KevinT0717

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Championship White Civic Type R
Country flag
Hello! Just got my new CTR, and noticed that the footwells seem very soft? Almost like there is nothing underneath.

Has anyone with miles on theirs noticed and significant sagging? I'll try to step lightly entering the car but I'm worried about long-term.
Sponsored

MisterC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Neon SRT4, 2014 Hyundai Elantra, 2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
My heel has dug a hole in the carpet but it doesn't seem saggy as far as the floor goes after 65k.

MstrSHAKE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CW CTR
Country flag
Hello! Just got my new CTR, and noticed that the footwells seem very soft? Almost like there is nothing underneath.

Has anyone with miles on theirs noticed and significant sagging? I'll try to step lightly entering the car but I'm worried about long-term.
yes the bottom left side of the footwell is soft. Almost like nothing is there. Super awkward and never seen that in any other car before.

OP
OP
KevinT0717

KevinT0717

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Championship White Civic Type R
Country flag
yes the bottom left side of the footwell is soft. Almost like nothing is there. Super awkward and never seen that in any other car before.
Only thing I can think of is either weight savings, or keeping the Center of Gravity low. I can't seem to find much, but it looks like its common across the Civic X's

Over9000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R
Country flag
When I fitted the clips for the car mats. With the outer clips (door side) the carpet was touching the floor. With the inner ones there was a good cm or two gap between the carpet and the floor. The inner clips were much easier to fit, as you have to split the carpet and feed the clip in between the layers.

Learn2turn

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Toyota Longbed PU, '95 (Drift Toy) Miata, '05 Tuned Gran Prix White S2000, '19 Championship White C-Type R
Country flag
When I fitted the clips for the car mats. With the outer clips (door side) the carpet was touching the floor. With the inner ones there was a good cm or two gap between the carpet and the floor. The inner clips were much easier to fit, as you have to split the carpet and feed the clip in between the layers.
Ahhh
The carpet is "suspended" and that is why if feels "soft" and also why it is easy to dig a hole in it with your heel.
Sponsored