First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic FD
Country flag
Hello pals
Last weekend I were cleaning my stock calipers from all the dust and dirt that stuck there (started to squeeze).
My model (FK7 manual) has the Ate calipers from the factory with 2 sliding pins.
When I opened these pins they felt like almost unscrewed, a very small pressure needed to be applied to remove them.
When I finished the cleaning I closed them a little more than before. Now I am concerned that maybe this is one of this cases that "more is not better".
Does anyone know here how much ft-lb need to be applied on the brake pins?

Thanks for help
Prozento
Sponsored

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
Hello pals
Last weekend I were cleaning my stock calipers from all the dust and dirt that stuck there (started to squeeze).
My model (FK7 manual) has the Ate calipers from the factory with 2 sliding pins.
When I opened these pins they felt like almost unscrewed, a very small pressure needed to be applied to remove them.
When I finished the cleaning I closed them a little more than before. Now I am concerned that maybe this is one of this cases that "more is not better".

Thanks for help
Prozento
Front bracket bolts: 80 ft-lbs
Front sliding pin caliper bolts: 25 ft-lbs

Rear bracket bolts: 55 ft-lbs
Rear sliding pins: 17 ft-lbs

OP
OP

Prozento

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic FD
Country flag

First of all thank you very much for the reply
Are you sure this torque levels for the ate international caliper? In USA there is a different one.
And, any chance you can tell from where you took the information?

Thanks again!

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
First of all thank you very much for the reply
Are you sure this torque levels for the ate international caliper? In USA there is a different one.
And, any chance you can tell from where you took the information?

Thanks again!
I’m sure it’s all the same I doubt they’ll change the brake calipers per location. Different manufacturer maybe, but same overall design. I could be wrong, but if you want here’s the link to the service manual. It does require a subscription, just get a day and save routine maintenance stuff. Just don’t download too much as you will be kicked for it lol
https://techinfo.honda.com/rjanisis/logon.aspx

OP
OP

Prozento

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic FD
Country flag
I’m sure it’s all the same I doubt they’ll change the brake calipers per location. Different manufacturer maybe, but same overall design. I could be wrong, but if you want here’s the link to the service manual. It does require a subscription, just get a day and save routine maintenance stuff. Just don’t download too much as you will be kicked for it lol
Wow, a great idea. Thanks!

OP
OP

Prozento

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic FD
Country flag
I checked the website.
Unfortunately, there are no European/international models there. Only USA and Canada.
This is how my calipers look - there is no tunnels for the sliding pins. They need to be screwd into the second caliper part (Guess is called caliper bracket).
The system:
https://www.parts-honda.uk/honda-ca...-SUSPENSION/FRONT-BRAKE-2-/30841/B221/4/30841
Hos it looks:
https://www.jhybrakecaliper.com/brake-caliper-for-honda-civic-45001tv0e01

The sliding pins entering the rubber holes with a cap on the other side and just screwed to the second part.
In USA from what I saw on Youtube people has something more similar to old civics - 2 sliding piuns that sitting inside a small tunnel and a rubber part that doesn't allow to dirt to come inside the tunnel

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I checked the website.
Unfortunately, there are no European/international models there. Only USA and Canada.
This is how my calipers look - there is no tunnels for the sliding pins. They need to be screwd into the second caliper part (Guess is called caliper bracket).
The system:
https://www.parts-honda.uk/honda-ca...-SUSPENSION/FRONT-BRAKE-2-/30841/B221/4/30841
Hos it looks:
https://www.jhybrakecaliper.com/brake-caliper-for-honda-civic-45001tv0e01

The sliding pins entering the rubber holes with a cap on the other side and just screwed to the second part.
In USA from what I saw on Youtube people has something more similar to old civics - 2 sliding piuns that sitting inside a small tunnel and a rubber part that doesn't allow to dirt to come inside the tunnel
You can call a dealership near you and ask a service tech for the international model or just get it good and tight, then a little extra to make sure it’s on. Obviously don’t over do it and kill it lol, but it’s fine if you go over the torque spec won’t effect anything.

OP
OP

Prozento

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic FD
Country flag
You can call a dealership near you and ask a service tech for the international model or just get it good and tight, then a little extra to make sure it’s on. Obviously don’t over do it and kill it lol, but it’s fine if you go over the torque spec won’t effect anything.
Ok I see. Thanks!
Going to a dealer in my country it is parallel to "wasting your time for nothing". Even when I must visit it, I always check what they supposed to do, at least to know how bad from 1 to 10 was their work. Sad but, this is the reality here. The reason why I even got to cleaning my brakes was that in the service they cleaned nothing - part out parts in...no grease, no torque levels, no cleaning...a work that my little sister could do.

Ziyang

First Name
Ziyang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic ET-T MT
Country flag

Hello,

I just checked the files I have. It seems the rear bracket bolts are also 80 lb ft?

Tho, I messed up the sliding pins torque with 25 lb ft (should be 25 N m)..

Ziyang

First Name
Ziyang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic ET-T MT
Country flag
I think you are good as long as your car brakes normally and you don't hear brake noise. Probably choose next sunny day to lift your car, take off the wheels, and re-torque them to, as mentioned above, 18 lb ft or any number around 20?

Did you apply silicone grease on the smooth part of guide pins? That's more important for pads health. Additionally, add a bit threadlock on the threads of guide pin's female threads.

Joelgold

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic HB Sport
Country flag
Hello,

I just checked the files I have. It seems the rear bracket bolts are also 80 lb ft?

Tho, I messed up the sliding pins torque with 25 lb ft (should be 25 N m)..
You must be looking at the si and R specs, 1.5 non si is 55.

Frank Rallye

First Name
Francesco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CIVIC X SPORT+
Country flag
Hello pals

Thanks for help
Prozento
Hi @Prozento did you find the torque spec for them?!

bruhfk7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Sport Hatchback 2018
Country flag
I have the same question. The EU calipers seems different than what they have in the US.
I checked the service manual but unfortunately it's only for the US spec.
@Prozento did you ever figure out the torque spec?
Sponsored