SO - What's the single WORST feature of your Civicx?

ulieq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport Coupe 2019
Country flag
Thank god my 2019 sport has physical air speed toggle and not the digital in my 19 crv!
Sponsored

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag
My BIGGEST complaint by a wide margin is the rattles and buzzes when cruising. Just speaks to poor fitment of interior panels. Everything else about my car I love!
The interesting point is why some civicx have "poor fitment" and some don't.
I haven't heard a single rattle or buzz.

firebirdfreak88gta

Yes, I'm a Car Freak
First Name
Bethany
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Tiny. Stinking. GAS TANK! Seriously. Love the 40-ish MPG, but a 12.6 gallon tank?? BIG difference from my Accord. LOVE everything else about the car, but that.

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Tiny. Stinking. GAS TANK! Seriously. Love the 40-ish MPG, but a 12.6 gallon tank?? BIG difference from my Accord. LOVE everything else about the car, but that.
2018 hatchback specs say 12.39 gallon... And this also refers to Type R, which has a lower gas mileage.

There are vehicles out there which can drive noticeably more miles on a tankful of fuel, but I never owned one of them, so for me it's normal.

With much larger fuel tank, those who only make several kmiles a year would only need to fill up once a month and might drive on unfresh gas.

firebirdfreak88gta

Yes, I'm a Car Freak
First Name
Bethany
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
2018 hatchback specs say 12.39 gallon... And this also refers to Type R, which has a lower gas mileage.

There are vehicles out there which can drive noticeably more miles on a tankful of fuel, but I never owned one of them, so for me it's normal.

With much larger fuel tank, those who only make several kmiles a year would only need to fill up once a month and might drive on unfresh gas.
Yeah, I'm coming off a '14 Accord with a bigger tank, so it's new to me. And I love driving my Si coupe, so I drive the heck out of it... :lol:

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yeah, I'm coming off a '14 Accord with a bigger tank, so it's new to me. And I love driving my Si coupe, so I drive the heck out of it... :lol:
Well, I had cars with bigger tanks, but none of them could drive more miles on a full tank. Mazda minivan had 18.5 gal, but only would go over 20 mpg on freeway long trips... so in fact it needed refueling more often both in the city and on long trips. 2009 Honda CR-V has 15.3 gal and doesn't drive any longer on this tank. Little 1.6L Protege I once had only made 105 hp and had a 13.2 gal tank which didn't last for any more miles than the civic, and so on. What I'm saying is the civic mileage on a tank of fuel is at worst average.
But indeed a 2014 Accord with over 17 gal tank is rather an exception and combined with good gas mileage actually could save some gas station stops...

BriteBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX-L
Country flag
I think one reason for a small tank is that if the car carries less fuel then it will be lighter, which affects gas mileage. Just like leaving out the spare tire on some cars. A gallon of gas weighs about 6lbs. If they reduce the tank size by 5 gallons they have the potential to save about 30lbs on a full tank.

Axatax

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
In Malkuth, surrounded by evil, low on gas.
Vehicle(s)
2K Civic DX Coupe B18C5 (swap), 2017 Civic LX Coupe 6MT
Country flag
My complaints (or nit picks) with my coupe:

1. The size of the doors make it difficult to get in/out of without scuffing the door cards if you park in a garage.

2. Not enough USB and lighter sockets. They should have these at every seat, and the 12V sockets should be at least 20A, even in the back and in the trunk.

3. I think dash cams should be a standard feature now on all cars.

4. LED lighting throughout.

That's about it.

Mae22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatch Sport Touring Aegean Blue Metallic
Country flag
My last car had a 15.8 gallon gas tank, so the 12.4 gallon in my Civic is sad, especially since I drive about 2500 miles/month. Even with the good gas mileage (my 15.8 gal car got similar mileage), I stop for gas a LOT. Otherwise, I absolutely love my car.

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
Country flag
Well how bout that....it's there Thanks
Yeah, I found it totally by accident. Yet another drawback of putting every possible control into one multifunction display.

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
Country flag
The interesting point is why some civicx have "poor fitment" and some don't.
I haven't heard a single rattle or buzz.
The most curious buzz I have is the right side tweeter vibrates on certain road surfaces in my area. And because it's a tweeter -- a loudspeaker, really -- it sounds like random static when it happens. We found out that it's the mounting that's an issue when my wife pushed on it and it immediately stopped.

I've also got a little buzz in the headliner, I think (seems like it's near the map lights) and the center speaker rattle at certain temps.

I've explained to my wife that I don't like these random noises because I don't want to mistake them for actual mechanical problems the car might develop.

firebirdfreak88gta

Yes, I'm a Car Freak
First Name
Bethany
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

1. The size of the doors make it difficult to get in/out of without scuffing the door cards if you park in a garage.
Try having a Trans Am... their doors are MASSIVE! :rofl:

firebirdfreak88gta

Yes, I'm a Car Freak
First Name
Bethany
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

This is my car.. you think YOUR doors and wingspan suck.... check these puppies out. Love driving them, but hate the doors. The hinges usually have to be replaced because they're so long and heavy.

Honda Civic 10th gen SO - What's the single WORST feature of your Civicx? 11836901_1048752035158564_4694156335144481317_n
Sponsored