Missbrunettebeauty

First Name
Florence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17'civic hatchback LX, 15' CBR 300R
Country flag
I was thinking once the brakes are gone low I was gonna change the rotors as well as the pads,.

Anyone have any idea on this and if they are better then oem?
Sponsored

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Do you track your car or just daily? Blank rotors will last the longest and are cheaper. Slotted will help keep your pads flat and give a little more performance but will wear out your pads faster. Slotted and drilled will also wear out your pads faster as well as being more prone to cracking.

Skip the drilled for a street car, not at all worth it.

Your pad choice with fresh fluid will affect the performance more than the rotor. I'd get a nice set of EBC redstuff pads (@Unity Performance) and blank rotors for daily, slotted rotors for spirited driving/ occasional track.

Mrbadwrench

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic ex-t sedan
Country flag
I just installed hawk 5.0 pads and slotted stoptech rotors. It honestly feels like stock for autocross and street.

Unity Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Current Fleet: 18 Si, 20 FK8, 23 FL5
Country flag
I just installed hawk 5.0 pads and slotted stoptech rotors. It honestly feels like stock for autocross and street.
First stop or two the pads may feel the same, but after that there will be a steep increase in brake fade. I've tracked on stock pads, and they didn't last one day without being absolutely toast.

@Missbrunettebeauty welcome to the forum! Feel free to have a look through our Catalog for confirmed fitment brakes for your LX: https://unity-performance.com/collections/2016-honda-civic-hatch?pf_pt_product_type=Braking

Feel free to ask any questions along the way!

@hobby-man, thank you as always brother :)
Sponsored