Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag
Pretty amazing isn't it? How with a million of parts sellers on the internet, they are all the same and when you want to find some apparently common parts you need to actually pull them out of the car to look at them.
I changed my oil last year and had all these screws in my hands but didn't pay much attention to them. Since I'm not going to have any kid mess with my oil, I will never need to buy extras.
What's also amazing, is that out of the multitude of amateur videos on YouTube showing how to change oil on a civicx, none is done well.
Sponsored

Syntek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If the undercover is the exact same as the sedan/coup, it should be the same bolt, though out of curiosity I looked up to see if there is in fact a different bolt, and in the parts diagram, there isn't even a bolt listed for the 5 doors. Weird.

Deleted member 24192

I take apart a bolt from my car . It is metric size ; M6-1.0, 1.5 cm long

I use Stew mac thread detective ;
https://www.stewmac.com/Luthier_Too...r_Measuring/Thread_Detective_for_Guitars.html
Capture d’écran, le 2019-05-06 à 06.53.21.png

DSC07076.jpg
Thanks for providing all this info dude.

So, I had the same problem last week when I noticed that I was scraping over some bumps and dips. I took a look underneath while parked and noticed that my splash guard/skid plate was hanging off the front. I can kinda see two screws still on the hanging piece, and it's probably that bolt you have pictured. Thankfully they didn't fall off when I went to the dealer and they put it back in--after 3 hours of waiting.

I have a feeling this will happen again since the whole design of that piece is not exactly durable, which is a shame on Honda. I'm thinking of using loctite on those two screws, and maybe even using zip ties to reinforce the whole thing.

joshhjackson2112

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' SI
Country flag

So, I had the same problem last week when I noticed that I was scraping over some bumps and dips. I took a look underneath while parked and noticed that my splash guard/skid plate was hanging off the front. I can kinda see two screws still on the hanging piece, and it's probably that bolt you have pictured. Thankfully they didn't fall off when I went to the dealer and they put it back in--after 3 hours of waiting.

I have a feeling this will happen again since the whole design of that piece is not exactly durable, which is a shame on Honda. I'm thinking of using loctite on those two screws, and maybe even using zip ties to reinforce the whole thing.
Same thing happened to me. I took the skid plate off until I got the replacement screws. Just be more careful when parking in front of curbs. I am certain I pulled up too far on one and damaged the screws. Here is the part number 90105-TBA-A00. I bought 4 of them in case it happens again.

latole

Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

Not durable ? I desagree.

Not durable if missing bolts, alway check after oil change by your dealer, do it before leaving dealeship

Ziyang

First Name
Ziyang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic ET-T MT
Country flag
I take apart a bolt from my car . It is metric size ; M6-1.0, 1.5 cm long

I use Stew mac thread detective ;
https://www.stewmac.com/Luthier_Too...r_Measuring/Thread_Detective_for_Guitars.html
Capture d’écran, le 2019-05-06 à 06.53.21.png

DSC07076.jpg
This is super informative, thank you!

I'd like to share my experience on these two screws: after dissemble/assemble the skid plate for about 8 times, they were stuck in place; I couldn't remove them but stripped the screwhead. I did oil changes by myself so nothing to blame improper handling.

I took my car to a mechanic friend, and he showed me that the screw holes on the skid plate back side were damaged because of these rusted screws. When the screws were turned, the threaded holes also turned with it... He commented that the key reason is that iron-made screws get rusted instantly in contact with the aluminum skid plate.

Now that the threaded holes were damaged, I had to replace the whole splash shield for $120. Tho, that's a reasonable price since that metal skid plate doesn't come alone and he actually replaced the whole plastic under cover. Afterwards, he told me that he used two aluminum-alloy screws instead of the OEM iron screws. In this way I won't have this issue anymore.

I'd recommend you replacing them with aluminum ones since you already know the size.

Andre

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
how did you fix the stripped screws on the splash guard. I currently have that problem (i have a post about it)

sterofuse

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback EXL-Sensing
Country flag
This si the bolt you're looking for. Hondapartsnow will say it's incompatible as these only show up in the Type-R civic catalog but the bolt is a Honda 90105-TBA-A00

Honda Civic 10th gen Skid plate bolt size - 2018 Hatchback EX IMG_5279

Honda Civic 10th gen Skid plate bolt size - 2018 Hatchback EX IMG_5295

Honda Civic 10th gen Skid plate bolt size - 2018 Hatchback EX IMG_5297

latole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I bought some replacement bolts who do the job at Home Depot
Sponsored