So it happened afterall.

lexro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic LX 2006, Civic Sedan Sport 2019, Type R 2021
Country flag
I'm so careful when it comes to not giving my car any curb rash. like, I would go as far as adjusting the side mirror downward to see the curb when i parallel park. But i guess as much as you pay attention, lapse in judgement happen and my roasted chicken takeout tasted like tears today lollll.

went through 6 months on OEM without a single scratch on them and then winter comes. Tada~
Honda Civic 10th gen So it happened afterall. 20211217_133757
Honda Civic 10th gen So it happened afterall. 20211217_125928

both fron and rear passenger side. Fast wheels FC04.

scraped the underside of the skirt too but no visual damage and structural change. suddenly feeling good that we have faux CF skirts haha, less emotional damage

thank God this is all I got... could have been worse. had the sidewalk been taller.

good news is the hit seem to nudge something in the undercarriage and the rattling noise that used to bother me for a few weeks now is...kind of gone?

stay safe out there fellow FK8 owners :)

Last edited:

GGinMP

First Name
GG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR
Country flag
I scraped my front passenger wheel the first week I had my car. I got some black nail polish and touched it up and it's very hard to notice now. I didn't even bother sanding the scrapes flat as I didn't want to make things worse; the polish helped smooth it out as well as covered the metallic color showing through.

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
Ouch - been there.

Just find a good used set to replace those two if you like the stockers (that's what I ended up doing)

danfg2

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Platinum White Pearl Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I hate this.....at Mcdonalds it's 2 lanes and the inner lane turns so abruptly that you will curb your rims if you don't go slightly into the other lane

OP
OP
lexro

lexro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Ouch - been there.

Just find a good used set to replace those two if you like the stockers (that's what I ended up doing)
I got this set with the winter tires as used with 1,000 km usage, practically mint. unfortunately they did not last long in my possession lol.

I wanted to go with Gramlight/ray 6 spokes style anyway so these just got demoted from all year round use to winter-i-don't-really-give-an-F-anymore set haha

OP
OP
lexro

lexro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I hate this.....at Mcdonalds it's 2 lanes and the inner lane turns so abruptly that you will curb your rims if you don't go slightly into the other lane
yeah it was a pretty narrow entrance into the parking lot. wouldve been ok if i was by myself. but i was talking to my coworker in the car at the same time so....completely on me for being distracted.

some ppl had a ouuuuhhhh face seeing the incident. I just shrugged and said : ah...i'm asian, what can you do. I don't know how to drive. lol

Quip

First Name
Paper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rallye Red
Country flag
I use a black sharpie on the rock chips on my oem wheels. I’m at the point where I’m use to the paint chips on this car

danfg2

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Platinum White Pearl Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
yeah it was a pretty narrow entrance into the parking lot. wouldve been ok if i was by myself. but i was talking to my coworker in the car at the same time so....completely on me for being distracted.

some ppl had a ouuuuhhhh face seeing the incident. I just shrugged and said : ah...i'm asian, what can you do. I don't know how to drive. lol
I just hate that I was so attentive everyday and mindful of curbs and then 1 day you just underestimate where the curb is at and you curb your wheel

OP
OP
lexro

lexro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I just hate that I was so attentive everyday and mindful of curbs and then 1 day you just underestimate where the curb is at and you curb your wheel
tbh i basically scraped along the entire passenger side. was just ultra lucky the curb wasn't tall enough to cause visible damage.

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Si FC3, 17’ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22’ RL RTL-E
Country flag
I did it in a Popeyes parking lot. I was pissed for days. I’m super OCD when I park too.

I parked backwards next to an angled curb and forgot it was at an angle when i pulled out and turned right into it.

Honda Civic 10th gen So it happened afterall. A5249698-4DC3-46AF-811E-21BD456B0905

Last edited:

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
Just to dredge up old pain and make some of you feel better - In my 2019 R right after replacing my wheels on my last car for a nasty double rash on both wheels - some cop decided to walk up the exit ramp of my parking garage for... reasons? So I had to cut my turn a bit to dodge him - what he heard next was the ping of my wheel then me screaming my head off. (not at the cop, just generalized rage at pranging a new wheel lol)

I was so pissed.

I drove off because what can you do - but why WHY did he have to do that? LOL

So far <knock on wood> the 21 is still 100% lol

Last edited:

wildbilly32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Porsche C4S 19 CTR #24184 19 Volvo XC40 R
Country flag
I mildly curb rashed one of my front wheels. Purchased the proper color from Dr. ColorChip, touched the rash up and drove on.

fatherpain

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR - CW, 1996 Honda Accord EX coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
On the bright side, at least this happened on stock rims, if a cosmetic touch up isn’t enough….Used replacement’s should be plentiful and readily available, depending where you are located.