So I went to the Honda dealer today

Ron R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Sedan
Country flag
You did the right thing and kept your '19 SI. Also the Blue color looks great and it was my other choice.

Just get some nice Black Rims and do some mods. Keep your SI and if you want something different down the road, wait for the 11th generation one.

You made the right choice.
Sponsored

OP
OP
maggs_10thgen

maggs_10thgen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe Old whips: 2005 RSX Type S, 2015 Civic Si Coupe, 1998 Integra GSR Green, 1998 Integra GSR Red
Country flag
You did the right thing and kept your '19 SI. Also the Blue color looks great and it was my other choice.

Just get some nice Black Rims and do some mods. Keep your SI and if you want something different down the road, wait for the 11th generation one.

You made the right choice.
Thanks bro! I ordered a clean set of OEM LEDs from a member here with a Type R who upgraded. That and some black rims and the car should be straight :thumbsup: Glad I didn't trade the car in.

Last edited:
OP
OP
maggs_10thgen

maggs_10thgen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe Old whips: 2005 RSX Type S, 2015 Civic Si Coupe, 1998 Integra GSR Green, 1998 Integra GSR Red
Country flag
Smart Move Bro!
Yea man very happy. The two biggest things I really wanted in the refresh were the LEDs and black rims. I'm an old school OEM dude when it comes to rims. For all intents and purposes, the cars are about the same speed with the same engine. The seats look good with and without the red highlights on the blue. I like both front vents around the same. The sound tech and safety features are fantastic.. But I can live without them.

Last edited:

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
Yea man very happy. The two biggest things I really wanted in the refresh were the LEDs and black rims. I'm an old school OEM dude when it comes to rims. For all intensive purposes the cars are about the same speed with the same engine. The seats look good with and without the red highlights on the blue. I like both front vents around the same. The sound tech and safety features are fantastic.. But I can live without them.
Good move not to trade it in since I bought my civic in 2018 I haven’t looked at another car since. I would like to keep my civic for a long time. If the new gen looks as good or better than this one I might trade it in ( that’s if they still have a coupe a SI possibly with a DCT :hmm:)

Ron R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Sedan
Country flag
Yea man very happy. The two biggest things I really wanted in the refresh were the LEDs and black rims. I'm an old school OEM dude when it comes to rims. For all intensive purposes the cars are about the same speed with the same engine. The seats look good with and without the red highlights on the blue. I like both front vents around the same. The sound tech and safety features are fantastic.. But I can live without them.
To be honest I like the Red SI you were looking at, but I like your blue one better.

The money you saved go with OEM black rims. The mistake I did on my '08 Jetta is cheap rims. They looks good, but the wheel bore is too large and there was bad vibration and difficult to align. I had to by a set of wheel spacers. There is still very slight vibration between 76 to 82 mph.

Have fun modding:)

OP
OP
maggs_10thgen

maggs_10thgen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
To be honest I like the Red SI you were looking at, but I like your blue one better.

The money you saved go with OEM black rims. The mistake I did on my '08 Jetta is cheap rims. They looks good, but the wheel bore is too large and there was bad vibration and difficult to align. I had to by a set of wheel spacers. There is still very slight vibration between 76 to 82 mph.

Have fun modding:)
All the colors are nice. Every single one. And the red on black looks classic. It looks flashy AF all shined up. The blue is my personal favorite color though. It just has amazing tones depending on lighting. It can flip flop to almost a dark purple, to a deep blue to a light blue. Again, not saying mine is the best :D It's all personal opinion. I'd still take yellow, red, black, white, silver, grey, energy green and so on.

MaxPower

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si sedan ABM, 2017 CR-V EX, formerly 2005 Saab 9-2x, 1986 Prelude Si
Country flag
Honestly, I'm not the grammar nazi type - but I tell you the following because for years, I made the same mistake myself, and I was appreciative when I was finally corrected. It's "for all intents and purposes"

On topic: clearly you made the right call. If it were me, the regret of making a bad financial decision would outweigh the joy of the 2020's minor upgrades. I'd probably be annoyed at myself every time I looked at the new car.

OP
OP
maggs_10thgen

maggs_10thgen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Honestly, I'm not the grammar nazi type - but I tell you the following because for years, I made the same mistake myself, and I was appreciative when I was finally corrected. It's "for all intents and purposes"

On topic: clearly you made the right call. If it were me, the regret of making a bad financial decision would outweigh the joy of the 2020's minor upgrades. I'd probably be annoyed at myself every time I looked at the new car.
I don't know what you're talking about :p ;)