So my car is at the dealer and now they're closed indefinitely

MutatedMango

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Civic Si FC3
Country flag
So the service manager calls me now and apologizes. They were supposed to contact me yesterday and didn't, but the governor made them close for at least the next two weeks, and he made arrangements for me to pick up my car tomorrow.
Bad news is they have done nothing to it to figure out the issues going on, so now I gotta take it back in again whenever they open.
What's wrong with the car? Some of the guys on here are crazy smart and could maybe help you out with whatever's going on
Sponsored

OP
OP
Rickmeister 48

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What's wrong with the car? Some of the guys on here are crazy smart and could maybe help you out with whatever's going on
Man,Everytime I post an issue with my car, there ends up being smart asses on here saying I have more issues then anyone etc etc, well I got a new Civic over all those issues in arbitration and this new one one has started acting up a bit , so in advance for any idiots ,I've got videos once again of everything I say so......
This isn't directed at you mutated mango, just wanted to get that out of the way, so.....
Once or twice now the seat heaters wouldn't come on at all, no lights on either switch.
The radio has just been cutting out, dead silence, no loss of signal that does happen when in in a garage or back in the woods, it just cuts out randomly 4 or 5 times in a few minutes time.
The backup camera would not engage while in reverse, the head unit locked up, couldn't turn the radio down or off or change it, nothing responded,made a huge loud pop and turned itself back on and all my settings and clock were changed.
My Android auto map screen wouldn't shut off despite my phone not even being connected, it just flashed.
I tried to do a reboot on another occasion and none of the buttons would do anything.
At one point, half of the system colors were blue and the other half red, like the radio was blue and the home screen red Etc.
Now keep in mind this is a cc refurbished head unit they put in a bit back to fix some other issues the original one had.
So , there you go.

OP
OP
Rickmeister 48

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Picked it up today and my dash cam was all unhooked and said there was no memory card in it once I started it up. The jerk technician took it out and jammed it back in upside down and broke it in the camera!
Didn't even need to touch that for any reason!!
I'm waiting to hear back from the service manager on this. SMH.

mocaSi

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si & 2016 Honda Fit
Country flag
Yea, I do have a loaner but it's not my car, if you know what I mean, There is stuff in my car that I didn't plan on leaving there for more than a day or so though.
This is just BS. Supposedly they did this the day I dropped it off and didn't say anything. Ugh
that's bull.

MutatedMango

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Civic Si FC3
Country flag
Man,Everytime I post an issue with my car, there ends up being smart asses on here saying I have more issues then anyone etc etc, well I got a new Civic over all those issues in arbitration and this new one one has started acting up a bit , so in advance for any idiots ,I've got videos once again of everything I say so......
This isn't directed at you mutated mango, just wanted to get that out of the way, so.....
Once or twice now the seat heaters wouldn't come on at all, no lights on either switch.
The radio has just been cutting out, dead silence, no loss of signal that does happen when in in a garage or back in the woods, it just cuts out randomly 4 or 5 times in a few minutes time.
The backup camera would not engage while in reverse, the head unit locked up, couldn't turn the radio down or off or change it, nothing responded,made a huge loud pop and turned itself back on and all my settings and clock were changed.
My Android auto map screen wouldn't shut off despite my phone not even being connected, it just flashed.
I tried to do a reboot on another occasion and none of the buttons would do anything.
At one point, half of the system colors were blue and the other half red, like the radio was blue and the home screen red Etc.
Now keep in mind this is a cc refurbished head unit they put in a bit back to fix some other issues the original one had.
So , there you go.
Damn bro that's so much stuff. I'd be beyond pissed.
How many miles is your car at? That's insane so much stuff definitely need to get that fixed under warranty or whatever lemon law stuff that exists (I'm not exactly sure how those laws work). That sucks that you're having all that stuff go wrong and honestly I would've just kept the loaner car at that point. I haven't heard of 10th gens going this bad. Hopefully you can get some answers after this whole quarantine situation eases up.

MarshX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Took my car in on Monday, have heard nothing, do I called today, they are closed now indefinitely due to the Corona virus.
They could of said something before I left my car with them for three days, and what am I supposed to do about getting my car back in the meantime?
Take them to a small claims court!

OP
OP
Rickmeister 48

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Damn bro that's so much stuff. I'd be beyond pissed.
How many miles is your car at? That's insane so much stuff definitely need to get that fixed under warranty or whatever lemon law stuff that exists (I'm not exactly sure how those laws work). That sucks that you're having all that stuff go wrong and honestly I would've just kept the loaner car at that point. I haven't heard of 10th gens going this bad. Hopefully you can get some answers after this whole quarantine situation eases up.
I just hit 14,000 on it. I honestly think it's cause they put a refurbished head unit in it. I mean to me , it had to be refurbished cause it had issues, seems they just didn't fix it right.

freezingmoon

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si coupe
Country flag
But why wouldn’t you leave it there and keep the loaner if they offered to do that?!? Seems that would have been the smartest thing to do...

OP
OP
Rickmeister 48

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
But why wouldn’t you leave it there and keep the loaner if they offered to do that?!? Seems that would have been the smartest thing to do...
You didn't see my post above. They gave me a bottom of the line Civic which I did not like. My car is better on gas,rides better and besides that, I'm fully responsible for their car while I have it.
Keeping it wasn't the smart thing to do, especially since now, it would of been a lot more then two weeks till they get around to even looking at car again.

mjchristian

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback LX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You done goofed for not leaving it there.
A loaner for 2+ weeks? Nice.
Yeah plus that loaner is guaranteed to be faster than the civic. No car is faster than a rental car.

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Seems the issue is in the head unit. Before you took it in, did you try disconnecting the battery? Not that would have fixed it but it would be worth a try.

n2da2nd

It's Senor Bane to ya
First Name
Nam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yea, I do have a loaner but it's not my car, if you know what I mean, There is stuff in my car that I didn't plan on leaving there for more than a day or so though.
This is just BS. Supposedly they did this the day I dropped it off and didn't say anything. Ugh
Document what you need in order to do your work. Once they open, have them pay for your "expenses"
You can't catch any break regarding your car and Honda huh.
Edit: just read the 2nd page of your post lol. At this point, sell the car and cut your loss. Maybe a Toyota will give you a better luck.

OP
OP
Rickmeister 48

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Seems the issue is in the head unit. Before you took it in, did you try disconnecting the battery? Not that would have fixed it but it would be worth a try.
No, I didn't actually try that yet. The one thing they did do while they had it, was a factory reset.
I haven't had any issues with it so far since I picked it up, hopefully, there was just some kind of glitch that the reset fixed, but then again, with so this pandemic stuff going on, I haven't really driven it much since getting it back.