Snow tires and winter wheels

thatwhiteSi

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
I was going to get some winters but fuck it. Just going to rock the stock 18's/all seasons that come on the Si. I'll save that money spent on rims and tires for the winter and buy something bad ass for the summer.
Sponsored

AdamsSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Model 3 LR AWD
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Good for you. These WS80 are supposed to be the best studless winter tires.
How are they? Hope they are not too, too bad as compared to your summer tires

About 600 miles on them now. Ride is certainly more "squishy" than the HPTs. Softer corners with higher sidewall, all expected though. Running them at 40 psi with minimal increase in road noise and NO loss of MPGs. Still 35 mpg or greater. Certainly a successful purchase in my book!

Akula

mis3

First Name
PT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes, 2018 SI Coupe
Country flag
I was going to get some winters but fuck it. Just going to rock the stock 18's/all seasons that come on the Si. I'll save that money spent on rims and tires for the winter and buy something bad ass for the summer.
Same thoughts here, also in Ontario. My thought is since the stock tires are subpar, might as well use them up for a few months and buy good performance summer tires next spring,

Hope our stock all-seasons are OK this winter. If not, I will have no choice but to get 17-inch alloys and winter tires.

bakerjal

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si Coupe
Country flag
I plan on (next year) just using the stock rims for winter tires and getting aftermarket rims that are the exact same size for summer tires. Then I can swap them on my own without messing with the alignment.

skullmurdoc

First Name
Frederick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic SI sedan 2017 , Civic SI sedan 2013
Country flag
We got some snow this weekend in Montreal. The Stock All-Season are really bad on compact snow and ice.

mis3

First Name
PT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes, 2018 SI Coupe
Country flag
We got some snow this weekend in Montreal. The Stock All-Season are really bad on compact snow and ice.
Crap. I was hoping to use up the stock all-season tires this winter.
My previous car was RWD so I was hoping this front drive car is better.

skullmurdoc

First Name
Frederick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic SI sedan 2017 , Civic SI sedan 2013
Country flag
Crap. I was hoping to use up the stock all-season tires this winter.
I think it would put yourself and others in danger. But try it for a while. You will see by yourself if it's adequate for you.