Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.procivic.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan, Others
Country flag
D2 has had Si compatible springs out for a few months now. I've also seen a few Si's with Eibach springs.
True, other springs will work, it's just a matter of whether the manufacturer has specifically tested them.

Akalawur77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
What are the front and rear spring rates for the stock springs and the skunk2 springs?

DR_FC1

First Name
Darien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Aegean Blue Si, 1997 Ek Hatchback Cx
D2 has had Si compatible springs out for a few months now. I've also seen a few Si's with Eibach springs.
i just checked D2 and they do have coilovers for the 2016 sedan/coupe (non-Si) but i wonder if you throw them onto a Si how it would affect the sports mode

**SideNote: What is taking them so long to get coilovers for the car the dampers shouldn't be that much of an obstacle for them :rolleyes1:, I'm contemplating getting the lowering springs but with the pictures on the previous page still looks almost stock height with a substantial amount of wheel gap... idk if the $219 is worth it or just to wait**

DR_FC1

First Name
Darien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I went on Skunk 2 IG and Checked for pictures which they had but was extremely dark showing the stock vs lowered so i boosted up the brightness and hopefully save everyone some time let me know if you guys think its worth it..

Honda Civic 10th gen Skunk2 Lowering Springs for the Civic Si IMG_4238

Honda Civic 10th gen Skunk2 Lowering Springs for the Civic Si IMG_4237

Last edited:

fastSI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type-R 2018 CW #13019
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It seems interesting .But i went on the skunk2 site and no where they say that it fits the SI Models...

That's weird!!

ssmith

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Toyota 4Runner, 90 Civic SI, 17 Civic SI
Country flag
If it fits normal 16-17 civics, springs will fit SI. I don't understand the confusion! If you get coilovers you lose the adjustable dampening in sport mode. But most coilovers have manual adjustable dampening anyway.

OP
OP
procivic

procivic

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.procivic.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan, Others
Country flag
It seems interesting .But i went on the skunk2 site and no where they say that it fits the SI Models...

That's weird!!
They label it as fitting all models except the Type R. We confirmed with them they did test the springs on the Si.

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
**SideNote: What is taking them so long to get coilovers for the car the dampers shouldn't be that much of an obstacle for them :rolleyes1:, I'm contemplating getting the lowering springs but with the pictures on the previous page still looks almost stock height with a substantial amount of wheel gap... idk if the $219 is worth it or just to wait**
They need to manufacture an actuator or find a way to have it work with Honda's existing one. Being that it's low production and costly, I wouldn't expect to see anything this year except from HFP. From there. I'd expect third parties to begin reverse engineering HFP's design. But we're still a ways out, IMHO.

KW and Bilstein are both reportedly working on kits for the Civic. Whether that includes the Si/CTR remains to be seen. I'd say Bilstein is more likely due to their existing HPD partnership.

Honda Civic 10th gen Skunk2 Lowering Springs for the Civic Si upload_2017-9-19_10-58-46

View attachment 67319

Honda Civic 10th gen Skunk2 Lowering Springs for the Civic Si upload_2017-9-19_10-57-22

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0

DR_FC1

First Name
Darien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was doing some research around some forums and they were speaking about groundcontrol coming out with adjustable springs so i emailed them and they responded promptly. Hope this helps with anyones decision before they jump the gun on one of these lowering springs. Coils seem like they gonna take a while to get because of the active

Honda Civic 10th gen Skunk2 Lowering Springs for the Civic Si IMG_4242.PNG

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
The Si's F/R spring rates are completely different. Usually that's not a problem. But Honda added an extra 25% stiffness in the rear vs. the front. Going with base Civic rates - even performance tuned rates - "could" actually cause the Si to understeer more than it does already, all other things held constant.

EDIT: This is in reference to springs that haven't been specifically tested on the Si.

Last edited:

Rikdrt1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma, Honda Civic
Country flag
These should work fine on a '16 Touring right?

I totally agree with this. Just because they say it fits doesn't mean its better. The stock Si suspension is perfect, and no way i am changing the suspension characteristics for looks.

Ill lower mine when someone says it actually is better handling than stock Si.... and hopefully with a drop.
Sponsored