So my custom sunshade finally came in the mail. No more hot car!

CosmicTouring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring, 2014 Honda Civic EX-L Navi
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Finally got my Intro-Tech Ultimate Reflective custom sunshade in the other day. It feels very well made, and also came with a protective cover to keep it stored in when not in use. It is also reversible to help keep heat in the car during winter months supposedly. It fits very well, although there is about maybe a 1/2" gap on each side, similar to the covercraft one that most of you have. Overall I'm pleased with it. :)
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Seems like the template for both Intro-Tech and Covercraft are similar. Can't go wrong with either. I have the Intro-Tech R for my 14 and Covercraft for my 16. The Intro-Tech comes with the storage bag while you have to buy extra with Covercraft. Bottom line price are comparable. We are all set.
Sponsored

kqn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
AM I THE ONLY ONE THAT WENT WITH THE 8$ dollar SUN SHADE FROM WALMART :mad:
I trimmed it a bit, but got too lazy to finish it :(
TBH, this sunshade's performance is enough for me to nap in my car during lunch.
I also did it so nobody can see me in my car during breaks and extra breaks. ;)

modernwarpaint

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T (CBM)
@SnappingCobra - looks good! Similar design to the CC. Thanks for posting the photos for comparison.
@kqn - I'm sure others choose that route. Honestly, I never knew such a sunshade existed until this thread generated. I'm in this new car mania right now(I've never owned a new car), and I'm obsessing over every detail, including the accessories, such as this sunshade... Idk why, it's just a sunshade! Apart from the obvious benefits of uv protection, the Covercraft, to me, enhances the overall aesthetic.

timothyjay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
AM I THE ONLY ONE THAT WENT WITH THE 8$ dollar SUN SHADE FROM WALMART :mad:
I trimmed it a bit, but got too lazy to finish it :(
TBH, this sunshade's performance is enough for me to nap in my car during lunch.
I also did it so nobody can see me in my car during breaks and extra breaks. ;)
I actually tried to look for a sunscreen at Walmart before and their biggest shade wouldn't even fit th Civic :( That's really the reason why I started looking online and came across one decent one on Amazon, and really liked the look of this once installed so I figured why not splurge a little:)

giant22000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Honda Civic LX
I saw that weathet tech is making custom sun screens. Has anyone bought one of there's?

modernwarpaint

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T (CBM)
Honda Civic 10th gen So my custom sunshade finally came in the mail. No more hot car! ima

Covercraft sent me the color samples. Here's a photo to compare the colors side by side to get a better idea of what color to choose if you're interested in this product.

*apologies the lighting is dark, I can get a photo of them in the sunlight tomorrow

timothyjay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
image.jpeg

Covercraft sent me the color samples. Here's a photo to compare the colors side by side to get a better idea of what color to choose if you're interested in this product.

*apologies the lighting is dark, I can get a photo of them in the sunlight tomorrow
Based on those samples, what do you think about getting? The blue metallic looks almost silver.

modernwarpaint

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T (CBM)
Based on those samples, what do you think about getting? The blue metallic looks almost silver.
I just went outside to do a comparison against the Cosmic Blue, and to see what they appear like under the window in normal conditions. And I still don't know hahaha - I am leaning towards silver because of the contrast, but the blue is so pretty lol. Geez, this didn't help :hmm: (Cue song 'Torn' by Natalie Imbruglia fading slowly out)
Honda Civic 10th gen So my custom sunshade finally came in the mail. No more hot car! ima

NiGHTS4EVA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
paseo
1st timer here. Hello all ^^ How green is the green shade? I might be getting the green coupe this week and was wondering if the green sun shade would be too much on that car.

modernwarpaint

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T (CBM)
1st timer here. Hello all ^^ How green is the green shade? I might be getting the green coupe this week and was wondering if the green sun shade would be too much on that car.
The green is really subtle, almost looks silver, and also slightly 'tan/off white' depending on how you look at it. The green paint is such a bold color, I think it could look good, but I'd personally go with silver. Here's a comparison between the 2.