weekend trip let me know haha.
Is it? The tires are priced at $1,300 from Tirerack by themselves. I don't think a complete set for $1,500 is a bad price at all, especially one that has virtually no miles on it. Some sellers, myself included, simply think that a deal should be beneficial for BOTH parties, not just a buyer. (My opinion only.)

Good luck with your sale as you're offering your set at an excellent price IMO. Hopefully someone will offer you that at a minimum as they are certainly worth it.

Bump for the seller and again, best of luck and my apologies for my intrusion.

18CarEnthusiast18

First Name
N/A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Country flag
Is it? The tires are priced at $1,300 from Tirerack by themselves. I don't think a complete set for $1,500 is a bad price at all, especially one that has virtually no miles on it. Some sellers, myself included, simply think that a deal should be beneficial for BOTH parties, not just a buyer. (My opinion only.)

Good luck with your sale as you're offering your set at an excellent price IMO. Hopefully someone will offer you that at a minimum as they are certainly worth it.

Bump for the seller and again, best of luck and my apologies for my intrusion.
hahah Well since you are poking around and we aren't on your thread right now I will post what I sent you in privette message... I did that so that if you found somebody to lazy to search to verify prices you might get a lucky sale and steal some extra cash... The exact OEM brand new tires on Discount Tire Direct that you keep blasting as $1300 are $927 (see attached image I sent to you in message days ago). If buyer has the Discount Tire credit card they can get $80 back and 0% interest for 6 months. If people wait until their usual multi time a year sales they could add an additional $80 to the mix for a total of $160 off and 0% for 6 months... So now down to around $767 for brand new never used OEM tires and 0% interest so easy to pay for... Nobody ever pays full retail when buying something second hand and in your case slightly used, right? So the tires you keep going around saying $1300 at best is worth full blown new retail around $727 other places... Who shops just one place when buying something? I get as the seller we often times find the highest price for the item we are selling to try and get more. I am guilty of that too, but when I get called out I move on from that tactic... That being said second hand maybe if lucky $500-600 for just the tires... Now the wheels seem to sell for around $600 for just wheels or I have seen some sell just wheels listed for as high as a $1000, but most of the time $1,000 will get you wheels and tires with varying tread left.... This set has been posted for over 30 days and sat unsold at $1100 for wheels and like new tires so it can't be a steal like you keep trying to pitch or they would be snatched up in a day or so, but that hasn't been the case... (Just to be clean and endorse this listing (since we are hijacking it) if I were local I would buy these for sure as the price is the going rate.) People on your own thread have said to search and you will find threads like these all over for this price range...

OEM tires like I mentioned are pretty much worthless really unless the road is hot and dry. If it is anything other than that they suck! Also the wheels are too big and thats why there are so many sets for sale is people are going for smaller 18's as once you drive your car more than a few hundred miles you will realize when you hit a pot hole it will feel like you broke your car. You will be lucky if it is just the feeling and not a blown or bent wheel. Been there already and done that...

Edit: A sale at this price is beneficial to buyer and seller as buyer gets wheels/tires at going rate and seller gets cash to put towards payments, parts, or whatever else they want. I think last we talked you sold your set for $1600 congrats you did what most people around here like myself can't do and thats find somebody willing to over pay for something.

Anyway rant over for the day. Have a good weekend all and OP good luck with sale. If they don't sell soon I might try to work something out with family to pick them up or see about shipping if you become willing to discuss. As even if I get family to pick them up I will likely ship them here to NC...

Honda Civic 10th gen SOLD: OEM Type R Wheels + Tires (1,500 mi) Type R Tires

Honda Civic 10th gen SOLD: OEM Type R Wheels + Tires (1,500 mi)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Cdz3

Cdz3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
I think we all can agree OEM wheel and tire combo prices definitely vary significantly depending on time of year, level of wear, etc etc. This particular set has been very lightly used.

If I wanted to ship they would have been sold several times over. Not sure if this is helpful or not to everyone in their research.

Regardless, I appreciate everyone's interest. Still looking for local sale if possible!