• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

So much hate for this car! Are you disappointed with your purchase?

RB2490

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2015 wrx, 2015nissan juke nismo, 15 scion frs
After watching video and reading comments I just see so much hate for this car. I honestly love the car even though I can admit I hated it when I saw the revealing. But after seeing it in person, and driving it for two days I have to say I'm not disappointed at all. I love how mature and clean it looks, interior and audio is great, it's super comfortable, and I don't find it slow or boring. I feel like it's a car you have to see in person and drive it yourself opposed to listening to reviewers give it hard time! Had I been 21 and worried about 0-60 times I would have gotten something else but being 35 and family man it works for me and I can still have fun with it while being very functional. Curious if anybody regrets their purchase or wish they had gotten something else?

Integra805

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lexus GS350, MDX
Eh - I do not regret the purchase, but this is a very subjective question. In my opinion, the only real comp to this car (Honda world) is the 2018 Accord 2.0T 6 speed. It has the de-tuned CTR motor, but missing the LSD. I was really close to buying one, but the word is out on those cars. While they were 32K new, a 4 year old one with 28K sold for nearly $29,000. I have a hard time paying near MSRP for a four year old car with 28,000 miles. For me, the inflation of the used market made me only look at new cars. If I am only comparing this to new cars, then yes, I do not regret the purchase. If the used market was normal, that Accord would have been $20K and I would have had a hard time justifying $17K more for this car.

I also think that we are still in for a long haul with used car Prices. I look up auction prices with my dealers license every day and the market is still wild. Yes, it is getting softer, but thats only accurate for the V8s. Acura told me that we have the highest average miles on cars right now. Meaning, there will continue to be a squeeze on new cars for the next few years. Also, the average new car is over $40K And most entry level cars have stopped being produced. All that to say (I am landing the plane), I do not think these cars will depreciate at the normal 10% per year. I Have a feeling a 4 year old teg with 35K on it will still sell for 30-32K because there isnt anything else to buy. My theory is that I could drive this for 4 years and only lose 8K on it, which means I am happy with the purchase.

OP
OP
RB2490

RB2490

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Eh - I do not regret the purchase, but this is a very subjective question. In my opinion, the only real comp to this car (Honda world) is the 2018 Accord 2.0T 6 speed. It has the de-tuned CTR motor, but missing the LSD. I was really close to buying one, but the word is out on those cars. While they were 32K new, a 4 year old one with 28K sold for nearly $29,000. I have a hard time paying near MSRP for a four year old car with 28,000 miles. For me, the inflation of the used market made me only look at new cars. If I am only comparing this to new cars, then yes, I do not regret the purchase. If the used market was normal, that Accord would have been $20K and I would have had a hard time justifying $17K more for this car.

I also think that we are still in for a long haul with used car Prices. I look up auction prices with my dealers license every day and the market is still wild. Yes, it is getting softer, but thats only accurate for the V8s. Acura told me that we have the highest average miles on cars right now. Meaning, there will continue to be a squeeze on new cars for the next few years. Also, the average new car is over $40K And most entry level cars have stopped being produced. All that to say (I am landing the plane), I do not think these cars will depreciate at the normal 10% per year. I Have a feeling a 4 year old teg with 35K on it will still sell for 30-32K because there isnt anything else to buy. My theory is that I could drive this for 4 years and only lose 8K on it, which means I am happy with the purchase.
I agree with everything you said. Honestly if the market wasn't so screwed up i don't think acura would have sold the teggy as this price. My parents have a 2006 corolla s that 3 years ago was 2800 and they sold it for 6k. Put money the new type r will be in the 43k range maybe even more and a type S teggy will be 47k. I mean used type r is 40-45k. I don't see the auto market getting better for a long time.

Integra805

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lexus GS350, MDX
Exactly. i think another contributing factor is peoples willingness to sell a car. With so many folks paying 10k above market, why would they sell the car for a loss and be upside down? They will just drive the car until its closer to being paid off and then trade it in. I think we will see this wave for the length of an average car loan… call it 3-5 years.

Litflynt912

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Civic EXL HB 2023 Integra A Spec Tech
I knew exactly what I was getting into with this car. I wanted an adult civic with more refinement. But I did fall for the nostalgia trap since I had an RSX as a younger man.
The integra gets me 30+ MPG and is peppy while having a great safety system and “higher end” amenities

This is my last ICE car and knowing my next car is the Macan EV I plan on enjoying the integra until either the wheels fall off, for some hard to fathom reason there’s no support for it down the road or gas gets to $10+ a gallon (which I don’t think will happen between drop in usage and the syntentic gas Porsche is working on)

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
I'm especially prone to buyer's remorse, and I can say with absolute certainty that I have 0 regrets with my purchase--I got a PWP A-Spec + Tech 6MT.

I've watched/re-watched all the professional reviews, and have even gritted my teeth through many of the everyman reviews, and the gripes fall into 3 categories:

• When compared with the 2022 Civic Si (especially the Canadian spec), the Integra costs about $7,500 more despite having all the same guts. That price difference is assuming you can actually find a 2022 Civic Si at MSRP (pretty unlikely, at least for now), but nobody gives this much attention. Yes, they perform similarly, but having sat in/driven both, I think the Integra justifies the price gap--the Integra feels more grown-up/refined. It has function and form. The materials are much better, ELS audio is fantastic, and adaptive dampers are a great add. Plus, it has a liftback. I think it's worth the extra cost over the Si and the Civic Touring, but that's subjective. When ADM make the Civic Touring and Si the same price/higher, you'd be crazy to pick the Hondas.
  • When compared to the German cars Acura lists as the Integra's competition, it lacks some key luxury features, like ventilated/cooled seats, and rear climate control. Are those things issues for me? Nope. I recognize the fully-loaded Integra costs at least $6,000 less than the entry-level German competitors, and should have better reliability and a lower annual cost of ownership. Will I deal with some butt sweat in exchange for that savings? Absolutely. I've also seen nothing positive about the infotainment in any of the competitors. Is the Integra's infotainment lifted straight out of the Civic? Sure. Did Honda do a great job with it? Yep. If it ain't broke, why fix it?
  • The 6MT is only available in the top trim, and the other models have a CVT. I prefer a great manual transmission over any type of automatic transmission, but I'm honestly surprised to see folks get so heated over a particular automatic transmission.

I was set on getting a Honda or Acura, and wanted a manual transmission. This narrowed the field substantially, leaving a handful of Civics or the Integra. I wanted a good manual transmission, so this cut out the Civic Sport or Touring, leaving only the Si, Type R, or Integra. I didn't care for the Si's bare-bones feel or the FK8's boy racer looks, and also have no interest in being the second owner of any Type R. The Integra checks all of my boxes, and even a few extras. I sometimes wonder if the Integra just made a bad first impression in yellow, it's great.

BKK Jack

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 LCM/Red ASpec Tech 6MT

I get what you are saying, but I completely disagree with valuating resale on a car purchase, unless you are leasing. Unless you have a crystal ball and know what vehicles might become collectable in 20-30 years, buying a car is a purchase, not an investment. Buy what you want, drive it for how ever long you want, then get what you can out of it.

Integra805

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lexus GS350, MDX
I can understand that. I guess what I mean is that walking into a Honda / Toyota would generally give you a better return on investment than a benz or something. That’s all I mean.

dfoster1951

First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 LexusGS 350 F Sport
I have had my Blue/Orchid 6MT for 3 weeks now and can honestly say I have zero regrets. What I think is even more telling is that I am 71 years old and sold my 2020 C8 Corvette to get this car. I have always loved Acuras, going back to my 99 5MT CL coupe. I just find driving the manual to be more engaging than either a traditional automatic or even a dual clutch like the C8. I like the utility of the hatchback and the ELS system is far superior to the Bose system in my C8. I don't need more tha 200HP and the Tegra feels plenty peppy enough for my driving style/needs. Sure the German cars may be more luxurious and have faster 0 to 60 times but they are thousands more expensive and you cannot even get an Audi with a manual anymore. Bottom line- this senior citizen is very happy with his buying decision.

Juddtastic77

First Name
Judd
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra Aspec MT Majestic Black Pearl
I'm especially prone to buyer's remorse, and I can say with absolute certainty that I have 0 regrets with my purchase--I got a PWP A-Spec + Tech 6MT.

I've watched/re-watched all the professional reviews, and have even gritted my teeth through many of the everyman reviews, and the gripes fall into 3 categories:

• When compared with the 2022 Civic Si (especially the Canadian spec), the Integra costs about $7,500 more despite having all the same guts. That price difference is assuming you can actually find a 2022 Civic Si at MSRP (pretty unlikely, at least for now), but nobody gives this much attention. Yes, they perform similarly, but having sat in/driven both, I think the Integra justifies the price gap--the Integra feels more grown-up/refined. It has function and form. The materials are much better, ELS audio is fantastic, and adaptive dampers are a great add. Plus, it has a liftback. I think it's worth the extra cost over the Si and the Civic Touring, but that's subjective. When ADM make the Civic Touring and Si the same price/higher, you'd be crazy to pick the Hondas.
  • When compared to the German cars Acura lists as the Integra's competition, it lacks some key luxury features, like ventilated/cooled seats, and rear climate control. Are those things issues for me? Nope. I recognize the fully-loaded Integra costs at least $6,000 less than the entry-level German competitors, and should have better reliability and a lower annual cost of ownership. Will I deal with some butt sweat in exchange for that savings? Absolutely. I've also seen nothing positive about the infotainment in any of the competitors. Is the Integra's infotainment lifted straight out of the Civic? Sure. Did Honda do a great job with it? Yep. If it ain't broke, why fix it?
  • The 6MT is only available in the top trim, and the other models have a CVT. I prefer a great manual transmission over any type of automatic transmission, but I'm honestly surprised to see folks get so heated over a particular automatic transmission.

I was set on getting a Honda or Acura, and wanted a manual transmission. This narrowed the field substantially, leaving a handful of Civics or the Integra. I wanted a good manual transmission, so this cut out the Civic Sport or Touring, leaving only the Si, Type R, or Integra. I didn't care for the Si's bare-bones feel or the FK8's boy racer looks, and also have no interest in being the second owner of any Type R. The Integra checks all of my boxes, and even a few extras. I sometimes wonder if the Integra just made a bad first impression in yellow, it's great.
PERFECTLY SAID! Exactly how I feel( you know , since you watched the video with me saying the same thing😂😇)

JohnV

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'13 Ford C-Max Energi '19 Acura RDX
I am 71 years old and sold my 2020 C8 Corvette to get this car
I am a youthful (lol) 61 and sold a BMW 128i to get my Integra. The Bimmer is a big step up in driving dynamics, and not worth more than the Acura like your C8.
But I wanted the convenience of the hatch, plus it's easier to get in and out of. And honestly offers so much fun. I never used the full capability of my Bimmer, as I expect you didn't use all of the Vette. I don't need that. I'm super happy with my new car, although my left knee is getting a bit sore...

Jessegovols

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 Honda CRV EXL, 2004 Acura TSX Manual Previous: 92 Mazda MX6 GT, 93 Mitsubishi 3000 GT VR4, 99 Honda Civic Si
After watching video and reading comments I just see so much hate for this car. I honestly love the car even though I can admit I hated it when I saw the revealing. But after seeing it in person, and driving it for two days I have to say I'm not disappointed at all. I love how mature and clean it looks, interior and audio is great, it's super comfortable, and I don't find it slow or boring. I feel like it's a car you have to see in person and drive it yourself opposed to listening to reviewers give it hard time! Had I been 21 and worried about 0-60 times I would have gotten something else but being 35 and family man it works for me and I can still have fun with it while being very functional. Curious if anybody regrets their purchase or wish they had gotten something else?
I think a lot of the hostility to this car is the resentment of the Si buyer in that Honda stripped so many features out of the Civic Si to put in the Integra which can only be had with an 8 to 9 Thousand dollar price premium depending on sales tax in your state.

Xcfool

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Liquid Carbon Tech 6spd
I think a lot of the hostility to this car is the resentment of the Si buyer in that Honda stripped so many features out of the Civic Si to put in the Integra which can only be had with an 8 to 9 Thousand dollar price premium depending on sales tax in your state.
You and perhaps many of the Integra detractors fail to factor in that most SI are being sold with a ADM that along with the added features mostly negates the 'Tegs premium.

Reactions: HKF

SuperCyan

First Name
Xavian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Acura Integra A-spec w/ Tech CVT
I just hit 1000+ miles tonight in my CVT A-Spec Tech and loving every moment. It fits exactly what I need it for in my life currently.
Hoping in 3-4 years I'll have most of it paid off and see what's out there for TLX Type S. Maybe even Integra Type S if it seems like a worthy upgrade which it might just be (just wish it could have SH-AWD, but think that's dead in the water for this platform)

I think you're 100% right in that people simply need to give it a chance and experience it for themselves to really see what it's all about. For $36k you get a TON. Almost everything someone would need/want and then some in most cases. Wireless Carplay/Android Auto, an outstanding audio system, near CUV level trunk space, option for a manual w/LSD, standard safety features, Heads up display, list goes on and on.

Also the CVT is easily the best CVT i've driven. Way better than what I had in my 10th gen civic. It's silky smooth, doesn't drone, paddles are super quick with the simulated gears. Tons of passing power. It's been fun to drive with out a doubt. Going to be upgrading to stickier tires and other small performance mods later on but for now, definitely impressed with the car

OP
OP
RB2490

RB2490

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20220710_102030.jpg

Just took a road trip from NY to PA. Nothing crazy 120 mile one way but it was a nice drive. Was able to fit my 100lb boxer in the hatch and drop him to my parents. Dog has a lot of anxiety in cars especially trucks because he can slide around a lot but he loved the back seat because he's nice and snug inside. He looks like hes too big but he laid down and fit perfectly . I put a portable fan in the back and it was the first time he didn't go crazy. I can't do this with any car besides a gti in the acuras price range and manual tranny. My wife also has vertigo and motion sickness and not once did she complain about the ride until we hit traffic and I was kinda jerking in first gear(my fault) sport mode can be a lot in traffic since I've been using comfort until break-in. Myself along with the kids, dog and wife love the car so far.

Last edited: