sliding cupholder too loose (new guy here!)

Draken187

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 accord ex-l sedan, 2016 accord sport sedan, 2006 civic type r (in spain) and 2017 civic sedan ex-t w/manual transmission
Country flag
My sense is that the absence of felt was a production line glitch, not a decision by Honda to make cheaper cup holders.
I mentioned the same earlier.. Not a omittance on purpose.. As all these guys cupholders move like a odometer.... Back and forth...
Sponsored

OP
OP

flintdragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX hatchback
Took my car (and the faulty cupholder) to the dealer. They said there was a spring/tension issue so the cubholder doesn't grip the well guides tightly. They just replaced the entire cupholder. Lame issue but at least it is fixed now and I can actually put open drinks in there.

Draken187

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 accord ex-l sedan, 2016 accord sport sedan, 2006 civic type r (in spain) and 2017 civic sedan ex-t w/manual transmission
Country flag
Took my car (and the faulty cupholder) to the dealer. They said there was a spring/tension issue so the cubholder doesn't grip the well guides tightly. They just replaced the entire cupholder. Lame issue but at least it is fixed now and I can actually put open drinks in there.
You didnt like the pool splashing myst option that honda invented?

cruisencode

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX Hatchback
Country flag
Got my cupholder replaced under warranty over the weekend. It now has the felt and does not slide back and forth on its own.

Alphabet_soup

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX-L
Country flag
2018 Civic EX-L owner here. My cup holder has the felt and after about a year of ownership (got the car new in January of 2019) the cupholder has become incredibly loose and slides all over the place. Again, there *is* felt on the cup holder pieces that fit in the center console grooves. Obviously the presence of felt is not the problem. I’m disappointed to read that everyone so quickly decided to agree that that was the issue.

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag
Mine used to be just perfect and now became too tight and hard to move......:dunno:

bcrichster

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sport 2.0L, 1998 Civic LX D16-MiniMe
Country flag
Mine used to be just perfect and now became too tight and hard to move......:dunno:
Sticky sugar drink residue.. use alcohol or something to clean the cupholder and tracks, should be great afterwards
Sponsored