Sold my Si

alexrawdriguez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si sedan
Country flag
Hey everyone, I did not talk often here but I figured I would share in case anyone is thinking of parting ways with their Si. I honestly had thoughts of selling my SI rather quickly probably a little over a year after purchase. (Ended up keeping it for 2 years) It was a great daily but I want a larger vehicle(I have a 2 year old and might soon have another over the next year or 2) so I decided I wanted an SUV. I will miss having a manual sporty car but to be honest I never was fully in awe of this Si I think I just prefer the older Hondas and may just eventually build a project on the side.

Anyways, I got an appraisal with Carvana and they offered me a little over 4k more then I owed on the SI. I jumped on it and took the offer. The experience was very smooth especially considering everything going on with Covid I never had to leave my house they came to me did the inspection, test drove the car and I just had to sign away docs and a few hours later a tow truck was at my house picking up my SI. If anyone is having thoughts of selling I highly suggest giving Carvana a shot I was very happy with the entire process.
Sponsored

BrokenLimits

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
Good to know. I have a 1-year-old, but my wife has a 4Runner. Usually if we go anywhere for longer periods of time we take it. I totally understand the need for more space! What SUV did you go with?

Also, I spy an EM1! I had one as well.

VarmintCong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST Line X (sold 2020 Si sedan)
Country flag
Hey everyone, I did not talk often here but I figured I would share in case anyone is thinking of parting ways with their Si. I honestly had thoughts of selling my SI rather quickly probably a little over a year after purchase. (Ended up keeping it for 2 years) It was a great daily but I want a larger vehicle(I have a 2 year old and might soon have another over the next year or 2) so I decided I wanted an SUV. I will miss having a manual sporty car but to be honest I never was fully in awe of this Si I think I just prefer the older Hondas and may just eventually build a project on the side.

Anyways, I got an appraisal with Carvana and they offered me a little over 4k more then I owed on the SI. I jumped on it and took the offer. The experience was very smooth especially considering everything going on with Covid I never had to leave my house they came to me did the inspection, test drove the car and I just had to sign away docs and a few hours later a tow truck was at my house picking up my SI. If anyone is having thoughts of selling I highly suggest giving Carvana a shot I was very happy with the entire process.
Have the second kid, and soon, so they're closer in age. It's funny you need the most space when they're babies and you're carrying around all kids of crap, portable crib, stroller, potty, diaper bag, bouncy chair etc. you need much less space when they're all out of diapers.

An SUV is certainly easier putting them in car seats etc, we always have one SUV and one fun commuter.

OP
OP

alexrawdriguez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si sedan
Country flag
Used car prices are insane right now. Dealers on Reddit's /r/askcarsales report that wholesale auction prices are higher than retail prices were even 2-3 months ago. If you've got a few cars and want to downsize the garage, there has literally never been a better time.

The corollary is you cannot trade in your car and make money. You can sell your car and make a shit ton of extra money, but now what are you going to drive? Used car prices are sky high, remember?
My next Vehicle will be new not used. I work from home so my travel needs are very minimal at the moment so I will use my SO corolla until I find the SUV that I want.

Last edited:
OP
OP

alexrawdriguez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si sedan
Country flag
Have the second kid, and soon, so they're closer in age. It's funny you need the most space when they're babies and you're carrying around all kids of crap, portable crib, stroller, potty, diaper bag, bouncy chair etc. you need much less space when they're all out of diapers.

An SUV is certainly easier putting them in car seats etc, we always have one SUV and one fun commuter.
Im sure I could have very well fit two in the Civic but the comfort of a SUV and the drives up to disney are going to be so much more comfortable lol. I will eventually pick up an older project eventually to kill that itch when it comes around.

OP
OP

alexrawdriguez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si sedan
Country flag
Good to know. I have a 1-year-old, but my wife has a 4Runner. Usually if we go anywhere for longer periods of time we take it. I totally understand the need for more space! What SUV did you go with?

Also, I spy an EM1! I had one as well.
4Runner is a great vehicle I almost pulled the trigger one on recently. I still have not purchased to be honest I am still trying to make up my mind. I work from home at the moment so my needs for travel are very limited and I will be using my SO corolla in the meantime until I find the SUV I want.

I miss my EM1! I honestly wish I would have kept it now lol. Maybe for the potential future project ill consider an EM1, Teggy or eg hatch.
Sponsored