SO - What's the single WORST feature of your Civicx?

Moopy62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic sport hatchback
Country flag
In general I love my 2018 Sport HB MT . Everyday I get in it I just enjoy driving but the one thing nagging the hell out of me is it's completely worthless stock radio (I could not get upgrade head unit because in the USA a Sport HB with manual only comes with the bare minimum). Took it into the dealer yesterday and they just confirmed what I suspected was the case - it is a functional nightmare - nothing can be done. I even offered to pay for the upgraded unit. Their response was "Can't be done". Looked at aftermarket head units and consulted with some experts - no adaptor harness and most likely some integrated functionality will be lost (e.g. camera, etc)

So just for fun I thought I would ask - Whats YOUR biggest beef?
Sponsored

b20_hatch

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 civic hatch 18 civic hatch
In general I love my 2018 Sport HB MT . Everyday I get in it I just enjoy driving but the one thing nagging the hell out of me is it's completely worthless stock radio (I could not get upgrade head unit because in the USA a Sport HB with manual only comes with the bare minimum). Took it into the dealer yesterday and they just confirmed what I suspected was the case - it is a functional nightmare - nothing can be done. I even offered to pay for the upgraded unit. Their response was "Can't be done". Looked at aftermarket head units and consulted with some experts - no adaptor harness and most likely some integrated functionality will be lost (e.g. camera, etc)

So just for fun I thought I would ask - Whats YOUR biggest beef?
Try the android radio, it’s called phoniex radio or something. I have a 6mt sport, one thing I hate is the electronic ebrake. I prefer a normal e brake

Last edited:

Charley-TX

First Name
Charley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T
Country flag
No HUD- heads-up-display.
No seat lumbar adjustment, no up-down udjust on passanger seat.
NO adaptive (road following) bi-xenon headlamp.
no optional 2.0T engine - without getting the CTR

wait.... I just discribed a bmw328. :)

other than those I love my 1.5T sedan w/CVT.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
The big panel gaps.

markc72

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback EX-L w/NAVI
Country flag
Have had mine for almost a month. So far this has been my favorite car to drive since my 1995 Mustang. After my Mustang it has been Chevy Malibu (Garbarge) and Hyundai Sonata (Good Car). The things that bother me the most are...

No Blind spot detection (My wifes 2015 Sonata has it)
No warning when backing up and someone or something is behind you (Sonata also has)
No Camera on the left turn. Why just the right???
Stock Radio Sluggish.
No up and down adjustment on the passenger seat.
No LED headlights, but LED day times.

Other than that, I love driving the car.

odinist

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mithgarthr.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Aegean Blue Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The only thing that has really annoyed me is the location of the cup holders. It probably isn't bad for those with the CVT, but it sucks with the 6MT.

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The fact that my heated seats and defrosters don't come on all the times they are supposed to and the crappy fabric are tied for my biggest conplaint.

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Honestly, to me the worst features are the Playskool steering wheel buttons. The hell are they so cheap for? Didn't previous Hondas have those nice, solid rubberized ones? Step backwards for me.

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag
the lack of a spare tire, I know everyone is guilty of this, but honda has a part number for it, and yet it's unreleased....

n2da2nd

It's Senor Bane to ya
First Name
Nam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
No HUD- heads-up-display.
No seat lumbar adjustment
NO adaptive (road following) bi-xenon headlamp.

wait.... I just discribed a bmw328. :)
No Blind spot detection (My wifes 2015 Sonata has it)
No warning when backing up and someone or something is behind you (Sonata also has)
No Camera on the left turn. Why just the right???
Stock Radio Sluggish.
I have no complaint until I came across these 2 posts lol. Here goes my wish-list:
HUD is a novelty for me and I think it's cool if we have it (especially for turn-by-turn nav), though it can be distracting or of poor quality (some people already provided feedback about poor quality HUD on the Camry XSE)
The adaptive headlamp is also a great feature to have, also increase safety on dark road. We have automatically high beam in case some folks on this forum didn't know/miss that feature.
Lumbar support would be EFFING GREAT for my back pain!
No camera on left turn can be deal with by adding a convex mirror as i did on mine. Works like a charm.
Backing sensors are also a bonus safety feature, but understandable that they're only avail on bigger size sedan (Sonata and Accord vs Elantra and Civic)
My Touring HB sometime didnt recognize my iPod that has been plug-in all the time, so I have to do a reboot to resolve this.
Other than that, I love this Civic.

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
I’ve only had mine a week, but besides the obvious no volume knob I HATE that when I hit the button to shut the engine off the whole car shuts off. Every other car I’ve had allows you to listen to the radio until you open the door. Definitely is taking some getting used to.

JoeShades

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX-T Sedan
Country flag
I’ve only had mine a week, but besides the obvious no volume knob I HATE that when I hit the button to shut the engine off the whole car shuts off. Every other car I’ve had allows you to listen to the radio until you open the door. Definitely is taking some getting used to.
I think there is way to keep it on, or you can just hit the button again. Lack of power seats in the EX-T is my biggest complaint other than lack of volume knob

nouseformonkeys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Honda Accord
No volume knob! Come on guys! :rofl: smh
You are really hung up on this. You’re the first one to bring it up in this thread and are ready to jump in on other threads. Did you slip on a loose volume knob as a kid and are now on a mission to eradicate all volume knobs from the face of the earth?
Sponsored

Last edited: