Skid Plate?

JT Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Country flag
on hondapartsonline it says it doesn't fit my car
Because it's the part number from the Type R. But people have reported the part fits other civics and appears to be functionally identical.

Honda's part database isn't going to show it as compatible.
Sponsored

Flavio SG

First Name
Flavio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Sport Plus
Country flag
I’ve seen a lot of mentions on the type R skid plate, but I haven’t seen anyone post any pictures. Does anyone actually have this installed?
I just installed it, it fits perfectly (I have the European Hatchback).

The only difference it doesn't come with the thermal insulation fabric:

Honda Civic 10th gen Skid Plate? IMG_20210128_143348

Honda Civic 10th gen Skid Plate? IMG_8223 (1).JPG

DieNasti

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic LX
Country flag
The Type R skid plate should work on an LX right? Just did my oil change for the first time on this car and noticed I don't have a skid plate. $40 doesn't seem so bad for one.

Pontgta

First Name
Cris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CIVIC LX
Country flag
The Type R skid plate should work on an LX right? Just did my oil change for the first time on this car and noticed I don't have a skid plate. $40 doesn't seem so bad for one.
I just ordered one , so I will let you know

TriangleHeat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Coupe (FC4, K20C2)
Country flag
I've dealt with shitty worksmanship from dealers and body shops before and these get the best results:

1. If you haven't already, send an e-mail or call the dealership's service manager, not the service writer. Any time I do that they bend over backwards to help.
2. Trash the dealership on multiple review sites (Google and Yelp). Check any dealership's reviews, they often respond to every review and negative ones they bend over backwards to help you if you slag them on a review, since that directly affects how other potential customers perceive them.
3. Contact American Honda.
4. Never go back to that dealership again.
5. Check eBay or junkyards, they have the metal plate for far less than 400. Look up by part number or terms "splash shield underbody shield". Don't use the term "skid plate" in your search because it isn't one. You're going to get listings for 400 dollar actual skid plates meant to withstand blows for lowered cars, this is just a underbody shield or aerocover not a skid plate.

TyresseX

First Name
Tyresse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic hatchback sport
Country flag
I've dealt with shitty worksmanship from dealers and body shops before and these get the best results:

1. If you haven't already, send an e-mail or call the dealership's service manager, not the service writer. Any time I do that they bend over backwards to help.
2. Trash the dealership on multiple review sites (Google and Yelp). Check any dealership's reviews, they often respond to every review and negative ones they bend over backwards to help you if you slag them on a review, since that directly affects how other potential customers perceive them.
3. Contact American Honda.
4. Never go back to that dealership again.
5. Check eBay or junkyards, they have the metal plate for far less than 400. Look up by part number or terms "splash shield underbody shield". Don't use the term "skid plate" in your search because it isn't one. You're going to get listings for 400 dollar actual skid plates meant to withstand blows for lowered cars, this is just a underbody shield or aerocover not a skid plate.
ima just get type r one the guy recommended

TyresseX

First Name
Tyresse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I just installed it, it fits perfectly (I have the European Hatchback).

The only difference it doesn't come with the thermal insulation fabric:

IMG_20210128_143348.jpg
what's this even for? I don't remember seeing this on my car

Flavio SG

First Name
Flavio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Sport Plus
Country flag
Th
what's this even for? I don't remember seeing this on my car
This was attached to the original skid plate, seems some kind of thermal insulation and/or maybe to cushion some light impacts (half of it it's thicker and soft)

TyresseX

First Name
Tyresse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Th

This was attached to the original skid plate, seems some kind of thermal insulation and/or maybe to cushion some light impacts (half of it it's thicker and soft)
mine did not have that.

WhiskeyTango

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
I'm going to be making a DIY skid plate with ease of access for DIY OIL change. Since I work in steel fab.

I can assure you the cost to make most of these skid plates is less than 50$ USD its all in the "design and engineering'

I will post back in a month or so with my version!
Curious as to how this went. I've contemplated making one myself, more so since I discovered we have louver tooling at work.

IDs748

First Name
PRAJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic LX Hatchback
Country flag
Curious as to how this went. I've contemplated making one myself, more so since I discovered we have louver tooling at work.
I had planned to do it over my Christmas Break but haven't had a chance due to the cold and no access to a hoist at the moment.

Likely won't get to it until spring.

Badannlv

CivicX Basic Sponsor
First Name
Ann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic, Wrx
Country flag
I had planned to do it over my Christmas Break but haven't had a chance due to the cold and no access to a hoist at the moment.

Likely won't get to it until spring.
Give us a chance our skid plate comes with louvers made out of. 063" 5052 aluminum, or a thicker version if you like, .080" plus easy access to oil drain and filter.
www.baddannlv.com

LittleturboSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
I just ordered one , so I will let you know
Have you got a chance to find out if it fits? I did some search but seems like no one ever confirmed if the type-r one fits, though many talked about it. We need a simple yes/no answer and please solve this mystery for us!:D
Sponsored