Skid Plate?

MaxPower

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si sedan ABM, 2017 CR-V EX, formerly 2005 Saab 9-2x, 1986 Prelude Si
Country flag
I don’t think the question is relevant to his situation. There comes a point that one’s time becomes more valuable than to spend it changing your oil; been there, done that. And doesn’t make you less of an enthusiast.
While I agree with the gist of your comment, I'm not quite sure why you made it. In the post you replied to, I see no mention of a DIY oil change. @GreenTeaPudding was suggesting (sensibly, imo) that the dealership should accept the blame for the loss of the skid plate. It's pretty clear that they didn't secure it correctly after the oil change was completed.

WF19

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si sedan Aegean Blue Metallic; 2003 Pontiac Vibe (just sold)
Country flag
I don’t think the question is relevant to his situation. There comes a point that one’s time becomes more valuable than to spend it changing your oil; been there, done that. And doesn’t make you less of an enthusiast.
He's not questioning why the owner went to the dealership for an oil change, but why the owner didn't go back to have the dealer fix the problem.

David Harper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic coupe
Country flag
no, that point doesn't come. not if one enjoys changing one's oil.

Last edited:

BoostinIX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SI Sedan
Country flag
I mean question was answered really. Go back to dealer/contact Honda; or get the cheap Type R or his OEM replacement.

WOPSiWOT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Now this is my question. I have a friend who works there she said I would have to buy the extra plastic piece but I have a whole after market exhaust kit that doesn't fit with it. So I dunno if its worth it spending the money on it. I found a good skid plate on ebay but haven't bought yet. But its 300$ has more air holes for it to breath better etc..
As others have said, but perhaps not fully explained, get the Type R skid plate. It is the same but you can buy just the part you need without the entire plastic undercladding. It seems to be a quirk in the Honda parts inventory.

OP
OP
Aust1n113

Aust1n113

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 honda civic sport
Country flag
As others have said, but perhaps not fully explained, get the Type R skid plate. It is the same but you can buy just the part you need without the entire plastic undercladding. It seems to be a quirk in the Honda parts inventory.
Thank u

Juniq

First Name
Erwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK7
Country flag
I’ve seen a lot of mentions on the type R skid plate, but I haven’t seen anyone post any pictures. Does anyone actually have this installed?

Otherwise, would this be a better upgrade?

https://www.baddannlv.com/

Honda Civic 10th gen Skid Plate? 7B0A7CEC-A938-48BD-8DF5-0CF695E22638

TyresseX

First Name
Tyresse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic hatchback sport
Country flag
is that the aluminum plate under the engine? bro i need one too... but online it keeps showing with the plastic piece

Juniq

First Name
Erwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK7
Country flag
is that the aluminum plate under the engine? bro i need one too... but online it keeps showing with the plastic piece
Yeah, they’re notorious in these forums for completely falling apart (mine flew off on the highway lol). I was hoping someone could chime in who’s replaced it.

OP
OP
Aust1n113

Aust1n113

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 honda civic sport
Country flag
Yeah, they’re notorious in these forums for completely falling apart (mine flew off on the highway lol). I was hoping someone could chime in who’s replaced it.
You aint the only one brother. Mine hit another car on the high way. Lmao

IDs748

First Name
PRAJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic LX Hatchback
Country flag
I'm going to be making a DIY skid plate with ease of access for DIY OIL change. Since I work in steel fab.

I can assure you the cost to make most of these skid plates is less than 50$ USD its all in the "design and engineering'

I will post back in a month or so with my version!