So my custom sunshade finally came in the mail. No more hot car!

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thats what I have, I got it at autozone for about 10 bucks or so a few years back, it's holding up just fine, though it folds accordion style, its not a roll up kind.
Cool! Though I like the Honda logo, I may just have to fly my geek flag. :D

Honda Civic 10th gen So my custom sunshade finally came in the mail. No more hot car! 881094-003700R01%20Star%20Wars%20Accordion%20Sunshade

Attachments

CosmicTouring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring, 2014 Honda Civic EX-L Navi
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Anyone tried this one? Saw it on the Pep Boys website.

Honda Civic 10th gen So my custom sunshade finally came in the mail. No more hot car! 981615-003714R01%20Honda%20Accordion%20SS
I had this too and bought from Pep Boys with coupon. I was going to trim to custom fit and resew the edge trim. It just wasn't big enough to have the custom fit. It works well enough though. I got the custom fit sunshade from JCWhitney with a discount. It does work a little better in heat rejection since it is thicker and insulates better. These actually work the same in the winter by flipping the shade over and having the reflective side towards the interior to keep some cold temp out. I had my car in direct sunlight for a few hours yesterday in the hot Cali sun and the car was just slightly warm when I came back. Good enough investment in my opinion for me and specially for the kids comfort level when they get in the car.

I love how the temp in the car is after a round of golf in the hot sun. ;)

Whatever works for us though. Just my preference. I really like the Honda logo though. Thinking of applying a Honda Vinyl logo.

Attachments

Mr.Brown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-L Black
just ordered a silver one for my black civic. kinda think I should have gotten the gold one. I think itll look pretty good

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

CANMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Guys do these really cut down on the interior heat? Every video I have found, and this entire thread just talks about looks and fit/finish.... How much head does it cut down/is it noticeable when you get into your car? Think the price is justified or no?

schen72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Acura RL Tech, 2008 Acura RDX Tech, 2016 Acura ILX Tech A-SPEC
Guys do these really cut down on the interior heat? Every video I have found, and this entire thread just talks about looks and fit/finish.... How much head does it cut down/is it noticeable when you get into your car? Think the price is justified or no?
Yes, the heat rejection is very good. I plan on keeping my car for minimum 15 years so I want to protect the dash and interior.

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Sedan Touring, '18 CR-V Touring AWD
Country flag
depends hugely on orientation of the car vs. sun. If car is pointing into sun, yes. If pointing opposite way, not so much. Probably even worse for '16 Civic since back window is pretty large as well.

CANMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Well I mainly back into a space at my apartment complex and the building itself shields the rear window pretty well, and I am tinted with 20% so hoping that helps.

Just ordered mine and we will see how it goes. I get they are custom made but over 2 weeks for an approximate ship date, this thing better be worth it.

CanadaNeal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe Touring White Orchid Pearl
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone have suggestions for picking one of these up in Canada?

Also, where do you store the shield when you're in the car?
I called Covercraft and they want over $50 to ship to Canada (Lol!). Performance Improvements in Canada carries them. The thing is, Covercraft (as of today) is about 2 weeks from having them ready to ship. I'm ordering mine and will let you know how it goes. By the way, the part number (according to Performance Improvements) is: UV11440SV for the cover and ZUBAGV4 for the bag to put it in. [EDIT]- I'm removing the quoted price from Performance Improvements, as when I got to the store I got a different price. Best to call them yourself, I guess.

PS: I'll be storing it in the back seat, or in the trunk if anyone dares to ride in my (Hobbit) back seat.
Sponsored

Last edited: