Fc1_dave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I recently noticed a skunk2 exhaust has become available for purchase, ive been looking for an exhaust that is in the middle of quiet and loud, I’ve been looking to get the hks exhaust but that’s been hard to get a hold of, I also prefer the two tip design. Cutting to the chase, does anyone have this exhaust? Any clips for the Si and comparisons to some others?
Sponsored

letsgoMINAJE

First Name
Minaje
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CBP Si Sedan
Country flag
I just saw this was released and am really intrigued. It looks great, although I will say 2 tips leaves quite the gap, and the pricing is cheaper than most of the systems discussed on this forum.

OP
OP
Fc1_dave

Fc1_dave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I just saw this was released and am really intrigued. It looks great, although I will say 2 tips leaves quite the gap, and the pricing is cheaper than most of the systems discussed on this forum.
Yeah I thought about that too, I just think a more subtle look, what I would consider to be an oem+ style. The pricing is one of cheapest I’ve seen besides the remark, other then that it looks decent, hopefully someone here has some feedback on this system.

Snidely

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 civic si
Country flag
I was eyeing it also because I've always been a skunk2 fan. I haven't really seen any clips to compare it yet though

Rfabianfk82020

First Name
Rence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R
Country flag
I saw this in production about ... a month ago. I was like “damn, nice. Kinda late to the exhaust scene, but whatever” big fan of them. I have a skunk2 exhaust on my 07 civic. They always had that nice deep tone for me. I also feel a lot of people ran with them in the 8th gen. I can’t wait to hear it online or in person. Currently running a Tomei Type D and I’m 11/10 happy with it so I’m not jumping ship. Although I am glad they’re putting stuff out for the type R

OP
OP
Fc1_dave

Fc1_dave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Looks pretty but:
Thats a lot, didn’t see that before. I’m still leaning towards the HKS which is about half that weight I believe, but it’s hard to get a hold of.

OP
OP
Fc1_dave

Fc1_dave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I saw this in production about ... a month ago. I was like “damn, nice. Kinda late to the exhaust scene, but whatever” big fan of them. I have a skunk2 exhaust on my 07 civic. They always had that nice deep tone for me. I also feel a lot of people ran with them in the 8th gen. I can’t wait to hear it online or in person. Currently running a Tomei Type D and I’m 11/10 happy with it so I’m not jumping ship. Although I am glad they’re putting stuff out for the type R
I thought the same thing, the next gen civic is about to be out and they just dropped their exhaust, a lot of people ran it on the 8th gen for good reason it seems a lot I went with the more subtle q300 then. I would’ve loved to see a Tomei exhaust for the SI platform.

CIVICUK

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic sport hatch 1.5 turbo manual.
Country flag
Ive been looking out for this exhaust also as my local supplier of 10th gen parts has just listed skunk2's catted/catless fp/dp kit and i love the twin can design, it reminds me of the apexi N1 and the kakimoto exhaust but its like half the price!. I noticed it also comes as 3" piping diameter for if you are afteemarket downpipe then this will be pretty loud.

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I, literally, just installed the Greddy DDR, which has a similar design as the S2 (was waiting for them, but they took too long ?). Haven’t heard a clip of the Skunk exhaust, but given their history, it probably sounds amazing, like others have said.

RE the DDR: my personal opinion is that it’s a perfect exhaust sound. Not raspy at. All., nice and deep, but not overpoweringly loud, but certainly louder than stock, zero drone except a very tiny bit when on throttle passing 2K rpm, but all other cruising is totally fine. In fact, on the freeway last night, it was so quiet at normal cruising speeds that I thought i might’ve messed up the install in some way. ? But, nope, just very well engineered. @ WOT, the exhaust is throaty, but refined, and has zero annoying high-pitched rasp; it’s sounds amazing. Also, noticed my throttle response is just a tad snappier, which is nice side-effect.

OP
OP
Fc1_dave

Fc1_dave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I think because it comes with the front pipe? Their website lists that it mates to the factory downpipe.
That would make sense, if that’s the case it’s at a great price for a front pipe back set up.

OP
OP
Fc1_dave

Fc1_dave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Ive been looking out for this exhaust also as my local supplier of 10th gen parts has just listed skunk2's catted/catless fp/dp kit and i love the twin can design, it reminds me of the apexi N1 and the kakimoto exhaust but its like half the price!. I noticed it also comes as 3" piping diameter for if you are afteemarket downpipe then this will be pretty loud.
The price point is hard to beat

OP
OP
Fc1_dave

Fc1_dave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I, literally, just installed the Greddy DDR, which has a similar design as the S2 (was waiting for them, but they took too long ?). Haven’t heard a clip of the Skunk exhaust, but given their history, it probably sounds amazing, like others have said.

RE the DDR: my personal opinion is that it’s a perfect exhaust sound. Not raspy at. All., nice and deep, but not overpoweringly loud, but certainly louder than stock, zero drone except a very tiny bit when on throttle passing 2K rpm, but all other cruising is totally fine. In fact, on the freeway last night, it was so quiet at normal cruising speeds that I thought i might’ve messed up the install in some way. ? But, nope, just very well engineered. @ WOT, the exhaust is throaty, but refined, and has zero annoying high-pitched rasp; it’s sounds amazing. Also, noticed my throttle response is just a tad snappier, which is nice side-effect.
I was looking into this exhaust as well, I like the design of the DDR pretty much the opposite of the SP which I prefer. Did you have any fitment issues?

CIVICUK

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic sport hatch 1.5 turbo manual.
Country flag

This design caught my eye as soon as it was released and it sounded really nice too, but unfortunatly i have the Greddy sp in my garage and if it was possible to just buy the DDR catback on its own, then i would purchase it in a heart beat.

I swapped the Greddy out for an ARk performance but welds have shot it after 3k miles so im either going to purchase the skunk2 or go back to my Greddy but with my ark's 2.5" piping and have a custom pipe made so it bolts together.

Dont want to have to buy another exhaust but the skunk2 is very tempting, especially if it comes with frontpipe! Done deal i say! :D

I did find a video on youtube of a guy with catless setup and he installed this on his Si but im stock downpipe so comparison could be a lot quieter.
Sponsored