Multaq

First Name
Nick
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Civic LX 6SPD
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey Everyone, Im debating between these 2 for my LX, Any input on which I should go with?

Advertisement

lurker_j

Reaction score
Car(s)
'18 WOP FC1
Country flag
They are both the most aggressive drops you'll get from lowering springs out right now. Before I went D2, i almost went Skunk2 as well. Went D2 cuz i wanted to be as low as I could because I figured I would regret not being lower with the Skunk2. But Skunk2 is still lower than Eibachs.

Here are some skunk2s on a civic:

ApexEight

First Name
Anthony
Reaction score
Car(s)
2008 Honda Civic Si sedan
Country flag
Do either need rear camber arms to correct rear camber to a point where you can use the stock toe adjustment to get rear toe back to zero?

OP
Multaq

Multaq

First Name
Nick
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Civic LX 6SPD
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Based off what you've told me about your roads, maybe go with the Skunk2's. It'll make you feel better with the less rub when you bounce around over the roads.

Thats what I was thinking only because Long Island New York has some of the worst roads.

aegean_18

Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
Went with the Skunk2's and don't regret it at all. Has a slight "rake" since the back has the same gap as the front, and is surprisingly comfortable (gets slightly bouncy on Sport mode in the Si).

Jheake

First Name
Jon
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Honda civic Si Sedan, 2018 Honda Fit Sport
D2s sit very even on a sedan, i too was worried when i picked them up about quality of ride etc. I can report that they ride very very well, and i am very happy with the purchase. Note: i cut my bumpstops in the front just to be sure by about a quarter inch. IDK if that makes any difference height wise, but its just something I always do whenever i lower a car. Not to mention a 2 inch drop is pretty significant. If you are on the fence about D2s, they are fine.

OP
Multaq

Multaq

First Name
Nick
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Civic LX 6SPD
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Does anyone know the difference between stock ride heights of LX vs Si?

Deleted member

I have pretty much decided on D2 springs as my next mod. I'm currently running stock wheels and tires with no suspension mods of any kind.

Question - I haven't lowered a car before so apologies for the novice questions - will I run into any issues in terms of rub or other problems if down the line I install the 19 inch HFP wheels(I'll be having Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tires installed at the same time) while being on the D2 lowering springs?

Thanks for any advice.

MavicTB

First Name
Terry
Reaction score
Car(s)
18 Civic Si Sedan Aegean Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have pretty much decided on D2 springs as my next mod. I'm currently running stock wheels and tires with no suspension mods of any kind.

Question - I haven't lowered a car before so apologies for the novice questions - will I run into any issues in terms of rub or other problems if down the line I install the 19 inch HFP wheels(I'll be having Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tires installed at the same time) while being on the D2 lowering springs?

Thanks for any advice.
Depends on tire width but not likely... those wheels are high offset so shouldn't have much issue with anything 245 width or lower. Maybe even a 255.

OP
Multaq

Multaq

First Name
Nick
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Civic LX 6SPD
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My Skunk 2 Springs should be arriving today. Will post a Packaging review when they arrive

MavicTB

First Name
Terry
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My Skunk 2 Springs should be arriving today. Will post a Packaging review when they arrive
packaging is pretty unimpressive TBH. Its just a silver box with 2 dividers in it and the springs in each divided section. Mine did not have any bubble wrap or anything on the springs themselves. This did cause a little wear on the paint/powder-coat onto the box. Its obviously not noticeable once installed though. Intrigued to see if your experience differs since you ordered direct from manufacture, I got mine through a vendor.

MavicTB

First Name
Terry
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So? You get them? Installed yet?

OP
Multaq

Multaq

First Name
Nick
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Civic LX 6SPD
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So? You get them? Installed yet?

I do have them, Ill post a photo tonight no install yet due to not having my rims. I dont wanna drop on stock wheels i might be too low

Advertisement

Advertisement