DaveTheUmp

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Coupe
Country flag
My radio will not show the channels on Sirius XM. I'be been in contact with Sirius, we've done two refresh's. I went to the dealer, they said the problem wasn't on their end. After calling Sirius, again, I and Sirius confirmed that the problem was with the radio it self. I have all the stations that I've subscribed to, " ALL ACCESS ", but when I touch the channel tab, the following comes up on my screen.

Honda Civic 10th gen Sirius XM IMG_2002.JPG
Can anyone explain to me why this is happening?
Sponsored

calonzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
My radio will not show the channels on Sirius XM. I'be been in contact with Sirius, we've done two refresh's. I went to the dealer, they said the problem wasn't on their end. After calling Sirius, again, I and Sirius confirmed that the problem was with the radio it self. I have all the stations that I've subscribed to, " ALL ACCESS ", but when I touch the channel tab, the following comes up on my screen.

IMG_2002.JPG
Can anyone explain to me why this is happening?
I had a similar problem once and restarting the HU resolved the issue. It seems you have tried that. Have you also tried disconnecting the battery for a couple of minutes?

jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag
^agree with this, i also have sirius xm in my car (it works fine) but I would suggest disconnecting the battery for a full reset, and see if that makes a difference.

OP
OP
DaveTheUmp

DaveTheUmp

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Coupe
Country flag
^agree with this, i also have sirius xm in my car (it works fine) but I would suggest disconnecting the battery for a full reset, and see if that makes a difference.
After spending 4-1/2 hours at the dealership, under warranty, they have ordered a new unit. They couldn't fix the problem or have they seen anything like it.

e85sbm

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic EX-T
Country flag
What trim level do you have? I don't have Sirius in my Canadian EXT coupe.
I wish I had it on the head unit, but the app and streaming seems to be working for now.

calonzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
After spending 4-1/2 hours at the dealership, under warranty, they have ordered a new unit. They couldn't fix the problem or have they seen anything like it.
They even tried a factory reset? It's hard to believe this is a hardware problem.

OP
OP
DaveTheUmp

DaveTheUmp

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Coupe
Country flag
What trim level do you have? I don't have Sirius in my Canadian EXT coupe.
I wish I had it on the head unit, but the app and streaming seems to be working for now.
My wife and I both have the 1.5 EXL Civic's. A coupe and a sedan.

OP
OP
DaveTheUmp

DaveTheUmp

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Coupe
Country flag
They even tried a factory reset? It's hard to believe this is a hardware problem.
Yes they did. I was at the dealer for almost 5 hours. They even compared the radio to the service manager's Civic, same model as I have. So, they just ordered a new unit, free for me, as it's under warranty.

e85sbm

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic EX-T
Country flag
My wife and I both have the 1.5 EXL Civic's. A coupe and a sedan.
Thank you.....I have a lower trim level, that explains why it is not available on the screen as an option

Glad the dealer was willing to order and replace as a warranty item.

OP
OP
DaveTheUmp

DaveTheUmp

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Coupe
Country flag
Thank you.....I have a lower trim level, that explains why it is not available on the screen as an option

So am I. I travel the Pacific Northwest umpiring, so it's nice to always have reception, where ever you go. It's a little hard to get all my gear into my Civic, but, it's better than taking my '97 Subaru Outback wagon, excellent condition, when it only gets approx. 23 mpg!

calonzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
So am I. I travel the Pacific Northwest umpiring, so it's nice to always have reception, where ever you go. It's a little hard to get all my gear into my Civic, but, it's better than taking my '97 Subaru Outback wagon, excellent condition, when it only gets approx. 23 mpg!
Glad they are fixing it for free, too.

jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag
Thats good to hear at least they acknowledged the problem and took care of it.

carlson03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2017 EXL Pilot AWD Sensing

My US based EX-T has XM....often at times it will be playing and just cut out for a second or a few seconds....I need to take it to the dealer because when I backup it is black at times. Trying to get a list of things before I go! :)

Blacklude4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 Prelude VTEC, 1990 Civic EX hatch, 2018 civic Si coupe
Country flag
So am I. I travel the Pacific Northwest umpiring, so it's nice to always have reception, where ever you go
May I ask how long you have been an ump? And for what level of ball?

OP
OP
DaveTheUmp

DaveTheUmp

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Coupe
Country flag
May I ask how long you have been an ump? And for what level of ball?
I've been an umpire for approx. 25 years. I've done CC ball, NSA, ASA, high school and now little league. I quit doing everything except little league, so I could give back to the community. The other reason, so I could watch my grandsons play football and basketball in middle school and high school. I love it, helping the younger kids with baseball and softball. I'm on the staff for District 1 little league.
Sponsored