SO - What's the single WORST feature of your Civicx?

MuffinMcFluffin

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Honda Civic EX, 2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
2019 Honda Civic Si Sedan here.

- Some headunit features not available when car is on. Don't know why it lets me control certain things that require to read the screen, but then not others... but oh well.

- Droning around 3500 RPM.

- The fuel door once didn't open when I was pushing in on it. I was afraid I wasn't ever going to be able to get gas again. Don't know what finally made it start working, but oh well.

- Doesn't nearly have the turning capabilities (degree-wise) that my '99 Civic EX had.

- Electronic parking brake, combined with hill assist. The two together nearly made me roll into the car parked in front of me while facing downhill and trying to reverse out. Maybe I should try the brake hold feature in conjunction with all of that.

- It's a noisy, bumpy ride. It's smooth if the road is smooth, but the car will feel even the tiniest of unevenness.

- The headrest feels like it's supposed to be somebody who is only 5 feet tall.

- Dipshit dipstick.

- Radio turns off when car turns off.

- Rev hang (though I will address that with a KTuner someday).

- Bluetooth drops my phone constantly.

- No pause button when playing music through USB, that I can find at least.

- Fake vents.

I probably have more, but I love the car enough that many of these things aren't really hassle-worthy on a daily basis. Just things I have noticed that maybe I wasn't used to in my older vehicle.
Sponsored

Last edited:

tsupersonic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Hatchback EX-L, '17 Forester XT
Country flag
Aux cord? Really? How old are you? All smartphones currently phones don’t have an aux port on them. If it has WiFi it has Bluetooth on it so you can hook it up wirelessly and have better quality music.
There are still current flagship smartphones with headphone jacks (just not apple because they have courage lmao). You'll also have much better audio quality through headphone jack (aux) vs. Bluetooth.

pjw7454

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic couple ex-L
There are still current flagship smartphones with headphone jacks (just not apple because they have courage lmao). You'll also have much better audio quality through headphone jack (aux) vs. Bluetooth.
And just plug the charger in and you can get auto play. Voila.

Lukifer

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Aux cord? Really? How old are you? All smartphones currently phones don’t have an aux port on them. If it has WiFi it has Bluetooth on it so you can hook it up wirelessly and have better quality music.
I have a Galaxy Note 8 and it has a headphone jack / aux output

You'll also have much better audio quality through headphone jack (aux) vs. Bluetooth.
+1

BlueLdr

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX Sedan (ABM)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Like the others said, wired audio will be much higher quality than Bluetooth, and there is still a decent number of flagships with headphone jacks.
And, get ready, you might not be able to handle this one: CDs have better audio quality than the shit you download from iTunes. :eek:

Aurelleah

First Name
Aurelleah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX in Modern Steel
Country flag

- Some headunit features not available when car is on. Don't know why it lets me control certain things that require to read the screen, but then not others... but oh well.

- Droning around 3500 RPM.

- The fuel door once didn't open when I was pushing in on it. I was afraid I wasn't ever going to be able to get gas again. Don't know what finally made it start working, but oh well.

- Doesn't nearly have the turning capabilities (degree-wise) that my '99 Civic EX had.

- Electronic parking brake, combined with hill assist. The two together nearly made me roll into the car parked in front of me while facing downhill and trying to reverse out. Maybe I should try the brake hold feature in conjunction with all of that.

- It's a noisy, bumpy ride. It's smooth if the road is smooth, but the car will feel even the tiniest of unevenness.

- The headrest feels like it's supposed to be somebody who is only 5 feet tall.

- Dipshit dipstick.

- Radio turns off when car turns off.

- Rev hang (though I will address that with a KTuner someday).

- Bluetooth drops my phone constantly.

- No pause button when playing music through USB, that I can find at least.

- Fake vents.

I probably have more, but I love the car enough that many of these things aren't really hassle-worthy on a daily basis. Just things I have noticed that maybe I wasn't used to in my older vehicle.
Headrest isn't there to rest your head on. Just to help prevent whiplash. The manual indicates how it should be set up, but yeah it's just there to absorb shock from being rear-ended

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag

• By law, some headunit functions are disabled while the vehicle is in motion and/or the parking brake is removed.
  • Fuel door locks if the vehicle is locked.
  • Definitely use the brake hold in that above scenario.

inc0gnito

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
  • Lack of options for U.S. market compared to other markets (headlamp washers, auto-folding mirrors, etc)
  • Lack of a sunglass visor -_-
  • Having to go into a menu just to adjust a fan speed

Gagerr

Energy green ;)
First Name
Gage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My Civic lacks the smoothness when shifting to second. Oh. Volume knob. Oh. Stock clutch is garbage. Other than that, awesome car. Besides all those fake honeycomb vents on the exterior. And for some reason my Civic is missing the type-r badges?

Electronic e-break gets it's very own paragraph

PhilF

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CRV EX-L Platinum White Pearl/Ivory, 2020 CRV EX-L Crystal Black Pearl/Grey
Country flag
Having recently gone from a 2016 EX-L Coupe to a 2019 Touring Coupe, just a couple of nits to pick:

Should have upgraded the Infotainment to the same as the Accord, appreciate the volume knob though.
Leather seats could use a bit more padding.
Loose the LaneWatch, and given us blind spot detection
Understand why no power seats in Coupe, but would have liked to have them.

I do really like my new Touring ....

VarmintCong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST Line X (sold 2020 Si sedan)
Country flag
Worst feature - see my thread about 6MT that rolls when parked in gear.

2nd worst feature - the 1A USB port. Why? I was 3 hrs from home while working, and got into the car with my iPhone at 4%. I plug it in, turn on Waze, and the phone dies. It charges for about a minute, then turns itself on again, stays on for 10 seconds and shuts down again. This repeats forver. There wasn't enough time to try to power it off or do anything, this continued the entire way home. I since bought a cigarette port USB adapter for this situation, lol.

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
Worst feature - see my thread about 6MT that rolls when parked in gear.

2nd worst feature - the 1A USB port. Why? I was 3 hrs from home while working, and got into the car with my iPhone at 4%. I plug it in, turn on Waze, and the phone dies. It charges for about a minute, then turns itself on again, stays on for 10 seconds and shuts down again. This repeats forver. There wasn't enough time to try to power it off or do anything, this continued the entire way home. I since bought a cigarette port USB adapter for this situation, lol.

Ditto -- so did I :(
Sponsored