• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE JANUARY 16, 2023 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER January 16, 2023, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.

Sold: Ground Control Coilover Kit w/ Modified Dampers for Si

Status
Not open for further replies.

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
For sale, Ground Control Coilover Kit with Modified Dampers for the 2017+ Si.

The kit includes the Ground Control Coilover Conversion Kit (MSRP $799.99) and a set of OEM front dampers (MSRP $1,187.00, lol @ OEM Honda prices) that have had the spring perches carefully trimmed off, so that maximum negative camber can be achieved. This setup is easily good for 3 or more degrees of negative camber.

Spring Rates (recommend by Ground Control): 425 lbs/in (front) / 350 lbs/in (rear)

Other perks:
  • Because this system is built around the factory dampers, you maintain the electronic firmness control
  • No "ADS" error
  • Full adjustability of ride height
  • Able to be corner balanced
  • Offers go-cart like handling, turns your Si into a precision weapon!
  • All of the hard work has already been done! (several hours of blood, sweat, and tears!)
The bad:
  • Ground Control advertises a maximum drop of 1.75", but if you drop it that low you are going to have issues with the dampers bottoming out, due to reduced travel because of the camber plates
  • NVH is often present. It's not unusual to sacrifice noise and comfort in the name of performance, but noise is to be expected with this setup.
  • The ride is somewhat stiff for the street, another compromise in the name of performance.
I am selling this kit because at the end of the day this car is my daily driver and I feel I need to maintain a certain level of comfort for my family. Unfortunately I do not make it to the track (or autocross course) often enough to justify a setup like this.

Honda Civic 10th gen Sold: Ground Control Coilover Kit w/ Modified Dampers for Si IMG_0065.JPEG
Honda Civic 10th gen Sold: Ground Control Coilover Kit w/ Modified Dampers for Si IMG_0067.JPEG
Honda Civic 10th gen Sold: Ground Control Coilover Kit w/ Modified Dampers for Si IMG_0071.JPEG
Honda Civic 10th gen Sold: Ground Control Coilover Kit w/ Modified Dampers for Si IMG_0072.JPEG
Honda Civic 10th gen Sold: Ground Control Coilover Kit w/ Modified Dampers for Si IMG_0066.JPEG
Honda Civic 10th gen Sold: Ground Control Coilover Kit w/ Modified Dampers for Si IMG_0068.JPEG
Honda Civic 10th gen Sold: Ground Control Coilover Kit w/ Modified Dampers for Si IMG_0069.JPEG
Honda Civic 10th gen Sold: Ground Control Coilover Kit w/ Modified Dampers for Si IMG_0070.JPEG

The price for all of the above: $799.99

Please PM if interested, thanks.

incutebus

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FR-S, 21 Mk5 3.0 Supra, Lexus F-Sport
Country flag
Have you considered going a less stiff springrate? I'm still on the edge about that, or you just gonna wait for a new coil?

OP
OP
360glitch

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Have you considered going a less stiff springrate? I'm still on the edge about that, or you just gonna wait for a new coil?
I did consider that but in the end went to a simple Eibach Pro Kit setup with a fresh pair of OEM front dampers. No comparison in performance, but it's fine for a daily.

mkawa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FIat 500 abarth, NB2 '02 miata
how many miles on the dampers at those springrates? what tires did you run with these on the car? last time i chatted with donovan, he said that > 400lbs would kill the OE dampers pretty quickly (guesstimated 15-20k).

fortune auto is coming out with something soon that should be slightly above this price range as a 500 series ( > 2x for the more track ready 510), but you have to buy their EDFC system to retain anything like the OEM ADS (or get out of the car to turn little knobs every few minutes..)

bigcdog

First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Is this still for sale? And what are the factory Si spring rates? Is there a way to adjust the spring rates on these since mkawa is saying these rates will wear out the dampers? And is there any chance you would sell the coils without the dampers for less?

OP
OP
360glitch

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
how many miles on the dampers at those springrates? what tires did you run with these on the car? last time i chatted with donovan, he said that > 400lbs would kill the OE dampers pretty quickly (guesstimated 15-20k).

fortune auto is coming out with something soon that should be slightly above this price range as a 500 series ( > 2x for the more track ready 510), but you have to buy their EDFC system to retain anything like the OEM ADS (or get out of the car to turn little knobs every few minutes..)
I apologize for missing this when you initially responded. I’d say maybe 2000 miles, just an estimate. These are the spring rates that Donavan recommended to me for a mostly street application. Firestone Firehawk tires.

Is this still for sale? And what are the factory Si spring rates? Is there a way to adjust the spring rates on these since mkawa is saying these rates will wear out the dampers? And is there any chance you would sell the coils without the dampers for less?
Still for sale, yes. I do not have the factory rates on hand, they are progressive springs so you would be comparing apples to oranges anyways. GC says they’re 20% more stiff than the factory Si setup. The only way to adjust the spring rates is to swap the springs themselves out. They are interchangeable and available separately. I’d prefer to not part it out. Thanks

OP
OP
360glitch

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Bump!

bigcdog

First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I apologize for missing this when you initially responded. I’d say maybe 2000 miles, just an estimate. These are the spring rates that Donavan recommended to me for a mostly street application. Firestone Firehawk tires.

Still for sale, yes. I do not have the factory rates on hand, they are progressive springs so you would be comparing apples to oranges anyways. GC says they’re 20% more stiff than the factory Si setup. The only way to adjust the spring rates is to swap the springs themselves out. They are interchangeable and available separately. I’d prefer to not part it out. Thanks
I’m definitely interested in these but I don’t need the modified dampers since I’m going to be using the camber plates and purchasing camber arms to take some camber back out and put everything closer to zero on the whole setup. I know you don’t want to part it out but I figured I’d let you know anyway in case you change your mind. Thanks!

OP
OP
360glitch

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I’m definitely interested in these but I don’t need the modified dampers since I’m going to be using the camber plates and purchasing camber arms to take some camber back out and put everything closer to zero on the whole setup. I know you don’t want to part it out but I figured I’d let you know anyway in case you change your mind. Thanks!
Feel free to PM me an offer. Thanks
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.