Fk8_Borwax

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic type r
Country flag
So I just got my windshield replaced and I’m on aftermarket wheels my lane keep assist and other Honda sensing things aren’t working now I’m getting a light on the dash does anyone thing I can clear those by using Hondata?
Sponsored

Quip

First Name
Paper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rallye Red
Country flag
If I recall they need to be Calibrated again.

logan5

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
You'll need to take your car to the dealer to have the sensors recalibrated for the new windshield.

OP
OP
Fk8_Borwax

Fk8_Borwax

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic type r
Country flag
If I recall they need to be Calibrated again.
I was told that it can’t be recalibrated because I’m on aftermarket wheels and tires and my cars not sitting at oem height but before the windshield was replaced I never had a light for LKAS or other Honda sensing features do you think recalibrating it would fix it?

yansag1982

First Name
Yanick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Coupe Sport 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I was told that it can’t be recalibrated because I’m on aftermarket wheels and tires and my cars not sitting at oem height but before the windshield was replaced I never had a light for LKAS or other Honda sensing features do you think recalibrating it would fix it?
Well like they told you they cant calibrate it becaude your car is modified...and if that's the case most of us here are screwed if we crack the windshield...its a pain to put back the original springs and wheels just to redo a calibration protocol.

n2da2nd

It's Senor Bane to ya
First Name
Nam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That is what I call BS. I have my windshield calibrated with aftermarket wheels on without a hassle from the dealership nor Safelite.

OP
OP
Fk8_Borwax

Fk8_Borwax

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic type r
Country flag
That is what I call BS. I have my windshield calibrated with aftermarket wheels on without a hassle from the dealership nor Safelite.
Safelite was actually the one who told me that they can’t recalibrate it but thank you for the insight because I was tryna see if anyone else with aftermarket suspension and wheels etc had gotten there camera recalibrated

yansag1982

First Name
Yanick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Coupe Sport 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Is your car sitting close to what it was with the OEM wheels? Is your car lowered on springs or adjustable coilovers?

OP
OP
Fk8_Borwax

Fk8_Borwax

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic type r
Country flag
And also I’d like to add they said they can recalibrate it but it might still throw a code so I’ll update anyone who’s curious

OP
OP
Fk8_Borwax

Fk8_Borwax

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic type r
Country flag
Is your car sitting close to what it was with the OEM wheels? Is your car lowered on springs or adjustable coilovers?
It’s sitting pretty close to stock I’d say I’m running a 19x9.5+30 inch wheel with 255/19/35 no suspension mods

yansag1982

First Name
Yanick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Coupe Sport 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
And also I’d like to add they said they can recalibrate it but it might still throw a code so I’ll update anyone who’s curious
My bet is it will not throw a code...it was calibrated at stock height and when we lower the cars it doesnt care...so why would the oposite be an issue? Good luck

jdm_mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 FK8 CTR & More
Country flag
LOL a tech won't calibrate it? We use a target and it's adjustable. It's a PIA to line up but it's so doable, He's just probably lazy

imhenry66

Threads
Reaction score
Website
thatguyhenry.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Had my windshield replaced recently. I picked a shop that offered recalibration on a Sisecam glass over another that offered Pilkington (OEM spec) without recalibration. No codes. I think you should be able find another shop that will recalibrate the sensor for you.

Basedgawd16

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic hatchback 1.5 T
Country flag
Safelite was actually the one who told me that they can’t recalibrate it but thank you for the insight because I was tryna see if anyone else with aftermarket suspension and wheels etc had gotten there camera recalibrated
I was told the same by safelite due to me being lowered and aftermarket wheels, but told me Honda would be able to calibrate it for like $100 and change. I never went lol but all my features still work such as lane assist
Sponsored