• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE JANUARY 16, 2023 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER January 16, 2023, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.

SOLD: FK8 Turbo Assembly - brand new/never installed

VTECnR

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Civic Type R
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen SOLD: FK8 Turbo Assembly - brand new/never installed 14kxw9k

Honda Civic 10th gen SOLD: FK8 Turbo Assembly - brand new/never installed vnmh6s

Honda Civic 10th gen SOLD: FK8 Turbo Assembly - brand new/never installed 288zdj8

Honda Civic 10th gen SOLD: FK8 Turbo Assembly - brand new/never installed 2co67tu

Honda Civic 10th gen SOLD: FK8 Turbo Assembly - brand new/never installed av4wph

Honda Civic 10th gen SOLD: FK8 Turbo Assembly - brand new/never installed 1zeghdx

I've got a brand new Type R turbo assembly for sale. I bought it this week from my local Honda dealer to gain access to the wastegate actuator motor (Honda doesn't sell them separately) because mine failed and they couldn't cover it under warranty. I can provide the purchase receipt if required and have about $1,500 in it... gaskets included. You'll need to swap over your existing actuator motor, which is simple - 4 screws.

I need to recover what I can so no reasonable offer will be turned down. Can ship in the OEM box it arrived in, no problem.

Many thanks,
Steve

.grimace

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda CTR, 2022 Range Rover , 1990 CRX SI
Country flag
Out of curiousity why wouldn’t they cover it under warranty? Car heavily modified?

OP
OP
VTECnR

VTECnR

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Civic Type R
Country flag
Out of curiousity why wouldn’t they cover it under warranty? Car heavily modified?
No, not heavily moded at all... every mod it has can be seen in the below pic. To the dealer's credit, they worked hard to get it covered for me but Honda actually flew in a "field engineer" who took a look and denied coverage based on the turbo blanket. Honda's feelings were that the installed blanket showed that the turbo's wastegate actuator arm must have been removed to complete installation, and based upon this, they denied warranty of the failed actuator motor.

Honda Civic 10th gen SOLD: FK8 Turbo Assembly - brand new/never installed 2n8whtv

.grimace

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda CTR, 2022 Range Rover , 1990 CRX SI
Country flag
No, not heavily moded at all... every mod it has can be seen in the below pic. To the dealer's credit, they worked hard to get it covered for me but Honda actually flew in a "field engineer" who took a look and denied coverage based on the turbo blanket. Honda's feelings were that the installed blanket showed that the turbo's wastegate actuator arm must have been removed to complete installation, and based upon this, they denied warranty of the failed actuator motor.

2n8whtv.jpg
Thank you for that, I’ve been curious how some mods would be received.

sheldon

First Name
sheldon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk8
Country flag
14kxw9k.jpg

vnmh6s.jpg

288zdj8.jpg

2co67tu.jpg

av4wph.jpg

1zeghdx.jpg

I've got a brand new Type R turbo assembly for sale. I bought it this week from my local Honda dealer to gain access to the wastegate actuator motor (Honda doesn't sell them separately) because mine failed and they couldn't cover it under warranty. I can provide the purchase receipt if required and have about $1,500 in it... gaskets included. You'll need to swap over your existing actuator motor, which is simple - 4 screws.

I need to recover what I can so no reasonable offer will be turned down. Can ship in the OEM box it arrived in, no problem.

Many thanks,
Steve

2n8whtv.jpg

By chance was it the wastegate actuator that was causing excessive rattling noises? If so did changing it out resolve it? Thanks in advance goodluck on the sale.

OP
OP
VTECnR

VTECnR

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Civic Type R
Country flag
By chance was it the wastegate actuator that was causing excessive rattling noises? If so did changing it out resolve it? Thanks in advance goodluck on the sale.
That's the 2nd time you've asked me about excessive rattling noises and I have no idea what you're talking about. Might you have me can fused with somebody else?

sheldon

First Name
sheldon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk8
Country flag
I don't recall talking to you before but in the event that i did this is what Im talking about

OP
OP
VTECnR

VTECnR

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Civic Type R
Country flag
I don't recall talking to you before but in the event that i did this is what Im talking about
My apologies. It was someone else asking me about excessive rattling noises as well. I have none, have never had any.

idragmazda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk8
Country flag
Sorry to hear this unfortunate situation man. The guy above asking about the rattling is talking about a common problem on the Rs - when you are driving and let off gas while in gear you get a key jingling sound (with windows down you can hear it). A lot of ppl have speculated it was the wastegate actuator causing the issue but no one has changed it so no one knows definitively, hence why he asked you.

Anyway, if you can’t sell it and you want to experiment, maybe it would be fun to port and modify this existing turbo set up to see what it could be capable of power wise!

Good luck with sale

lawl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 ABM type r
Country flag

2n8whtv.jpg
God that pisses me off so much. How much did they pay to have that guy fly in, per diem, salary, etc, and how much would it have cost them to just fix the damn thing?

EnjoyDriving

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW FK8
Country flag
wow, claim got denied becoz of a turbo blanket? ppl have saying they cant deny it unless they can prove the culprit on the modded parts? that wont apply here?

2n8whtv.jpg
Sponsored