Snow tires and rims for a 2016 Coupe touring.

Troy Jollimore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring, 2018 VW Golf
Country flag
Which won't be enough to change anything. You could probably go down to 35mm and still be under your fenders.
Sponsored

Farcry1010

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
Which won't be enough to change anything. You could probably go down to 35mm and still be under your fenders.
Well they say that you shouldn't go more than a 5mm difference than stock. Going from 45 to 55. Your making more work of your tires and less stability so it's your safety. If you get into a spin or wipeout. That 20 mm might make a diffence of saving the spin or even flipping your car or not. That 20 mm came from 10 mm on both wheels.

Troy Jollimore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Nah. 2cms had better not make THAT much of a difference! Someone mentioned moving the wheels out making the suspension 'slower' or something. Err, no.

What they DON'T want is the setup I passed today. A late '80s Civic hatch running POSITIVE offset wheels. So imagine 4 inches of wheel/tire sticking out from under the fender. I know this kid would tell me to f*ck off by my telling him it's illegal, but I'd hope he'd have listened to my story about a near-identical car and setup that was around 15 years earlier or so. Was only a matter of weeks before I saw him on the side of the road, where the wheel had torn the hub right off the car...

Farcry1010

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
Nah. 2cms had better not make THAT much of a difference! Someone mentioned moving the wheels out making the suspension 'slower' or something. Err, no.

What they DON'T want is the setup I passed today. A late '80s Civic hatch running POSITIVE offset wheels. So imagine 4 inches of wheel/tire sticking out from under the fender. I know this kid would tell me to f*ck off by my telling him it's illegal, but I'd hope he'd have listened to my story about a near-identical car and setup that was around 15 years earlier or so. Was only a matter of weeks before I saw him on the side of the road, where the wheel had torn the hub right off the car...
True. But I won't tell you to F off. But if you said you went the other way like to a 35mm offset than at least it's more stable. Suspension 'works' harder but more stable.
But not much of a difference. I just stated what 'rule of thumb' is. So it's your preference. Your car do what you want to it. Whatever works. That's the glory of it. I like to keep it looking clean stylish and I think the factory offset looks great. My 42 mm winter set looks good with the skinnier tires.

andrewd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic touring
Anyone have any recommendations for good snow tires and rims for a 2016 Coupe touring? Also, I'm in Canada.
I purchased General Altamax Artics for my previous Civic 16 on steel wheels you can go thru anything with them !!!!!!!!!!!

Troy Jollimore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
True. But I won't tell you to F off. But if you said you went the other way like to a 35mm offset than at least it's more stable. Suspension 'works' harder but more stable.
But not much of a difference. I just stated what 'rule of thumb' is. So it's your preference. Your car do what you want to it. Whatever works. That's the glory of it. I like to keep it looking clean stylish and I think the factory offset looks great. My 42 mm winter set looks good with the skinnier tires.
The difference is still only a cm or so. I ran 35mm offset on my Passat. Just made it look a bit 'meaner'. Didn't matter one whit to the suspension. It has more of an effect on it when you lower the car, without properly adjusting things.

*Sigh* Winter is coming... Have to start planning for my next wheels and tires. Those Aries rims from Costco look nice, but are a bit pricey compared to the regular 'junk' wheels I'd look at. Older Civic alloys are dear as well!

Farcry1010

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
The difference is still only a cm or so. I ran 35mm offset on my Passat. Just made it look a bit 'meaner'. Didn't matter one whit to the suspension. It has more of an effect on it when you lower the car, without properly adjusting things.

*Sigh* Winter is coming... Have to start planning for my next wheels and tires. Those Aries rims from Costco look nice, but are a bit pricey compared to the regular 'junk' wheels I'd look at. Older Civic alloys are dear as well!
I'm set with my steelies. Lol. What Aries rims are u looking at from Costco. Do you have a pic? When my steelies get all rusted up maybe I'll look at a set. Ha
Sponsored