Snow tires and rims for a 2016 Coupe touring.

CdnColin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2O16 Civic Touring 'WOP', 2016 HRV EXL w/nav. 'Milano Red'
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Best bet would be to get some 15"-16" steel wheels and some cheap snow tires to pop on the front on a bad day. No more than it snows here, it'd be a waste of time for me though.

Winters are meant to be put on all four corners. I can be dangerous to put just two on the front.
Sponsored

Kindred1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
Cool. Thanks. I like the idea of dropping size, but I'm pretty sure any kind of stud is illegal in Southern Ontario. You guys up North get a pass. I'll check out the Hakkas, though. Are alloy rims better than steel? Most of the guys I see changing over seem to use steel rims.
Studs are illegal throughout all of Ontario and have been for years.

Farcry1010

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
Anyone have any recommendations for good snow tires and rims for a 2016 Coupe touring? Also, I'm in Canada.
I went to tire rack and took the recommended combo which were Continentals and with basic black steel rims which were downsized to 16's making my sidewall bigger on my tires for the potholes and such. It was a great ride this last winter. Tirerack also included the mounting and balancing and new lug nuts for the thinner rim. (Alloys are thicker).
Also mentioned was the tire pressure monitoring system. The Honda uses the ABS sensors for this and sees that if one tire rotates faster than the others this means the tire is losing air. No worrying about 'actual' sensors inside tires. And every time you change tire pressures or you change your winter set out for your summer set of tires you have to hit the recalibrate TPMS system on the cars system menus. This will 'learn' the new tires circumferences.
Hope this helps

OP
OP
CanadaNeal

CanadaNeal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe Touring White Orchid Pearl
Vehicle Showcase
Great info from everyone here, so far. Thanks to everyone for the wonderful tips! This forum is a fantastic resource. So glad I joined. Cheers!
I'll be dropping to 16" on steel. We'll shop around for tires in the fall. According to my Dealership (who will price match), there are rebate offers that only appear in the fall, so we'll finalize then.

Thanks again!

Ultrafrozen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gavnzdad
... According to my Dealership (who will price match), there are rebate offers that only appear in the fall, so we'll finalize then.

Thanks again!
Ya, I tried that and when I showed them the price I had on the set of Hakka 8's the dealer backed out and said "Oh, we can't get those". So much for Honda's price match promise.

OP
OP
CanadaNeal

CanadaNeal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe Touring White Orchid Pearl
Vehicle Showcase
Ya, I tried that and when I showed them the price I had on the set of Hakka 8's the dealer backed out and said "Oh, we can't get those". So much for Honda's price match promise.
Honda Tire Source Lowest Price Guarantee
If you find a lower advertised price within 30 days of purchasing any of the following tire brands (Michelin, Toyo Tires, Goodyear, BF Goodrich, Dunlop, Firestone, Uniroyal, Hankook, Yokohama, General Tires and Continental), your participating Honda dealer will match the lower price.

That's for my location in Ontario, Canada.

Deleted User 1886347

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'll never be able to go there then. :cool:
I wouldn't. Not worth the gas or time. Seriously. :thumbsup:

I found some nice Momo alloys from Canadian Tire a few weeks ago for $110 each on sale, they were 16 inch and figured they'd be perfect for the winter months. Figured they'll go on sale again. Pairing them with Hankook iPike Winter Tires which are the same price. So $880 plus hardware, install and balance, and taxes, about $1100 all in I'd say, and that's a rough estimate.
Either that or I go with the steelies and get some nice hubcaps and have the package for under $850. But there's a voice inside my head, saying "Spend more now, regret it later". :banghead:
Sponsored