dennis885

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Civic LX Coupe
Country flag
My car is about 13 months old and has 11,xxx miles. About 3 weeks ago my tire pressure light came on and sure enough I checked it and the right front tire was at 25psi. The others were also a little low but all around 30psi. I filled them all to the specs on the door jamb (32 rear, 33 front I believe).

Tonight, same thing. I once again didn’t find anything in the tire itself, and I’ve never hit a pothole or anything hard enough to damage the rims. I’m going to check for debris again tomorrow. Anyone else have a similar issue? My main concern is safety and even wear. I have tire insurance that will replace a tire due to road debris or potholes down to 3/32nds but I’m not sure I have much of a case for that if it’s a slow leak.

Thank you
Sponsored

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My car is about 13 months old and has 11,xxx miles. About 3 weeks ago my tire pressure light came on and sure enough I checked it and the right front tire was at 25psi. The others were also a little low but all around 30psi. I filled them all to the specs on the door jamb (32 rear, 33 front I believe).

Tonight, same thing. I once again didn’t find anything in the tire itself, and I’ve never hit a pothole or anything hard enough to damage the rims. I’m going to check for debris again tomorrow. Anyone else have a similar issue? My main concern is safety and even wear. I have tire insurance that will replace a tire due to road debris or potholes down to 3/32nds but I’m not sure I have much of a case for that if it’s a slow leak.

Thank you
1) After you filled them all to spec, did you do a recalibrate for your tire pressure monitoring system? (it doesn’t have TPMS sensors, it runs off the ABS sensors)

2) If you are actually seeing pressure consistently go down... do a soap bubble test. It’s usually the valve stems slowly leaking when there’s noting visually stuck in the tire.

OP
OP

dennis885

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Civic LX Coupe
Country flag
I did recalibrate after filling them, and the system does seem to be correct because both times the same tire was noticeably lower.

Good idea on the bubbles and valve stem, I will give it a try this weekend. Thanks for the suggestion I didn’t even think of that.

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Si FC3, 17’ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22’ RL RTL-E
Country flag
I had a slow leak in my 2017 Si with the stock tires. It’s possible your stock goodyear tire had developed a leak. If it continues over the next few weeks, see if the dealership and remount the tire for free under warranty.

ltrinh

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
When my car was about 2 weeks old, I ran over a nail once and I did not know. I thought the sensor was wrong. I went to the dealer and asked them to check the sensor. Then I brought the car back a few days later. They spotted the nail but it was too close to the side and refused to plug it. They recommended new tire. I brought to Le Schwab tire center, they used smaller patch and were ably to patch it... For free. Such a nice service from them.

If you cannot find the leak, it may be worth bringing it in a good tire shop. They may dunk it under water and check for bubbles. Good luck, I know its annoying and can be dangerous too.

longthaitran91

Suiton20
First Name
Long
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 honda civic si
Country flag
It might be those Goodyear stock tires. When I first got my car, every month I always had to refill my tires. At first I assumed it had to do with dropping temps, but ever since I put a new set of tires, I noticed the tire pressure always stayed consistent even in cold weather.

aighead

Threads
Reaction score
Website
snortcoffee.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 1988 Ford f250, 2004 Honda vtx1300
Country flag
I also have a slow leak on one of mine. I figured out which it was, I think it was on the back at the time, and replaced both rear tires. It has since slowed down but still leaks a little. 2017 Si, with stock tires.

Edit- Crimoney. Between this thread and this thread it seems it's not a one off, like the dealership says everything is... I really like my car but it's a shame we have recurring issues like this happening.

nizarz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX
Country flag
It might be those Goodyear stock tires. When I first got my car, every month I always had to refill my tires. At first I assumed it had to do with dropping temps, but ever since I put a new set of tires, I noticed the tire pressure always stayed consistent even in cold weather.
You guys get Goodyear Tires stock in the US?

Anjuna

First Name
Mal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si Sedan
Country flag
I got Bad Years stock on mine in Canada. Had the exact same problem as OP. Since I've switched to Pirelli's they've been great. And I live in Vancouver, where the temps go from 13° to -1° pretty FH every day.
Sponsored