SO - What's the single WORST feature of your Civicx?

raf702

First Name
Ralf
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatch Sport SGP
Country flag
A/C turning on with remote start. I understand the feature, and maybe for others that do like it. But I don't care much for it, is there away to disable it?
Sponsored

frontlinegeek

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CRV Touring, 2017 Civic EX Sedan Honda Sensing
Country flag
A/C turning on with remote start. I understand the feature, and maybe for others that do like it. But I don't care much for it, is there away to disable it?
It is actually set up to cool or heat based on the outside temperature so us Canadians and northern border Americans greatly appreciate the automatic heating up in the winters...

As for disabling, not sure I ever saw anything in the menus for that and I have been through them several times.

raf702

First Name
Ralf
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatch Sport SGP
Country flag
It is actually set up to cool or heat based on the outside temperature so us Canadians and northern border Americans greatly appreciate the automatic heating up in the winters...

As for disabling, not sure I ever saw anything in the menus for that and I have been through them several times.
I completely understand those who benefit from it. Based on where I live in Southern California, it doesn't really serve much of a purpose for me. It probably can't be disabled, hardwired feature I'm assuming.

frontlinegeek

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I completely understand those who benefit from it. Based on where I live in Southern California, it doesn't really serve much of a purpose for me. It probably can't be disabled, hardwired feature I'm assuming.
And this is where I get annoyed with car companies that don't just give us access to all these functions. It is all just software and code... It is not like the olden days or something for the love of Pete. As far as I am concerned, other than if something changed would make the car unfit for use on the road, Honda should give us an insane degree of customization of both the full LCD instrument cluster, the head unit and ALL of the passive settings. What if I am a spleeny bugger and I want it to heat up at even warmer temps or if I like it a little warmer in the summer and I don't want the AC to come on so soon?

It is certainly on this front that Tesla is beating everyone else. Customization and updates to the software.

PhilF

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CRV EX-L Platinum White Pearl/Ivory, 2020 CRV EX-L Crystal Black Pearl/Grey
Country flag
Should of come with 18"'s on the Touring Sedan
Be careful what you wish for, went from a 16 EX-L Coupe with 215/50/17's to a 19 Touring Coupe with 235/4018's. The 16, with exactly the same drivetrain as the 19 averaged 38-41mpg in combined driving, upper 40's to low/mid 50's on straight highway. The 19 is 34-38 combined, 44-45 highway. Ride quality is harsher, although cornering is a bit better. IMHO, the sole reason for the mpg drop is the additional drag friction from the larger wider tires. A quality All-Season tire is also about 30-40% more expensive in the larger size, and is less effective in snow. I've considered getting a set of 17" wheels and going back to the 215/50/17, but Pennsylvania inspection law doesn't permit downsizing tires, size has to be what's on the door jamb sticker.
Just an FYI, the 19 Touring Sedan has 18" wheels......

Last edited:

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag
Well, it's in the specifications.

For 2019 coupe EX with 215/50/17 they give you 31/40/35 gas mileage
For 2019 coupe Touring with 235/40/18 they give you 30/37/33 gas mileage

For 2016 they had same tires and same mileage of 31/41/35.

My hatchback ST on these 235/40/18 tires has 30/36/32 gas mileage by Honda specifications. These differences are of no significance to me and I would never downgrade to smaller rims/taller tires. These 18's hold on to the road very well. I got a couple of curb rashes in the beginning, until I learned to mind the curbs. Which I didn't before, but it's a good habit anyway.

I still get the gas mileage in the high forties easily when I try, fifties if I try harder, and, with actually zero long trips, I get the average mileage exactly as they say, 30-31 mpg in suburb/city driving.

Joijessica

First Name
Joi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatchback EX Sonic Grey
Country flag
No HUD- heads-up-display.
No seat lumbar adjustment, no up-down udjust on passanger seat.
NO adaptive (road following) bi-xenon headlamp.
no optional 2.0T engine - without getting the CTR

wait.... I just discribed a bmw328. :)

other than those I love my 1.5T sedan w/CVT.
Haha funny. My complaints as well. Still love it though.

a c i d.f l y

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX 2.0 CVT Sedan w Sensing
Country flag
Why the hell would you bother remote starting your vehicle if *not* to fire up the AC/heater??? *mind boggled*

The remote start is specifically designed to cool or heat up the vehicle based on the internal vs external temperature in relation to what your internal thermostat is set at (assuming you keep your AC on auto like I do). If you're just wanting to warm up your motor, you're doing it a disservice by having the turbo idling. Cars these days are efficient, and are immediately drivable upon turning on the ignition. This isn't the 60's.

frontlinegeek

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
lol not mpg fuel tank size.
Perhaps but it is only a relevant complaint if the car was getting trash mileage and truly had too small of a tank. This is not at all the case so it is either a troll complaint or the poster has no proper relative comparison to almost all other vehicles. For example, my fathers Ridgeline has a tank twice the size and has no more range than our Civics. My CRV has a tank 50% larger and again, same range.

We aren't driving Lexus LFAs getting only 2 thirds the range we can get with with our Civics on twice the fuel.

theblackdogman

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport
Country flag
Perhaps but it is only a relevant complaint if the car was getting trash mileage and truly had too small of a tank. This is not at all the case so it is either a troll complaint or the poster has no proper relative comparison to almost all other vehicles. For example, my fathers Ridgeline has a tank twice the size and has no more range than our Civics. My CRV has a tank 50% larger and again, same range.

We aren't driving Lexus LFAs getting only 2 thirds the range we can get with with our Civics on twice the fuel.
For lack of making this a dissertation, I have the hatch, it does not get as good mpg (which I'm ok with for sure). I wish the fuel tank was bigger so I could go farther without stopping. So yes, my complaint is relevant (to me).

frontlinegeek

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
For lack of making this a dissertation, I have the hatch, it does not get as good mpg (which I'm ok with for sure). I wish the fuel tank was bigger so I could go farther without stopping. So yes, my complaint is relevant (to me).
Well, then, you should be permanently disappointed in every single vehicle on the market. They are all spec'd to only carry enough fuel to go basically the same distance regardless of the engine or weight of the vehicle. Which was the whole point I was trying to convey that you clearly skipped right over. On the highway, most vehicles driven for economy will get up to 750 km / 460 miles. Some cruiser cars like Buicks will get closer to 800/500 but those are the exceptions or are class specific (Midsize and full size sedans) as the modern Accords will do 800/500 but takes a tank 20 liters larger to do it. So if you are bent out of shape over a 40ish mile range difference (I looked up your car), then well, I don't know what else to say.

theblackdogman

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport
Country flag
Well, then, you should be permanently disappointed in every single vehicle on the market. They are all spec'd to only carry enough fuel to go basically the same distance regardless of the engine or weight of the vehicle. Which was the whole point I was trying to convey that you clearly skipped right over. On the highway, most vehicles driven for economy will get up to 750 km / 460 miles. Some cruiser cars like Buicks will get closer to 800/500 but those are the exceptions or are class specific (Midsize and full size sedans) as the modern Accords will do 800/500 but takes a tank 20 liters larger to do it. So if you are bent out of shape over a 40ish mile range difference (I looked up your car), then well, I don't know what else to say.
LOL! I was just answering the poll. Take a xanax...

AquaGoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I think the worst feature might be the separate volume for voice commands. I wasn’t aware of it, so I asked Siri for a song and then started cranking the volume up. I didn’t realize that when Siri is talking back, saying “Ok, now playing Go by Pearl Jam”, and I’m upping the volume it’s upping that sort of hidden voice volume. Next day I have the volume nice and low and I ask Siri a question and she fucking shouts at me at volume 30 and scared the crap out of me. I couldn’t figure out how to turn it down. Best way is to ask Siri to tell you a joke or something that will keep her talking so you can adjust appropriately. I still accidentally turn her up or down sometimes.

Maybe it’s a good feature...I don’t know. I feel like having just one volume level for music and voice would be fine.
Sponsored