Slow to set cruise control Hbelow it to 100kmh, an set the but it was

CivicXI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EX-T, Civic EX HB
Country flag
I find the set button easy to set. One tap 1km increment, long press 10km increment (rounded to the nearest whole 10km value)

Maybe peeps just have faulty buttons that have become sensitive the duration of the tap.
So long press is always a set value at 10km? I hold mine down and it'll increase progressively.
Sponsored

motoguy128

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring Sedan
The civic always crusies at 1mph...or 2kph below setpoint. Not sure why. Plus with new tires, it reads about 1mph slow on top of that. But that's typical for most cars.

It's at least smooth. The CC in our CR-V is the jerkiest I've ever encountered. Varies by about 2 mph compared to <1mph and RPM's constantly curge up and down on even level ground. the transmission logic is out of synch with the latency of the cruise control logic. Basically transmission downshifts as the CC requists more throttle, the CC overshoots so it back off the throttle, then transmission upshifts, to prevent a rubber band feel the transmisson holds the gear as the CC applies throttle again as it falls below setpoint.... and the cycle repeats.

AndyAndromeda-AUS

AndyAndromeda
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 10th Gen - Vti-LX (Australia)
Country flag
Good to know. Thanks.
I will try it when I can drive again. I am stuck inside today because of an ice storm which blesses us with huge amount of freezing rain since yesterday. Yesterday alone there were 600 accidents in a Toronto highway.
I don't know how people live in places where it snows. It doesn't snow here.

AndyAndromeda-AUS

AndyAndromeda
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I'll +1 for faulty buttons as I have no issues in mine. 1 click for 1KM (or mile) and a longer press will get 5. I have never held longer than enough to get 5 so now I will have to go try for 10 today.
I doubt you will get 10. Remember that 5 miles is roughly 10 km so you are getting the same value from the long press.

frontlinegeek

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CRV Touring, 2017 Civic EX Sedan Honda Sensing
Country flag
I doubt you will get 10. Remember that 5 miles is roughly 10 km so you are getting the same value from the long press.
I tried yesterday and when the car is in KM, it is only 1 for 1 click or 5 at a time when you hold for 2 seconds. If you keep holding, it increments in 5km jumps. I haven't bothered to try when set on MPH as I don't need that often but I suspect it is the same math in the programming.

repeet

Threads
Reaction score
Website
jesus7feasts.fyi
Vehicle(s)
'23 BRZ
Country flag
My Si varies one to two mph from the set point, and then starts wondering from there.

My '85 Vette had a digital dash and would lock into the set point and not vary. Of course I had almost four times the displacement.

The Si in either mode is embarrassingly sloppy.

OP
OP

mis3

First Name
PT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes, 2018 SI Coupe
Country flag
My '85 Vette had a digital dash and would lock into the set point and not vary. Of course I had almost four times the displacement.
The Si in either mode is embarrassingly sloppy.
Same here. My previous car, a 14-year old Mercedes, would set the speed at the set point precisely.
I am surprised that this is a challenge for Honda with today’s technology. The SI cruise control works the same as my 1999 Prelude, at least in user experience.

frontlinegeek

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Same here. My previous car, a 14-year old Mercedes, would set the speed at the set point precisely.
I am surprised that this is a challenge for Honda with today’s technology. The SI cruise control works the same as my 1999 Prelude, at least in user experience.
I find that in my EX, if I turn off Eco, it has no issue with maintaining the set speed.

Also, to my earlier post, I did switch to MPH this morning on the way to work and it is the same as KPH. One click = one unit of speed. Press and hold adds 5 units at a time. Unit of measure is irrelevant.

AndyAndromeda-AUS

AndyAndromeda
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yeah but you have that huge hole in the ozone layer, I’ll take snow over that.
Mmmm no we dont.

I think your thinking of Antarctica. And its not really a hole, more so a thinning of the ozone layer, and occurs in Spring of each year.

But overall air pollution would be worse in North America, compared to the ozone problem in Antartica.

AndyAndromeda-AUS

AndyAndromeda
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I find that in my EX, if I turn off Eco, it has no issue with maintaining the set speed.

Also, to my earlier post, I did switch to MPH this morning on the way to work and it is the same as KPH. One click = one unit of speed. Press and hold adds 5 units at a time. Unit of measure is irrelevant.
They must have designed it different for the Australian market then. We wouldnt have a use for 5km/h increments here.

Id assume the same 10km/h increments would apply for the rest of South East Asian models as well.

frontlinegeek

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
They must have designed it different for the Australian market then. We wouldnt have a use for 5km/h increments here.

Id assume the same 10km/h increments would apply for the rest of South East Asian models as well.
Certainly a possibility where there are certain trim options and feature packages that are unique to certain markets. Like the Hatch Sport Touring 6 speed manual is only in Canada. So it stands to reason they have customized the software for markets where they figured they should.

OP
OP

mis3

First Name
PT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes, 2018 SI Coupe
Country flag
Same here in Canada. I tried today and there is no 5kmh jump at all.
Sponsored