So yesterday was a sad day

TheDavey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
So I don't know if anyone else has had this sad experience. But didn't know if their cars were considered a total loss or not. Haven't even had her a year yet. Thankfully the girlfriend who was driving was okay. But I don't know if they can make this thing new again for a reasonable cost. Curious if anyone else has had a bad day and how it turned out for you.

Honda Civic 10th gen So yesterday was a sad day IMG_1659.JPG Honda Civic 10th gen So yesterday was a sad day IMG_1664.JPG

OP
OP

TheDavey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
How'd it happen? Hope everyone is ok!
Girlfriend took it to work. Drives due east to get there. Sun blinded her and she didn't see a light with a quick yellow go from green to red doing 45mph before it was too late. A chevy 2500 started making its turn and she slammed into his front wheel. Knocked it clean off its axle. And everyone was fine. She has minor injuries and is sore. But she didn't get anything serious. Cars can be replaced she can't.

spock_here

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
subaru
Looks totaled, yeah I would call it a bad day for your car but a good day for the friend.

xjoshuax89

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 CR-V SE, '16 Civic EX, '17 Civic HB ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hm... Some frame damage and looks like air bags deployed.. Probably a total loss. At least she's relatively alright. Make sure she still feels okay a few days later. Sometimes the injuries pop up days after the accident.

Priceless_Civic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback ST 2007 Silverado 2500HD
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Glad everyone involved could walk away. Cars are replaceable but it sure does put a kink in life when "life" happens. If it was me, I'd be trying to take off small parts here and there before the insurance takes it away lol But on a serious note, Hope your Girlfriend is doing ok!

Swordfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag
Sorry to hear. Looks like your airbags got deployed so there's a high likelihood it will be totaled. Glad to hear everyone is alright, just roll it up and get the same thing but a 2017 :headbang:

bembol

SHIFT_
First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK7 Sport Touring, 20 Audi Q3 Progressiv
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Glad to hear she's okay.

I had a few "bad days" the beauty of working in Brampton. That was almost 10 years ago but what I really hate about accidents is that the victim, wasn't at fault is that we get screwed twice especially when it isn't considered totaled.

The value goes down, so years later I get screwed on the trade-in. I get that selling privately but that's besides the point.

OP will you get another CIVICX? Changes in model, trim, etc.?

LoveToDrive

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 LX MT, 2015 Si (RIP)
I am so sorry to hear about this. Same damage happened to me, and it was totaled. The airbag gave me a burn. I had not had it a year either. I was a mental wreck for the next few days. Take good care of your girlfriend. Accidents like this can be extremely traumatic.

ShuJam

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Touring Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Glad to hear everyone is OK.

My sister totaled her '14 Civic sedan a year ago. She was hit head on, spun her car 180 degrees, and she ended up 4 car lengths from where she was. She walked away from the accident with just some very minor whiplash. She bought a '16 Civic sedan to replace it.

All those people who say Hondas have no structural integrity, especially a Civic, because they are so light and compact, don't know what they are talking about. That "structural integrity" may have saved my sister's life, if not prevented her from having any serious injuries.

jayzon831

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic hatchback sport cvt, 2003 Acura RSX (totaled)
Country flag
Definitely looks like your insurance is going to consider it a total loss. You should get a good payment out of it though. Just remember to salvage as much as you can before they take it. lol

pwschuh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX 6-speed
Country flag
I'm guessing that that is not totaled. What did the insurance company decide?
Sponsored