crownjewels

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic EX
Country flag
So just what I feared would happen, happened. After owning the 2016 LX for 2 months, a rock hit the windshield and put a nice crack down the passenger side about 9 inches long. Took it to Safelite and had to write a scathing review (well I didn't have to, no one twisted my arm) because the installation was very sloppy, I never saw a technician and the moulding all around it is inconsistent. I am now scheduled for a warranty service on the replacement windshield. Here are a few pix to show you the poor workmanship. There was even glue in a "gob" on the passenger side and gaps between the channel where the water is supposed to flow down from the roof.
Not a happy camper at all.

Am I over-reacting?

Honda Civic 10th gen Sloppy Windshield Replacement IMG_0272.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Sloppy Windshield Replacement FullSizeRender

Honda Civic 10th gen Sloppy Windshield Replacement IMG_0271.JPG

kevinh456

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Sedan - Touring, 2012 Genesis Coupe GT, 1999 Honda Prelude S
Country flag
I had a similar situation and had my windshield replaced just before hurricane Matthew struck Central Florida. My replacement does NOT look like that. Get it redone. Gross.

OP
OP
crownjewels

crownjewels

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic EX
Country flag
I had a similar situation and had my windshield replaced just before hurricane Matthew struck Central Florida. My replacement does NOT look like that. Get it redone. Gross.
I have an appointment for this coming Saturday and I refused to go back to the place that did the sloppy work. I even posted on Facebook these pictures and they were mortified. This time I will be sure to state upfront to them that it needs to look like new or I am not accepting the work.
Yes, I'd classify the work as gross. The corner piece that loops around from the top (my first picture) looke like they re-used the old moulding - and there's a gap.

OP
OP
crownjewels

crownjewels

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic EX
Country flag
Did you have yours replaced by Safelite or another provider?

kevinh456

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Sedan - Touring, 2012 Genesis Coupe GT, 1999 Honda Prelude S
Country flag
It was done by this specific Safelite (https://www.safelite.com/stores/Orlando). There were actually some issues with the moulding for me. First they had to order the glass (Honda OEM, sensing, no aftermarket was available yet). It took about a week and a half. Once they had the glass, they realized there was an issue with the moulding. Apparently the Civic X has new moulding. I had to wait another two days for the order to come in. I'm wondering if your Safelite didn't realize there was new moulding and tried to use the previous version.

OP
OP
crownjewels

crownjewels

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic EX
Country flag
It was done by this specific Safelite (https://www.safelite.com/stores/Orlando). There were actually some issues with the moulding for me. First they had to order the glass (Honda OEM, sensing, no aftermarket was available yet). It took about a week and a half. Once they had the glass, they realized there was an issue with the moulding. Apparently the Civic X has new moulding. I had to wait another two days for the order to come in. I'm wondering if your Safelite didn't realize there was new moulding and tried to use the previous version.
While I would like to give them the benefit of the doubt, I should have left and gone to another location once I got there. The waiting room was filthy, unheated (it is winter in NY) and there was no bathroom. I never saw a tech and was handed my keys by the receptionist as the tech had already left.
When I go to the new location this Saturday I will be very specific about my expectations.
Sponsored