Skunk2 downpipe and exhaust for the Type R; first impressions

blayed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 FL5, 2020 CTR (RIP)
Country flag
So I believe I am one of the first people to get a Skunk2 Megapower exhaust for the Type R, as well as the (catted) downpipe. I got it installed by Skunk2 in exchange for them having my car for a week, so if you see exhaust sounds or video or install guides, that's my car :)
Honda Civic 10th gen Skunk2 downpipe and exhaust for the Type R; first impressions IMG_8489
Honda Civic 10th gen Skunk2 downpipe and exhaust for the Type R; first impressions IMG_8490

First of all, it looks great. While it gets rid of the third tailpipe, the two large barrel exhaust tips sit nicely in the middle of the exhaust cut-out and fill out that space. I think this looks a lot better than some of the other 2-tip exhausts. Someone who didn't know better could think it came from the factory that way.

The most important, however, is the sound. It sounds INCREDIBLE! It is 76mm the whole way, so it gives a deep hum and growl that really makes the car sound like it drives. There is no tinny or rattle sound, just a big booming powerful exhaust sound. I did my best to try to capture it but it's hard to get a good video with my iphone. See the youtube videos below:

In terms of cons, the only thing I can say is that it is a little loud inside the cabin, but that's to be expected with an aftermarket exhaust. Skunk2 makes silencers that go inside the exhaust tips. While they don't look amazing, they reduce the noise significantly which is good for daily driving as well as avoiding the police. Also this system is full stainless steel, so if you're trying to shed weight a Ti exhaust would be better, however some Ti systems can be prone to tinny-ness.

Overall I LOVE my megapower exhaust and downpipe! It gives the car a big deep and powerful sound that it was missing. I am in the process of getting a ecu tune ordered so once I get that I can see how much power this setup makes. Let me know if you have any questions!

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
Sounds great man, enjoy.

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
63lbs according to the website. I wanna guess the stock one is about 50? If you're trying to stay light for time attack I think a Ti exhaust is your best bet anyways.
Stock is 38 pounds according to HKS (they compared that to their Spec-L which weighs in at 26 lbs). 63 is pretty heavy, I thought my Borla at 48 lbs was heavy. Though I should note that there were a few people that doubted that 63 lb number (thinking it was likely an overestimate).