Smoking after prolonged idle. Turbo or PCV?

alxgravel

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic si 2017
Country flag
Well I just got my appointment, they said nothing was abnormal. It's due to my catless not burning all fuel. So nothing to be worry from now anyway data log each time I take the car and all data seems is normal and one of my friend said I was making some smog since catless but I didn't think its was like that. Maybe the cold weather don't help now. So now they are looking only for my air conditioning on driver side it's blowing warm air.

OP
OP
bbeem

bbeem

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 si sedan, FZ1, CR450R, Shadow 750
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It's been ethanol tuned for 3 years. I respectfully beat it. I'll rip it only after warming it up driving at least 10 mins. Slow shift. Don't floor it below 3k RPM. Try not to spin the tires. Don't boost the last few mins of any drive. Always check and change the fluids... That being said it usually sees full load most days, I do a few on ramps WOT at least.

Thse head gaskets are super thin between the cylinders with a coolant channel running between to make it worse! It's just a matter of time be before it blows at 320 ft lbs. Head studs fixed the issue the second time.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Based on the "Smoking after prolonged idle" topic title, I was expecting something like this. o_O

Honda Civic 10th gen Smoking after prolonged idle. Turbo or PCV? 500_F_280798875_qUYbJvdurzbsM1Jm5JHdtdnhkuwOgoCN
Honda Civic 10th gen Smoking after prolonged idle. Turbo or PCV? istockphoto-1291070669-612x612

Yosteak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 honda civic si
Country flag
I am running the rv6 turbo and it started to happen also to me be sometimes white smoke and sometimes blue smoke. Mines smoke while driving I notice that around 2k to 2.5k Rpm it starts to smoke. I change the pcv valve and nothing changes hopefully some one can shed some light on the issues

alxgravel

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic si 2017
Country flag
Have an update for my car. The problem going worst now always smoke at idle if I give some trottle. This year I did the ARP stud so now no more head gasket problem. 2 week after the head gasket job and some track... I think I ended up the turbo.I heard a little wine after the some boost that is new. So maybe the turbo started to going bad and this years with alot of track session maybe this ended up if life. Suprising no code error, knock control still at 0.49.

Well this turbo did is job : 40k km untuned and 140k km tuned. So who said the turbo is not reliable do your maintenance and all should be good.

I Think it's time to upgrade the turbo.
I'm giving my car at my dealer today and will have more news next week.

I'm waiting for the dealer result and if it's the turbo I think I'm going on the side of ( we like to party ) with Vargas GC+.

To much good result and post from the community.

Last edited:

alxgravel

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic si 2017
Country flag
Finded the problem after new turbo upgrade we change valve steam seal.
No more puff on idle or start up.
Sponsored