Small splashes on the rear bumper On Honda Civic sport hatchback (white pearl). Is this from exhaust fumes?

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
That likely wouldn't be from exhaust fumes. Could be artillery fungus.

Have you tried (carefully and gently) using a clay bar (with quick detailing spray as a lube) to see if that helps?

Last edited:

Fit2Hatch

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Hatchback Sport
Country flag
First off - DO Not use clay bar, just because. Unless you willing to follow up with a complete machine polish/correction. Although clay bar with subsequent machine polish to prep is great and necessary-read on the third paragraph.

Secondly, since Hatchback style rear end exposes to different turbulence scenario comparing to other design style. Exhaust fumes and particulates as well as other air borne contaminants can deposit onto rear bumper and even vertical surface. It is not unique on your Hatchback! In the Corvette world, C5/C6 in particular, bumper rear end is one vertical surface, which has been a nuisance since the beginning of production.

Aside being unsightly, and to combat possible eventual damage, as well as easy maintenance, it is best to prep surface and apply protection. Long term protection can be using expensive film or cheaper ceramic coating.

On a personal note, my C6, I first ceramic coated it on 2009 and the second application was 2018 and my wife's 2018 Hatchback Sport was coated same time. Maintenance consist of wash, follow with no touch blow dry, using MasterBlaster and after, simply walk away.

Sorry for the long wind, but the moral of the story is not to simply using clay bar w/lube!

GL motoring!!