First Name
Kelsey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX Sedan
Country flag
Hello!

First off - I know nothing about cars, which is why I'm here! (Be gentle!)

When I got my oil changed recently they said I didn't have a skid plate. Also, I was driving to a hike on a fairly bumpy gravel road and now the splash guard (?) - a plastic piece under the front of my car. Where do I go to get replacements? Honda dealership? Will they rip me off? Or is it possible to buy online and have a car guru friend install?

Thanks so much!
Kelsey (2016 Honda Civic EX sedan)
Sponsored

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yes very easy to get replacements and very cheap. That plate cover would probably run you like $30, you could install it yourself or have a friend install it as long as you have a jack. Should probably take like 5-10 minutes.

In regards to the splash guard, are you missing one? Although it's not necessary to have one I'm asumming you'd rather have 4 than 3

edit: yes can just go to honda dealership for the easy fix it route, do it yourself to save a couple bucks but little more work

Here is a pic of the splash guards btw

Honda Civic 10th gen Skid Plate / Splash Guard? civic.PNG

OP
OP
kelsm33

kelsm33

First Name
Kelsey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thank you for your response! For the "splash guard" maybe I'm calling it the wrong thing?

It's more of this maybe? But I'm not sure if that's it. All I know is whatever I have currently is being held together with duct tape at the moment :)

Honda Civic 10th gen Skid Plate / Splash Guard? 1598994405546

https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p...id-plate-ho1009100/11750510-P?utm_medium=ymme

For the skid plate - I have no idea what to get if I was to purchase online and have a friend install. Do you have a link to what I need?

OP
OP
kelsm33

kelsm33

First Name
Kelsey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yeah maybe that's what it's called? It's the plastic part that stretches across the front/under the front of the car. It looks like a pretty basic piece of plastic to me. Looks like it might need screws and/or clips to attach it? Any links to what I need would be SO helpful!

Phy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Civic HB ST, '18 Civic HB EX, '04 Ford Ranger
Country flag
Yeah maybe that's what it's called? It's the plastic part that stretches across the front/under the front of the car. It looks like a pretty basic piece of plastic to me. Looks like it might need screws and/or clips to attach it? Any links to what I need would be SO helpful!
Under cover
Sponsored