Software updates - Free from dealership?

looopson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 EX-T
I just bought a Honda Civic EX and noted the update involving the turbo surging between 45-70MPH.

Can I bring my vehicle in to any Honda dealership for these software updates? Is there a charge for this or is Honda obligated to cover them under warranty?

I would be interested in bringing my car into the dealership periodically to keep it up-to-date on any issues that have been coming up that they have addressed.

Thanks for your help!
Sponsored

Ash2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CIVIC 2016 Touring
I just bought a Honda Civic EX and noted the update involving the turbo surging between 45-70MPH.

Can I bring my vehicle in to any Honda dealership for these software updates? Is there a charge for this or is Honda obligated to cover them under warranty?

I would be interested in bringing my car into the dealership periodically to keep it up-to-date on any issues that have been coming up that they have addressed.

Thanks for your help!
All the recalls and software update are free for life. So don't worry and i bet lots of update are going to come for our civic.

Ikabob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Accord Touring
Country flag
All the recalls and software update are free for life. So don't worry and i bet lots of update are going to come for our civic.
How do we find out if there is an update or not? My last and only software update was for the infotainment volume (or lack of) issue. Are there any more recent ones? Thanks

Ash2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CIVIC 2016 Touring
How do we find out if there is an update or not? My last and only software update was for the infotainment volume (or lack of) issue. Are there any more recent ones? Thanks
You can always check on honda recall website by putting your car vin number in. There is new update for surging issue on turbo models only which is getting released in US today. Still waiting for the Canadian touring surging software update.

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag

Thanks for your help!
The update isn't for the ex. It's for ext and up 1.5l turbo

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Sedan Touring, '18 CR-V Touring AWD
Country flag
You can always check on honda recall website by putting your car vin number in.
I don't know about Canada, but the US owners.honda.com Recall website just shows safety Recalls accepted by NHTSA. It does not show updates/TSBs.

Soma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Aegean Blue Civic Touring
You may receive letters from Honda in the mail about software updates. I received one about the infotainment software update.

10genderek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
pcm updates are covered under factory warranty for 8 years or 80k miles whichever comes first, but like i-mid, infotainment, tcm, hfl updates are all 3/36k

OP
OP

looopson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 EX-T
Correction to my post: I do own an EX-T so the turbo surge would apply to my vehicle.

I guess I could just call the dealership and ask them about it. I had no idea about an infotainment volume issue. Maybe it's just best to periodically swing it by and ask them to update? I can't imagine these can take very long to accomplish?

Thanks!

sparks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag
Glad to hear the updates will be free...woke up with a strange "Parking Break Error" when I started the car. I've never used the parking break. Once I started driving the message never came back.

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I had no idea about an infotainment volume issue.
The only one that has a fix is for hardware, the power amplifier, unique to the Touring trim.

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Prelude Si
Country flag
Glad to hear the updates will be free...woke up with a strange "Parking Break Error" when I started the car. I've never used the parking break. Once I started driving the message never came back.
So it actually states that when you used the parking BRAKE, the display said it was "Parking Break Error"? So the parking brake is broken and the computer knows it? Or is it just one of the typical glitches? Maybe they programmed the message wrong, it should have said BRAKE and not BREAK?? You'd think they'd spell check that before programming it!

sparks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag
So it actually states that when you used the parking BRAKE, the display said it was "Parking Break Error"? So the parking brake is broken and the computer knows it? Or is it just one of the typical glitches? Maybe they programmed the message wrong, it should have said BRAKE and not BREAK?? You'd think they'd spell check that before programming it!
Seems like a glitch. I've been pretty lucky so far *knock on wood* compared to some others here in terms of glitches so this was strange.

The break vs. brake is my error, should have been "brake." Doh!

threefity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
I don't see any information on the owners.honda.com website regarding a software update for my 1.5L EX-T after inputing my VIN.

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I don't see any information on the owners.honda.com website regarding a software update for my 1.5L EX-T after inputing my VIN.
It's not a Recall. A Recall is a specific action for safety issues, not drivability or customer satisfaction, that is defined and regulated by law. That site shows only recalls.
Sponsored