• Welcome to Integraforums.com everyone!

If you're joining us from CivicX.com, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on CivicX.com as of May 24, 2020 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

So much hate for this car! Are you disappointed with your purchase?

NeoDiNardo

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Red Honda Civic Type R
However, it’s the same issue over at Honda with the Civic Si and the Accord. Seats are just lacking that last bit of comfort.

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Ya today

Yes after about an 2hr drive my a** was hurting. It's need more padding for sure. The seats hug you well but your have to get the perfect seat adjustment and it's comfortable.
My first long drive I thought that but since then I have found them comfortable.

lauren01

First Name
Lauren
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Honda CR-Z
I believe that no one here comprehends the disappointment with the new Integra and the reasons for it. That is likely because no one here is old enough to have owned much less driven a real one. If they had made a real Integra now, it would basically be an Si with an upscale interior and a few body style changes to reflect the Acura status. It would likely also have a few extra ponies, which I believe the new one does.

If you want a mature Acura, you buy the TLX, the comparable to the Accord. Back in the days of the original Integra, it was the Acura Legend and even that had a more aggressive edge than the Accord. Each Acura has historically had its Honda counterpart and for those that wanted the Si personality with a bit more luxury, that was the Integra. That's not the new Integra. There's nothing actually wrong with that, but many folks were hoping for it and are disappointed by the mature, utterly civilian nature of the new Integra. Perhaps a Type S, done right, will answer some of that and give the Integra crowd something to cheer about.
I had an ‘87 Integra LS 5-speed, 2-door hatchback in Riviera Blue Metallic. It had a sunroof, pop-up headlights, velour seats, and that amazing graphic EQ. I remember that beloved car well.

Yes I was bummed that a ‘23 coupe was not developed, but enthralled with the new liftback design. The aerodynamics are amazing! We need to all be talking about that! I’m loving my new blue/orchid 6MT at age 56. I was a young gal of 21 when I had my ‘87.

I think the online haters of this car think they get to tell Acura what a real Integra is, when that crowd never had an OG model anyway.

NeoDiNardo

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
You know, if you leave a YouTube comment on a new Integra video you get harassed by the Civic Si value nazi crowd. There is room for both options, each can do something for you that the other does not. Personally, I’ll take my no markup MSRP Integra price, my kick ass stereo, hatch, slightly better exterior and interior looks, slightly nicer features, and if that means I end up paying a few grand unaccounted for in Acura tax, then it was still worth it. I need my heated seats and Honda packaged the 2022 Civic Si very poorly this go around. I’ve had several Civic Si’s already, and so it’s fun to try something a little different. And my new Integra’s stereo has to be worth $2000 more all by itself. My budget is still nice and low on payment, and I didn’t want to be locked in with a $60K car like the TLX Type-S at this time as I believe some better things are coming. The GR Corolla, the 11th gen CTR, the Integra Type-S, perhaps a mid cycle TLX Type-S refresh that kicks things up a notch while bringing the weight down. Perhaps something else entirely. I’ll love the Integra for now, I still jump right in and just take a moment to just smell that new leather smell, that stick shifter is pure sex, and I’ll have fun diving into on ramps and I’ll drive the hell out of it. And I’ll probably sell it in a few years for something way better. It’s a perfect plan for me, as I currently have furniture to buy for my new apartment. And it’s really my local Honda dealers fault for not selling me a Civic Si at MSRP, they wanted a $2,500 to $5,000 markup. At least with the new Integra I actually get added Acura things for my added money invested.

Last edited:
OP
OP
RB2490

RB2490

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2015 wrx, 2015nissan juke nismo, 15 scion frs
You know, if you leave a YouTube comment you get told how dumb you are to buy a new Integra… that’s just plain wrong. Do you know how lucky I am that I found a car at MSRP at all??? Jeez.
Lol people stuck on stupid. Had a dude telling me could have gotten a type R for that price and I asked him where I'll buy it right now.

Last edited:

NeoDiNardo

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Sorry, I had to make it a bigger rant with ninja edits - lol. I mean if you are just between cars that’s one thing, I had no car and I really needed my Integra. It takes about 6 months to change your mind, 6 months just to get a car in that you may want to buy. And then you are still fighting for MSRP.

Last edited:

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
I think the online haters of this car think they get to tell Acura what a real Integra is, when that crowd never had an OG model anyway.
Nailed it. Acura could make a pick up truck and call it the integra. And it would be because they say so. Period. And like you said, those people never had one anyway. Or they had a used 3rd gen base when they were a teen and think they know all about the model.

lnf

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lunar Silver, 6MT Integra
Nailed it. Acura could make a pick up truck and call it the integra. And it would be because they say so. Period. And like you said, those people never had one anyway. Or they had a used 3rd gen base when they were a teen and think they know all about the model.
I feel personally attacked LOL

RRP RSX-S

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mustang GT
You know, if you leave a YouTube comment on a new Integra video you get harassed by the Civic Si value nazi crowd. There is room for both options, each can do something for you that the other does not. Personally, I’ll take my no markup MSRP Integra price, my kick ass stereo, hatch, slightly better exterior and interior looks, slightly nicer features, and if that means I end up paying a few grand unaccounted for in Acura tax, then it was still worth it. I need my heated seats and Honda packaged the 2022 Civic Si very poorly this go around. I’ve had several Civic Si’s already, and so it’s fun to try something a little different. And my new Integra’s stereo has to be worth $2000 more all by itself. My budget is still nice and low on payment, and I didn’t want to be locked in with a $60K car like the TLX Type-S at this time as I believe some better things are coming. The GR Corolla, the 11th gen CTR, the Integra Type-S, perhaps a mid cycle TLX Type-S refresh that kicks things up a notch while bringing the weight down. Perhaps something else entirely. I’ll love the Integra for now, I still jump right in and just take a moment to just smell that new leather smell, that stick shifter is pure sex, and I’ll have fun diving into on ramps and I’ll drive the hell out of it. And I’ll probably sell it in a few years for something way better. It’s a perfect plan for me, as I currently have furniture to buy for my new apartment. And it’s really my local Honda dealers fault for not selling me a Civic Si at MSRP, they wanted a $2,500 to $5,000 markup. At least with the new Integra I actually get added Acura things for my added money invested.
The ELS stereo has already spoiled me. Music on other devices in the house sound lame now.

Si crowd honestly is just mad that they got robbed on features this gen and still paid the same price as a loaded Tegs because they got taken for an ADM ride. So they take it out on Tegs owners, even though they wish they were us 😈.

RUNN1N

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Civic Type-R
Si crowd honestly is just mad that they got robbed on features this gen and still paid the same price as a loaded Tegs because they got taken for an ADM ride. So they take it out on Tegs owners, even though they wish they were us 😈.
The "Honda ruined my Si" crowd is misdirecting anger at Acura--it should be more upset with Honda giving Canada a much better equipped Si during the same model year. Short of adaptive dampers, it's got a lot of what "the Integra stole" from the 10th Gen Si.

I missed the entire OG Integra thing. By the time I noticed Honda or Acura it was a 2004 Honda Civic Si and an Acura RSX. And the 2006 Civic Si was my OG mid 20’s car.
I had a 2007 Si as my early/mid 20's car and still miss it--I'd love to have it as a fun project car, but there's no way I'd find one today that hasn't been experimented on extensively over the last 15 years and mine was CLEAN when I sold it. Live and learn!

Integra23

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Type S in the house!
Lol people stuck on stupid. Had a dude telling I could have gotten a type R for that price and I asked him where I'll buy it right now.
Haha. My thoughts exactly. I am waiting for the TypeS since it can be bought at MSRP. The only thing that would keep me from getting it is the dang fuel capacity. 12gallon tank is ridiculous.

OP
OP
RB2490

RB2490

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Haha. My thoughts exactly. I am waiting for the TypeS since it can be bought at MSRP. The only thing that would keep me from getting it is the dang fuel capacity. 12gallon tank is ridiculous.
If I can get the gas mileage I'm getting now ill take it. Avg 35.3mpg first gas tank. To be fair I drove highway alot but I did do alot of idling. I'm really loving the car and I've been making excuses to drive it often.

BKK Jack

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 LCM/Red ASpec Tech 6MT
I can understand that. I guess what I mean is that walking into a Honda / Toyota would generally give you a better return on investment than a benz or something. That’s all I mean.
Possibly. I remember when only Benzes, BMW's and other high end cars were offered as leases, because they were the only cars that retained their values well enough to make leases financially viable. (Boomer) ;)

OP
OP
RB2490

RB2490

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Possibly. I remember when only Benzes, BMW's and other high end cars were offered as leases, because they were the only cars that retained their values well enough to make leases financially viable. (Boomer) ;)
Definitely not like that anymore. I mean a used 2016-2017 3 series can be had at 25-27k(msrp was probably like 40-45k) while a 2016 civic si is still like 22-23k(msrp probably 24-25) even in these crazy times used bmw and Mercedes not super unreasonable