So many people find out the hard way what this car can do -

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
Today's educational instructor led demo's dished out to -

BMW 740i that punched it next to me off a light then quickly slammed onto the brakes into a nice sweeping turn - better luck next time fren.
Tesla - fastest straight line toaster ever! Uh oh - here comes a turn - bye now mr refridgerator
F150 into a high speed sweeper - don't mind if I do - no brakes here but I see the nose of your truck now studying the pavement intently due to heavy brake application - I'll call if you if I need to haul some furniture

This car is just hilarious, and 99/100 times ends in first place which is just d-e-l-i-c-i-o-u-s.

Embarrassed by Macros Voltron car FTW.
Sponsored

MediaMaster

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CTR, 2024 Ford Maverick
Country flag
My favorite on ramp is a smooth 270 that comes off a 70 mph 4 lane back onto a 4 lane at the top (starts with a flat 90 and then nicely ramps up to finish the last 180 - very well engineered). If I see a clean ramp ahead I love to pass the last car in front of me just before the ramp entrance and then see if I can find them in my mirror when I get to the top - looking, looking, nope not even one within sight. Oh well, better back off here can't get caught at triple digits. ;)

OP
OP
NapalmEnema

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
My favorite on ramp is a smooth 270 that comes off a 70 mph 4 lane back onto a 4 lane at the top (starts with a flat 90 and then nicely ramps up to finish the last 180 - very well engineered). If I see a clean ramp ahead I love to pass the last car in front of me just before the ramp entrance and then see if I can find them in my mirror when I get to the top - looking, looking, nope not even one within sight. Oh well, better back off here can't get caught at triple digits. ;)
I have so many spots I full send when nobody around or I'm first in line so I can see them go 'wtf how' when I come out the other end lolol

GavinOC

First Name
Gavin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FK8 Type R Boost Blue Pearl
Country flag
My current favourite was a C8 Z51 on an uphill drag. Closest thing to a Touge run around here. Few Kms long.

The first comment at the top was “hey, is that thing stock?” 😂

Another plastic ball of American crap built for straight lanes

OP
OP
NapalmEnema

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
My current favourite was a C8 Z51 on an uphill drag. Closest thing to a Touge run around here. Few Kms long.

The first comment at the top was “hey, is that thing stock?” 😂

Another plastic ball of American crap built for straight lanes
Excellent my friend.

Buddy has that Infinity QSwhocares Red edition with 400hp AWD he was CONVINCED on the leaving me and laughing bit when we finally met up.

He still has ptsd from Type R lights all up in his shit when following him home and easily keeping up. ROFL

SmokeGhost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 civic type r
Country flag
I did chase a pair of explorer st on the highway before. It was quite fun until i saw the lights go up and exited quick and in a hurry. 😅

SupraGuy

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Turbo
Country flag
Haven't really put the spurs to her just yet, and will not do so on public streets, but I might try an autocross event.

This turbo doesn't put me back in the seat like the T04 60-1 though. ^_^

SethNES

Banned
Banned
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
My friend got scared riding with me going around some semi sharp bends on a highway going about 90 or so. I felt like I could have gone at least 100+ easy even with crap stock eagles.

Can't wait to get some better tires on it in a few months. Probably going with Continental Extreme Contact DWS06 Plus.

I believe he told me to slow down at least 7-10 times on highway bends during the 40 min trip. I don't think that friend will ride with me again.

Last edited:

cariboublue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R, 2004 Mazda 3
Country flag
Some Charger tried to pass me on the outside on a curvy on ramp the other day, couple of sharp rights and a little chicane. Wasn't even close.

jrow3

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R, 2003 4Runner
Country flag
I mean I hate the Tesla too, but a Model 3 is just as fast as a CTR in the twisties.

(1st in EVX and 2/3rd in D Street at Solo National this year).
Honda Civic 10th gen So many people find out the hard way what this car can do - 1665681407750

Honda Civic 10th gen So many people find out the hard way what this car can do - 1665681451705

Last edited:
OP
OP
NapalmEnema

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I mean I hate the Tesla too, but a Model 3 is just as fast as a CTR in the twisties.

(1st in EVX and 2/3rd in D Street at Solo National this year).
1665681407750.png

1665681451705.png
Not suggesting they aren't or can't - but all the cars I end up leaving have drivers that never push their car other than a quick spurt off a line so they get beaten - by the driver. I don't think the CTR is a supercar, it is simply a car that you can confidently pull off supercar level maneuvers without much fuss and anyone trying the same line in a car, even a car that should be able to do it, don't feel confident enough as their car sits, to meet that moment and drive at those levels / capabilities.

In all things, it comes down to the driver. The Type R with a great driver is very, very hard to beat.

SethNES

Banned
Banned
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Depends a lot on driver also but yeah just as good probably. Be nice if they actually had a change in look on a new generation because now everyone around Austin area looks the same these days with Teslas. It's like that old suv commercial where they make fun of everyone driving the same looking suv. We have almost reverted back to the model t days.
Sponsored