Skunk 2 and Blox throttle body worth it?

Ben775

First Name
ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th gen civic si coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Need info from people smarter than me. The skunk2 intake is 70mm but the only throttle body I’m seeing is blox 58mm doesn’t this still create a choke point?with out a 70mm throttle body is this even worth it? On that note wouldn’t the charge pipe leading to the throttle body need to be larger?
Edit: I already have prl charge pipes asking if I would need even larger pipe for a 70mm throttle body
Sponsored

Last edited:

ChefRyeSi

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan / 04’ CRV EX 5MT
Country flag
you'd need a matching throttle body which there is, blox makes a 68 mm i think which fits with modification i THINK if i remember correctly. The charge pipe is attached with PRL's silicone tubing so you could lubricate it on but also may need a bigger tube

ManitobaSI

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Skunk 2 and Blox throttle body worth it? 2175B916-D1AB-4B7D-B087-FE89A1D236AD

I have the 58mm with the skunk2. Couldn’t tell you if it’s worth it cause I haven’t dynoed yet. Tuner didn’t have any issues. The OEM tb barely covers the IM inlet. So I would suggest the larger tb. Also does the skunk2 have any benefit? I don’t know but it looks nice! But it was a very very challenging install.
Honda Civic 10th gen Skunk 2 and Blox throttle body worth it? E9A86273-168A-4917-A779-AF29106947DE

burningoilagain

First Name
Alberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
2175B916-D1AB-4B7D-B087-FE89A1D236AD.jpeg

I have the 58mm with the skunk2. Couldn’t tell you if it’s worth it cause I haven’t dynoed yet. Tuner didn’t have any issues. The OEM tb barely covers the IM inlet. So I would suggest the larger tb. Also does the skunk2 have any benefit? I don’t know but it looks nice! But it was a very very challenging install.
E9A86273-168A-4917-A779-AF29106947DE.jpeg
What was challenging about it ? Did you need anything before hand to install ? I might order one this week

ManitobaSI

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
There’s a man in-depth thread already on here, you’ll need to find it. Has all the photos and install help. But in a nut shell you need to redo all your tubes, trim a hose brackets, maybe your map plug plastic. It really stretches the wire harness. It also didn’t work with my 27won air intake box. Since I’ve installed it they have added proper fitting, a gasket and proper bolt lengths. Also my tb came with one bolt too long. It’s a process.

burningoilagain

First Name
Alberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
There’s a man in-depth thread already on here, you’ll need to find it. Has all the photos and install help. But in a nut shell you need to redo all your tubes, trim a hose brackets, maybe your map plug plastic. It really stretches the wire harness. It also didn’t work with my 27won air intake box. Since I’ve installed it they have added proper fitting, a gasket and proper bolt lengths. Also my tb came with one bolt too long. It’s a process.
Yeah I think I saw that post a few months ago when they first dropped the intake. I figured maybe by now skunk 2 would make sure you have everything you need but I guess they haven’t updated that and letting everyone figure it out.

madchiller

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
i asked DRob about putting a 70mm throttle body on a L15 since i have the PRL turbo tuned by him. he replied "please please please please do not put a fuckin' 70mm throttle on your L15."

OP
OP
Ben775

Ben775

First Name
ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th gen civic si coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
i asked DRob about putting a 70mm throttle body on a L15 since i have the PRL turbo tuned by him. he replied "please please please please do not put a fuckin' 70mm throttle on your L15."
Drob is the goat if he says no bueno then I won’t get one that big, with that many pleases it sound like its dangerous to run it, I wonder why?

madchiller

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Drob is the goat if he says no bueno then I won’t get one that big, with that many pleases it sound like its dangerous to run it, I wonder why?
i don't think it's dangerous... just unnecessary.

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si, 2006 Saab 9-3 Aero
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Need info from people smarter than me. The skunk2 intake is 70mm but the only throttle body I’m seeing is blox 58mm doesn’t this still create a choke point?with out a 70mm throttle body is this even worth it? On that note wouldn’t the charge pipe leading to the throttle body need to be larger?
Edit: I already have prl charge pipes asking if I would need even larger pipe for a 70mm throttle body
The skunk 2 manifold and blox 58mm throttle body make for a great combo, The 58mm opening of the throttle body match up to the PRL intercooler elbow just right. The little stock throttle body is def a choke point as well as the little crowded manifold. Go for it, I felt a great improvement when I installed the Skunk manifold and blox throttle body with the RV6 turbo. The turbo loved it and really opened up the top end and boost came in stronger. Here it the thread I made with all the install detail

https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/skunk-2-intake-manifold-available.66988/

Last edited:

madchiller

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The skunk 2 manifold and blox 58mm throttle body make for a great combo, The 58mm opening of the throttle body match up to the PRL intercooler elbow just right. The little stock throttle body is def a choke point as well as the little crowded manifold. Go for it, I felt a great improvement when I installed the Skunk manifold and blox throttle body with the RV6 turbo. The turbo loved it and really opened up the top end and boost came in stronger. Here it the thread I made with all the install detail

https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/skunk-2-intake-manifold-available.66988/
did you happen to get any before and after dyno numbers?

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Skunk 2 and Blox throttle body worth it? 20210929_132309

Some before and after with the skunk manifold. On even less boost I made more power and it spooled faster, by a considerable amount to.

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
In the end.
Honda Civic 10th gen Skunk 2 and Blox throttle body worth it? 20210929_155735

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
did you happen to get any before and after dyno numbers?
Unfortunately no, but kshawn did and I think he has already replied below or above ⬆⬇↕ 😀

Sport-injected

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
20210929_132309.jpg

Some before and after with the skunk manifold. On even less boost I made more power and it spooled faster, by a considerable amount to.
I love data!