Lots2luv

First Name
Regina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic sport Sedan
Country flag
I traded in my sport sedan on Thursday for a 2021 sport touring and I have so many issues. I had one ordered which will be here on the 18th but the dealership called and said they got one in sooner. I went and test drove it and really liked it. It was raining and cold so I didn’t go over it as well as I should have. After getting it I noticed several issues with it. I have a distorted windshield, a crease in the door, a trim piece in the hatch is broken, scratched up panel where the window controls are, and stone chips in the side view mirrors. The dealership is aware of all of the issues except the stone chips, which I just noticed and said they will take care of it all, but I don’t feel a new car should have of that. My sport I had was perfect when I bought it. I was told most likely it all occurred during transport. Has anyone else had any of these issues? Oh and the latch that holds the floor mat down isn’t staying in the carpet. I noticed that when I changed out the floor mats to the all weather mats.

Honda Civic 10th gen So many issues... FFED9BF0-6CD2-4193-8BB8-F2039A7A9367

Honda Civic 10th gen So many issues... A6A4612C-B989-4867-8667-1902666C2AAA

Honda Civic 10th gen So many issues... 7725C392-AB6E-491C-A954-949DFE667A83

Honda Civic 10th gen So many issues... 8C71EE46-66CF-4E1C-AB3F-7D63796C6834

haltamer

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 (UK / RHD!)
Country flag
Is this the one that was ordered for you, or just another that was brought into stock?

Couldn't you wait for your original assignment?

OP
OP
Lots2luv

Lots2luv

First Name
Regina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Is this the one that was ordered for you, or just another that was brought into stock?

Couldn't you wait for your original assignment?
This is one they got in stock. For some reason they offered it for a much better price if I would buy it before the end of the year. I’m assuming for a bonus or something?? I could have waited but the discount sounded good. I got it for 25,500 with 5 miles on it. The salesman said that clean up or service should have noticed the problems but for some reason they didn’t. I was told by the sales manager they will take care of me no matter what. I have considered just asking if they will trade it out for the one that was ordered. I’m not sure they will do that though.

ATX_Si

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe (gone). 2018 Accord EX-L 1.5t (gone) 2020 Audi Q3 S-Line. 2018 Accord Sport 2.0T 6MT
Country flag
for a bonus
nailed it. i just got my accord for a much better deal than i would have gotten because the guy was upfront about needing the car for his end of the year bonus. i was buying used on a rare car so i jumped knowing full well what i was getting and got a deal because it was 12/31. this is pretty shitty on them just to push a lot car on you for their bonus. its hard to say no when prices get cut but i'd damn sure make sure they make it right after your sales guy got a nice fat check because of you.

OP
OP
Lots2luv

Lots2luv

First Name
Regina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
nailed it. i just got my accord for a much better deal than i would have gotten because the guy was upfront about needing the car for his end of the year bonus. i was buying used on a rare car so i jumped knowing full well what i was getting and got a deal because it was 12/31. this is pretty shitty on them just to push a lot car on you for their bonus. its hard to say no when prices get cut but i'd damn sure make sure they make it right after your sales guy got a nice fat check because of you.
Yeah I bought it on the 31st. If it wasn’t cold and raining I would of looked it over a lot better. I did get a good deal on it compared the the normal asking price. I made sure to get them to write it out on the We owe form. They also asked that I take care of them on the survey from Honda so they actually get the bonus. I just got it today. I plan to wait until I get the car back to fill it out. ? If it was used I could overlook it but not with it being new. I saved about $5,000 on it. They know me and know I’ll go all the way to the top if I have to. This is my 3rd purchase from them. That’s another reason I can’t believe I have issues with it. They have been great in the past.

ATX_Si

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe (gone). 2018 Accord EX-L 1.5t (gone) 2020 Audi Q3 S-Line. 2018 Accord Sport 2.0T 6MT
Country flag
I saved about $5,000 on it.
thats a hell of a deal. hopefully they treat you right as a repeat customer. good luck, keep us posted.

dem2757

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 FK7
Country flag
My latch on my 2018 hatch also wants to “come out” of the carpet. It’s fairly secure though so I just won’t play with it and I rarely am removing the mats. Of course yours is a new car....lol

shoegazer

assistant to the assistant manager
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Coupe 2.0 (CVT)
Country flag
Kentucky has a three day law thingy re: 'buyers remorse'. Check it.

clayky

First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag
Yeah I bought it on the 31st. If it wasn’t cold and raining I would of looked it over a lot better. I did get a good deal on it compared the the normal asking price. I made sure to get them to write it out on the We owe form. They also asked that I take care of them on the survey from Honda so they actually get the bonus. I just got it today. I plan to wait until I get the car back to fill it out. ? If it was used I could overlook it but not with it being new. I saved about $5,000 on it. They know me and know I’ll go all the way to the top if I have to. This is my 3rd purchase from them. That’s another reason I can’t believe I have issues with it. They have been great in the past.
Which KY dealer is it?

jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag
If it had only 5 miles on it, then there's not that much shady about it. Likely they are right and all of those flaws were errors during the transport phase of the car. If they are willing to fix all of it at no expense to you and you saved $5,000, then I would be patting myself on the back for scoring a nice deal.

OP
OP
Lots2luv

Lots2luv

First Name
Regina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Which KY dealer is it?
The dealer I went to is Sisk but they got it from D-Patrick in Evansville. I have purchased from Sisk before and have never had a problem with them taking care of things. I’m pretty sure they will take care of it this time too. I think it’s really D-Patrick that should of caught the problems before even dealer trading it. Since they didn’t though it seems like Sisk should have. Even my salesman said they should of caught it at least in service. I take it tomorrow to drop it off so they can start to correct the issues. He said the windshield will take a little while because they have to get Honda to approve it and then order one.

OP
OP
Lots2luv

Lots2luv

First Name
Regina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
If it had only 5 miles on it, then there's not that much shady about it. Likely they are right and all of those flaws were errors during the transport phase of the car. If they are willing to fix all of it at no expense to you and you saved $5,000, then I would be patting myself on the back for scoring a nice deal.
I agree. I don’t think they are being shady and have said they will take care of it regardless. I just hate that I have so many problems with it. Thankfully none are mechanical but I wouldn’t expect that many defects on a new car. I’m guessing it was partly from transporting it and the other from when they pulled the plastic off of the interior. I hope it will be just like new when they get done with it. They are providing me with a loaner vehicle too.

Phy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Civic HB ST, '18 Civic HB EX, '04 Ford Ranger
Country flag
They didn't notice the flaws because they were hoping you wouldn't notice the flaws.

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag
So what's the problem? The only issue is they did not look over the car presale, because they were in a hurry to fit another sale in the last year. They could have missed some of the smaller issues even if they did inspect it. Complain after they refuse to correct.

Who cares if there once was a scratch on the door buttons panel after they replace it with a brand new cheap chunk of plastic? You have not been violated yet, the car still qualified as a virgin when sold, and the price was right.

The dealers always fix small and not so small imperfections and issues that may have happened during transport before sale, if they notice them, and in those (very common) cases many owners think they bought a perfect car only because they are unaware of what was fixed. Automobile dealers as a rule don't return cosmetically imperfect cars to manufacturer, nor do they sell them at a discount as "scratch and dent," like refrigerators or furniture. They fix such issues and sell as new.

OP
OP
Lots2luv

Lots2luv

First Name
Regina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Just a follow up. I got my car back today from the dealership. They had it for 20 days. Everything is fixed on it except the windshield. They replaced it but the new one still has the distortion in it that the other one did. They said they will order another one but I have a feeling it will have it too. Does anyone else have the distortion in the windshield about a inch or so from the bottom all the way across?
Sponsored